Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger VPS Avenger 2

Updated V-Man, and upgraded to Avenger 2 (from A1). Everything (unexpectedly) working just fine (I'm in Cubase 13 Elements, on PC). Great discount for the upgrade, so purchased my very first Avenger expansion - Generative 1. Wow! This expansion is terrific. I suspected it might be something special from one or two YT 'overviews', but now having had some time to play around with it, I'm blown away.

I really hope the developers might consider exploring Generative's more chilled, down-tempo possibilities in a further release. It's quite possible to get Generative 1 to play to that genre, btw, but I would welcome a pack designed with blissed-out, melodic widescreen meandering at its core. Generative 1 is a great start and sends Avenger up towards the top of my personal list of VSTi soft synths (still dominated by Omnisphere 2).

msvs wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:24 am yes the bf discount will just be renamed to xmas discount and it will last AT LEAST until Jan the 1st. Maybe some days longer, we do this spontaneously
Ok, thanks. I really looking forward to this one :D

Great discount for the upgrade, so purchased my very first Avenger expansion - Generative 1. Wow! This expansion is terrific
thank you! Was a lot fun to program :) Usually we do this random stuff programming mainly on our Euroracks, but Avenger opens into a totally new dimension with the Quantizer and the Arp Randomizer. And the best thing: you can save and its not gone when unplugging your cables :hihi:

It’s starting to be to confusing to where to post….
2 forum threads about the same thing?!

Not possible to select Q4antum FX presets, even though there is a preset folder. Other fx work , though.
When I go to preset folder outside Avenger, I can see categorized presets.
When I go in Avenger to "Go to preset folder", Q4antum folder is empty, even though it's not, when I select folder of other fx, there are presets !?
I know how to to select presets, you just click on "untitled", but it doesn't work with Q4antum fx, preset selection works with other fx, though.
When I select a new preset of Factory2 which uses Q4antum, there is a preset name, but you still can't select other presets.
I ve just noticed, I am in the old thread.
Will post again in the current one.

i think this is Avenger pre-version2 topic? ;)
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

if you load third party bank i get error: cant write to file, check destination folder is writable,,,,anyone has similar issue, have latest V2 on win, how to get over this please? thx

vulpes777 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2023 8:41 am For those who might be interested: the "Pick 5 expansions" bundle is 50% off on Plugin Boutique; ends tomorrow.

Regards,

--
Marco
I was curious if Plugin Boutique had re-instated a sale price that was different than the current Vengeance Sound one.

it's currently $197 on plugin boutique and with the current Black Friday 33% or so discount at Vengeance Sound it is identical.

I just wanted to post that I've recently asked this in the comments of several youtube videos for vocal expansion packs of Avenger:

"Why would anyone buy this if paying customers CANNOT use the VOCLAS in this VOCAL expansion in their commercial releases?

From your terms of use: https://www.vengeance-sound.com/terms.php

“This is not a transfer of title.
2 Under the Licence you may not and shall not, without Our express written authorization:
[…]
- commercially use any compositions, melodies, melody-loops, lyrics, and vocal-samples or parts hereof from any Vengeance Samples or Audio Plugin Libraries. All rights on melodies, musical compositions, lyrics, vocals, and melody-loops included in Vengeance Samples or Audio Plugin Libraries are owned by Us and are reserved.

I've posted this under several videos, because I had already asked about this in this very thread and nobody could answer this question, and I also emailed the Vengeance support multiple times to clear up the license confusion I haven't received a single answer in over a year.

The crazy thing is, ALL of my comments have been deleted and if I try to post them again, they are immediately deleted from the comments section. This feels like they don't want potential customers to know that they basically cannot use these vocals in their commercial releases.

At this point, I just want to raise awareness: DO NOT BUY VOCAL EXPANSION PACKS, because the license forbids you to use ANYTHING with a melody and especially lyrics in your commercial releases.

The other expansion packs should be fine I think, but as it stands, the vocal expansion packs are a waste of money if you cannot use the vocals in it imho.

As an example, take a look at this youtube video of a demo for an Avenger expansion:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtfSGI03FQ4

If you like the vocal phrase "Even when I'm dreaming" and want to use it in your own song, you cannot do that. I'm not talking about using the whole composition of course. I'm just talking about the vocal phrase.

Even if you modify it, you cannot use it, since the lyrics are also protected and cannot be used. In order to use this vocal sample, you'd have to chop it up so much that the lyrics become incomprehensible, which defeats the purpose of a vocal expansion pack imho.

SiriusVI wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:37 am I just wanted to post that I've recently asked this in the comments of several youtube videos for vocal expansion packs of Avenger:

"Why would anyone buy this if paying customers CANNOT use the VOCLAS in this VOCAL expansion in their commercial releases?

