Which one is your most transparent limiter?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Speaking of restraint, when or where do you stop pushing the RMS levels?

Personally I reach a limit, any further it doesn't seem any louder when played back outside of the DAW.

Nobody mentions Flux Purelimiter or Flux Elixir. Very transparent and they work perfectly in tandem.

I'm expecting an update to v4 in the near future, they are sliding down the Limiter top 10. Hopefully with new and improved algorithms.

nineofkings wrote:TbT Maximizer. A lot of latency, but seriously great, and free. Much more transparent that Loudmax and Barricade, imo, which squish the transients too much.
totally blanked on that :o Dug it out again - I forgot how wonderful this is! Wish I could get it to bridge in 64bit
..what goes around comes around..

I'm gonna be that guy and throw in a few that have not yet see mentioned. The guy over at masseyplugins, Steve, has a pretty nice limiter that is somewhat well known, but not really. The L2007. To "L2" something became a verb for a reason. McDSP's retro limiter is another good one. Just a few that I've used for years that I didn't see mentioned.
DJ brimLo

DJ | Artist | Producer

MogwaiBoy wrote:Note: A free version of AOM's Invisible Limiter existed before it went bigtime. It's 32-bit but if you can track it down, it's rather good.
Wow never knew there was a free version. I'm googling but it's nowhere to be found...yet.

I'm always using the Renoise internal limiter and it always did what I wanted it to do so far.

NerdMcBoon wrote:I'm always using the Renoise internal limiter and it always did what I wanted it to do so far.
Some folks don't want much I guess.

Return to “Effects”