New xils lab synth coming...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I'm really loving the sounds I'm able to get out of PolyM.

I was able to create some amazing punchy-n-big Bass sounds. Also great strings and Pads that are full of character. This synth is very musical :phones:

The GUI does not bother me, maybe it could have been designed better, but I'm not complaining about it.

I'm very happy with what PolyM offers, and feel that it has a unique character than non of my other VST Synths offers.

Cheers,
Muziksculp
Last edited by Muziksculp on Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Muziksculp wrote:I'm very happy with what PolyM offers, and feel that it has a unique character than non of my other VST Synths offers.
This! So much this :tu:
I feel like the PolyM is encouraging me to create sounds in a way that is different from my other plug ins.
Plus, it just sounds amazing so far. Still demoing, but it's going into my account later this week.

Ok this might be an issue with me only, but here's a problem I have. I'm trying to create a somewhat quick pluck sound, and when adjusting the decay/release sliders of filter/vca, the value is hard to nail down (there's very little mouse movement needed for value to change between range of 80ms - 250ms etc). Now obviously the use of shift + click helps for this thing, but this seems to be a problem for me, as I think the default click shouldn't be "this" sensitive maybe? I had some of same problems with XILS 4 envelopes too, so it might not be because of the slider design.

So what's the verdict overall? People enjoy it despite the user interface?

SiliconDeath wrote:So what's the verdict overall? People enjoy it despite the user interface?
I love it. Just finished up my library for it. Most fun I've had programming a synth since, honestly, can't remember when.

Russell Grand wrote:
robotmonkey wrote:
wagtunes wrote:It's sad when the only thing people know of this synth was that it was used by Gary Newman on Cars.

If you've been any kind of fan of many prog rock bands, you heard of the Polymoog when Gary Newman was a nobody.
Larry Fast was one to use Polymoog extensively.
Who? :hihi:
Recently came upon a Peter Gabriel's live show on Rockplast. Polymoog is used by Larry Fast for pad and string sounds. The full show is also on YT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hswh_DlKOxY
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote:
Russell Grand wrote:
robotmonkey wrote:
wagtunes wrote:It's sad when the only thing people know of this synth was that it was used by Gary Newman on Cars.

If you've been any kind of fan of many prog rock bands, you heard of the Polymoog when Gary Newman was a nobody.
Larry Fast was one to use Polymoog extensively.
Who? :hihi:
Recently came upon a Peter Gabriel's live show on Rockplast. Polymoog is used by Larry Fast for pad and string sounds. The full show is also on YT.
Rick Wakeman also used the Polymoog.

Return to “Instruments”