Metabolism (Nerd House)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys,

This is my first track that I've produced since taking a hiatus from electronic music for a few years. I've spent the last bit of time playing drums/live music but recently decided to get back into producing. I feel like electronic music--at least mainstream stuff--has trended towards more bassline and groove inspired material, something I feel way more at home with given a background in rhythm and percussion. Anyways, this song was inspired by accidentally playing an online biochemistry lecture over a "future house" song this past spring. Inspired me build a track up around the idea. Hope you enjoy! Feedback welcome of course.

https://soundcloud.com/nicholas_deveau/metabolism

Welcome back.

This one seems to go through different phases where the character of the audio appears to change at different points throughout the track (when the lecture enters and departs, some of the synths seem to be reverbed, others not). I think it works well, giving the track a lot of sonic variation throughout. A lively sound.

Good work :)

Thanks! That's typically the way I produce--creating energy and motion in a song by changing the characteristics of particular parts/synths as opposed to varying melody. This probably comes from being a drummer, where different textures are used to mark different parts of the form.

More feedback appreciated--always trying to improve!

Return to “Music Cafe”