Cheapest nice sounding amp emulation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I always get good results with my GTR 3 solo (yes, the small version).

rod_zero wrote:I am in a bit fo a hurry, I will be recording some guitar on friday and I need some amp emulation (we don't have mic for recording straight from the amp).

If I had time, and budget, I would probably get Guitar Rig, I searched some options and it seems the best compromise. Other sound better but are more expensive.
Friday is near and you haven't told us yet for what musical direction the amp should be suited. A quite important thing to consider. However, for $50 you really should prefer quality over quantity. I'd suggest Kazrog's Thermionik FB100, an emulation of a very expensive Friedman boutique amp. That amp can do about everything from sparkling cleans up to blistering high gain and everything in between - and it does everthing better than 99% of other amp emulations. Can be purchased for $12.99. Combine that with a freeware impulse loader like Ignite NadIR and one of 3 Sigma Audio's mix-ready impulses (the Friedman 4x12 might be a good fit) for $7.99. This way you spend only $21 for great quality and versatility.

Just like in real life - one great, versatile amp and a good, corresponding cab should be all you need. Don't let all those guitar software suites fool you with billions of different (mostly mediocre) amp sims and effects. You'll spend days, weeks and months fiddling around in search of the best possible sound, but you will never be satisfied. I have gone through this and it's a nightmare.

GrabtharsHammer wrote:
rod_zero wrote:I am in a bit fo a hurry, I will be recording some guitar on friday and I need some amp emulation (we don't have mic for recording straight from the amp).

If I had time, and budget, I would probably get Guitar Rig, I searched some options and it seems the best compromise. Other sound better but are more expensive.
Friday is near and you haven't told us yet for what musical direction the amp should be suited. A quite important thing to consider. However, for $50 you really should prefer quality over quantity. I'd suggest Kazrog's Thermionik FB100, an emulation of a very expensive Friedman boutique amp. That amp can do about everything from sparkling cleans up to blistering high gain and everything in between - and it does everthing better than 99% of other amp emulations. Can be purchased for $12.99. Combine that with a freeware impulse loader like Ignite NadIR and one of 3 Sigma Audio's mix-ready impulses (the Friedman 4x12 might be a good fit) for $7.99. This way you spend only $21 for great quality and versatility.

Just like in real life - one great, versatile amp and a good, corresponding cab should be all you need. Don't let all those guitar software suites fool you with billions of different (mostly mediocre) amp sims and effects. You'll spend days, weeks and months fiddling around in search of the best possible sound, but you will never be satisfied. I have gone through this and it's a nightmare.
Thanks a lot for the very reasonavle sugestion, I might pick the FB100 emulation and use it along Live Cabinet device.

The genre is space rock, kind of Tool-Mogwai-Sigur Ros and a bit of Ratatat.

I have been testing some of the suggestions but I think at the end I have to demo them with the guitarist and bass player.
dedication to flying

Return to “Effects”