Behringer Analog Synth

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Resonance bubbling sounds good, but next to 0 info in that video. Apart from that the pros find it "amazing".

and summing with this?
http://www.matrixsynth.com/2016/06/curt ... d.html?m=1

great future for low cost poly analogs?

And since it is Behringer, how long would it bubble? 8)

Hopefully you can turn the knobs. ;) I had a Behringer midi keyboard here once, and the holes on the stencil, or however it's called, weren't drilled properly, so the metal pin of the knobs were always scratching on the side of the stencil. Left a pretty horrible impression on me about the general quality of their products... additionally to the opinions i always read here. But then, the BCR2000 for example seems to be quite decent quality, so, it differs, i guess.

Anyway, Behringer already showed interest to build the hardware synth, which was meant to become what Tyrell N6 is now. So, the always seemed to have been interested in building an analog synth.

Yeah, Tyrell N6 was the first thing I thought of.

I'm not a fan of Behringer, but they do sometimes offer some great stuff, like the BCF-2000 and the BCR-2000 (I only ever owned a BCF, though).

I'm waiting for Faxi Nadu's review.

Wow... So they cloned the Juno-106? I love Richard's comment about it sounding modular. :lol:

The sad truth of the matter is that if the price is right, there's a high likelihood that I'll buy it. :oops:
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

hopefully it does not click ;)

Now the fun begins, in every possible way :D

Rumour has it this is a 106 "clone".

I'm gonna need a bigger stand :(
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

bronxsound wrote:hopefully it does not click ;)
Oh, i'm sure it will. :D

not sure who the other lot are, but richard devine would shill for Idi Amin if he was asked, and tell you a stick with dog muck at the end of it sounded great. lets not forget his ringing endorsements for akai's awful rhythm wolf, as just one example.

that being said, if it's cheap as chips and sounds decent i could go for it... i'm not averse to lo-fi and/or lo-budget, if it's got character.

Daags wrote:not sure who the other lot are, but richard devine would shill for Idi Amin if he was asked, and tell you a stick with dog muck at the end of it sounded great. lets not forget his ringing endorsements for akai's awful rhythm wolf, as just one example.

that being said, if it's cheap as chips and sounds decent i could go for it... i'm not averse to lo-fi and/or lo-budget, if it's got character.
Precisely.

I can just hear the Behringer marketing peeps: So how does it compare to your modular stuff.

*cos modular is where there hipsters are at.

RD: Yeah, yeah it sounds modular. Is that my cheque over there?
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Been digging through various rumblings on the internet about this, and it's crazy how varied all of the speculation is - from $300 to $1500, monophonic to polyphonic, competing with the Minibrute or a Juno 106 clone, cheap cash-in by a company with a horrible reputation or a huge personal investment by an experienced CEO who stands by it.

Either way, it'll be interesting to see what comes of it; nobody thought a fully-featured analog synth could be done for under $500 before the Minibrute, nobody thought the Bass Station II would sound as good as it did (remember the horrible-sounding original demo videos?), and nobody thought we'd see a great-sounding, well-built polysynth for $500 until the Minilogue this year. So this could be a big surprise.

My personal speculation: if this is a polysynth, as a lot of others are speculating, then why do all of the sounds in the video sound like a monosynth? If it's based on the Juno 106, why are none of those sounds remotely like the ones which make the 106 so loved (or, why is not a single chord played)? I don't follow Behringer products, so maybe I am giving them too much credit, but it seems like if this was a poly synth there'd be SOME indication in the reveal video.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”