2 Under the Licence you may not and shall not, without Our express written authorization:
[…]
- commercially use any compositions, melodies, melody-loops, lyrics, and vocal-samples or parts hereof from any Vengeance Samples or Audio Plugin Libraries. All rights on melodies, musical compositions, lyrics, vocals, and melody-loops included in Vengeance Samples or Audio Plugin Libraries are owned by Us and are reserved.

I've posted this under several videos, because I had already asked about this in this very thread and nobody could answer this question, and I also emailed the Vengeance support multiple times to clear up the license confusion I haven't received a single answer in over a year.

The crazy thing is, ALL of my comments have been deleted and if I try to post them again, they are immediately deleted from the comments section. This feels like they don't want potential customers to know that they basically cannot use these vocals in their commercial releases.

At this point, I just want to raise awareness: DO NOT BUY VOCAL EXPANSION PACKS, because the license forbids you to use ANYTHING with a melody and especially lyrics in your commercial releases.

The other expansion packs should be fine I think, but as it stands, the vocal expansion packs are a waste of money if you cannot use the vocals in it imho.

As an example, take a look at this youtube video of a demo for an Avenger expansion:

If you like the vocal phrase "Even when I'm dreaming" and want to use it in your own song, you cannot do that. I'm not talking about using the whole composition of course. I'm just talking about the vocal phrase.

Even if you modify it, you cannot use it, since the lyrics are also protected and cannot be used. In order to use this vocal sample, you'd have to chop it up so much that the lyrics become incomprehensible, which defeats the purpose of a vocal expansion pack imho.
Wow this sounds shady deleting comments etc.... sadly this seems to be effective as most people dont see this.

Im also not sure why you would buy these packs.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

SiriusVI wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 9:37 am I just wanted to post that I've recently asked this in the comments of several youtube videos for vocal expansion packs of Avenger:

[…]

That's correct, and it happens with any synthesizer on the market. The 'SQ' in avenger are an example of a group of sounds, of what the synth is capable of doing, NOT for you to upload them to Spotify and take credit for something that you didn't program or play a single note and want to make money with that sequence. The same goes for vocal phrases and their examples. Buy yourself a microphone and use your precious voice to emulate a bit of what the Avenger demonstrates, and be creative with the lyrics, you can create them with A.I. for example, be creative! Paying for a sound expansion of any synthesizer does NOT give you the right to copyright it yourself. Create your own songs, Avenger is a synthesizer with incredible potential! Good luck !

Chipi wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:05 am

[…]

That's correct, and it happens with any synthesizer on the market. The 'SQ' in avenger are an example of a group of sounds, of what the synth is capable of doing, NOT for you to upload them to Spotify and take credit for something that you didn't program or play a single note and want to make money with that sequence. The same goes for vocal phrases and their examples. Buy yourself a microphone and use your precious voice to emulate a bit of what the Avenger demonstrates, and be creative with the lyrics, you can create them with A.I. for example, be creative! Paying for a sound expansion of any synthesizer does NOT give you the right to copyright it yourself. Create your own songs, Avenger is a synthesizer with incredible potential! Good luck !
Isnr your example kinda lacking? If i buy a vocal sound pack itis so far royalty free e.g. black octopus etc afaik and you can use it in your composition. Why shouldnt it be possible for avenger?
It is like buying a sample pack and not being able to use the samples.... maybe you may not use the samples (drums etc.) Feom avenger also?

Chipi wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:05 am Paying for a sound expansion of any synthesizer does NOT give you the right to copyright it yourself. Create your own songs, Avenger is a synthesizer with incredible potential! Good luck !

You are wrong. There is many sound pack with royality free like Spire

After purchasing this product, you can freely use all sounds and presets from this pack in your commercial works and projects

https://youtu.be/dppNT9kOHe4

Introducing the essential tool for every media composer: Cinematic Loops 2 is now available! Immerse yourself in a wealth of inspiring presets, centered around evolving arpeggios and sequences, fully editable and controllable through macro controls that put you in the driver's seat. This expansion also features an array of playable instruments such as pianos, strings, voices, multiloop guitars, brass, and other natural instruments. It's the complete package for crafting epic trailers, dynamic action basslines, atmospheric or emotive background music, or for infusing pure cinematic vibes into your EDM or Trance tracks. Cinematic Loops 2 makes use of all the latest Avenger 2.0 features, showcasing the creative mastery of the designer Manuel Schleis. This expansion exemplifies the impressive capabilities of the new VPS Avenger!

this expansion adds to your library:

132 Avenger presets 28 new drumkits
28 new drum sequences 191 new granular samples
45 new multisamples 4 new multiloops
12 new wavetables 136 new arpeggio patterns

hi Manuel would be cool if you could reply to this please? why are Avenger XPs not royalty free when sample packs are?

Return to “Instruments”