OPX Pro II - simply best analog emulation instrument plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

6700K cools better (well, it's 14nm process so of course it's not gonna produce as much heat as 22nm would at same clock) and in actual tests is a better overclocker from what I've managed to dig out (easy 4.5 GHz on air, some units even managed to OC nice and stable to 4.7 on air, with no stability issues - now imagine some more enthusiast cooling systems, it can easily go to 5 GHz, or perhaps even more?).

Wanted to go with the newest generation, DDR4, better M.2 support, native USB 3.1 support... Z170 is a pretty cool chipset :)

scalawag wrote:Seems nice, but how does it compare to OBXtreme?

http://www.alyjameslab.com/obxtreme.html

well windows only, 32 bit only, and 8 voices only.. I doubt it comes with the absolutely humungous (and actually GOOD) preset library OPX comes with. That has to be worth something...

12 voices makes a big difference when playing long release pads, believe me.

EvilDragon wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:It can be quite a hog though, at least on my system.
Well your system is not referential by any means, since it's an old AMD machine... OP-X Pro is extremely lightweight over here... I can easily have over a dozen instances, and the CPU gets rarely over 50%... And this is with a four years old i5-2380P...
All the tracks I produced with it were done with just an old dual core HP with 2 gigs of RAM. I have a much faster PC now, but that's what I had when I made the tracks called Stellar, Dark Matter, and The Legend.

Didn't the dev (Peter?) actually posted videos how he used OP-X on a netbook? It's got to be light on ressources then, because netbooks with an ancient Atom processor, like he used, are really, really slow.

chk071 wrote:Didn't the dev (Peter?) actually posted videos how he used OP-X on a netbook? It's got to be light on ressources then, because netbooks with an ancient Atom processor, like he used, are really, really slow.
Yep, here is one of the videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbrt2Lrx7lo

Ya! If that thing can run OP-X, any computer can. :hihi:

Yeah, but then it's a "CPU hog" on those :hihi:

i will say, even though I started the topic.. a 20 minute runtime for a demo is ok, but a long dropout every 15 seconds is just obnoxious. I am going crazy.. every time I try start playing something it cuts out. Honestly I can't remember the last time I was *this* irritated with a demo.
Also the last beta build was exactly six months ago, so just wondering if this is still being developed.

Sure the price is right and when i buy it those limitations will cease, but I simply want to test it in all scenarios in PT using the aax wrappers.. testing automation, multiple instances, midi playback, project recall, and so forth. It really is driving me nuts, can't do it anymore tonight and it's shattered my nerves.. And won't pay until I am sure it will work in my specific usage scenario.

why devs won't offer a proper demo is beyond me... maybe he thinks it will irritate people into buying it? Honestly as enthusiastic as i was and as amazing as it sounds, it's sort of pushing me the other way cause i can't test it properly. I am just not hip with the idea of devs wanting money without letting anyone test something *properly*. Rant mode off.

EvilDragon wrote:6700K cools better (well, it's 14nm process so of course it's not gonna produce as much heat as 22nm would at same clock) and in actual tests is a better overclocker from what I've managed to dig out (easy 4.5 GHz on air, some units even managed to OC nice and stable to 4.7 on air, with no stability issues - now imagine some more enthusiast cooling systems, it can easily go to 5 GHz, or perhaps even more?).

Wanted to go with the newest generation, DDR4, better M.2 support, native USB 3.1 support... Z170 is a pretty cool chipset :)
Ow yeah sure, but that will turn into quite an expensive rig. So my point was that the 4970k is an awesome upgrade. Just superfast. And it will run just fine @ 4.8 as well on air. No problem. But yeah, smaller die size, cooler and newer instruction sets make the 6xxx series certainly a good choice, when you have the money.

EvilDragon wrote:Yeah, but then it's a "CPU hog" on those :hihi:
Sure is. :D I tried to run Dune CM on my netbook once. Had to scroll to be able to operate the whole GUI... but it worked quite ok. Didn't really test it extensively though, because handling the GUI, and the DAW on such a small resolution, 1024x600, was a PITA.

I'll echo TheoM's sentiments: this demo is just savage.

acYm wrote:I'll echo TheoM's sentiments: this demo is just savage.
Try Tracktion demo :hihi: or that G Sonique noise plugin that have occasional kick sound coming trough :lol:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Zexila wrote:
acYm wrote:I'll echo TheoM's sentiments: this demo is just savage.
Try Tracktion demo :hihi: or that G Sonique noise plugin that have occasional kick sound coming trough :lol:

nah tracktion 7 demo is pleasant.. that white noise is fine..

what's wrong with tracktion 7 is that it just "poofs" (crashes), just like version 2 did all those years ago LOL, when just playing around with it's own internal features (no plugins when it happens). Most unstable software i ever used to this day. It's a shame that it's not stable really. I see midi editing is still really basic too, but hey, that's another topic.

Guilty of not trying 7, but still hear those bursts from 6 even today. :-o :lol: But yeah, off topic, carry on. :ud:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Thanks for starting this thread (he says sarcastically). I upgraded from Player to the full OpX Pro today because I love spending more money.

It really does sound so authentic....
Even I was offended by what I was going to put here.
Newest Release, retro EBM, Brute Opposition - Unity of Command, released Sept '22 bandcamp link

Return to “Instruments”