OPX Pro II - simply best analog emulation instrument plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Finally can use this due to a mac version...

Now this is interesting because I literally don't use vi's anymore...

but this has blown me away completely. This is the most oberheim authentic sounding thing I have ever heard, as well as sounding bloody good in general.

Capable of giving me goosebumps and also fooling me with eyes closed.

Surely some others must agree with me? Sorry but this really trumps both arturia oberheims for me.

well at intro price, absolute must have, simple as that. Cpu usage is actually quite reasonable with all 12 voices going, i would have expected it to be much higher for that quality.

So there you go, one synth I will break my hardware only rule for, and it doesn't even have an aax, so i'll have to use patchwork or metaplugin, but this is so worth it IMO!

10/10, no exaggeration. Not sure how I can fault it in any way. Presets wonderful, sound wonderful, easy to understand gui.. love it.

If I could get the 32 bit version to work without crashing I'd be happy. It has a teriffic sound.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Yeah played around with OPX Pro II some time ago and it sounds great. If I recall it does a good impression of some other analogues also. It needs a workaround to work in Bitwig, otherwise I'd probably pick it up at its seemingly permanent promo price.

works in logic X but i better then test the demo in patchwork and metaplugin for pro tools. As long as it works in one of those i'll be happy. Dev seems to be updating bug fixes, still in beta.. i think 32 bit version is SE and now is hand coded.

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

tested it some time ago and it's really good, expecially those filter sweeps (personal taste) and low end sounds so nice!

you'd pull off some epic arps too but didn't tweak them in Demo.. Kept crashing cubase for some reason because of limitations im guessing

wow - there's a 64bit vst2 now?! no way!

it even looks like the demo is Kore-ing well! this may just be a fair world after all.

When did it get a Mac version? So no longer synthedit?

aMUSEd wrote:When did it get a Mac version? So no longer synthedit?
It's been this way for a minute but there is some debate to the code thing. They say they somehow found a way to port it to 64 bit. It seems to be a synthedit+ plug as some kind of hybrid at this point. That's my impression but not fact. It's an enigma as it certainly shouldn't sound as good as it does. Part if it's mystery is it's so playable. That's why players like it. It's just fun to put your fingers on.

aMUSEd wrote:When did it get a Mac version? So no longer synthedit?
Sept 2015...although still claims to be in beta
http://www.sonicprojects.ch/opxpro2/macrelease.html

TheoM wrote: 10/10, no exaggeration. Not sure how I can fault it in any way. Presets wonderful, sound wonderful, easy to understand gui.. love it.
It has always been a favorite of mine, even after getting many other plugins years later. It just has a certain quality to its sound that I return to again and again.

OP X Pro 2 sounds great, no arguments here. Very impressive compared to the hardware
A well-behaved signature.

I just had a play with the demo. It's really great sounding. Tons of great presets too. I would definitely need to dig into the manual as it isn't that intuitive to me, but that is in no way the synths fault and to be fair I only spent about 14 minutes with it. The demo silences way too frequently. Can't cope anymore.

A minor annoyance.. There doesn't seem to be a way to reset the knobs to default value. Usually in many other synths you can CTRL click or Shift click a knob to reset it. I tried a bunch of potential combinations. No luck (I did not look at the manual).

Adding to wish list though...
Play it by ear

Soundwise, it's up there with the best of the softie emulations. UI-wise, it's clunky and unintuitive as heck. But a great synth no doubt.

Return to “Instruments”