Common, everyday arguing about drum machines and everything that could be considered as a DM.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lejurai wrote:"which is the best virtual drum machine"
Nerve.

There is also another, that while not all-powerful like Nerve on a technical level, has a similarly high cool factor: Tattoo.

Speaking of drum machines, I've been re-discovering Massive 1.1 lately... that thing is nuts
Last edited by acYm on Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:25 am, edited 2 times in total.

My two favorites are Stix and Heartbeat.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

acYm wrote:similarly high cool factor: Tattoo.
What?! Could you please tell me why? :D IMO it's far from great. More like clunky. But if you convince me, I may give it another chance.

Robmobius wrote:My two favorites are Stix and Heartbeat.
Could you tell me please, what makes heartbeat one of your favorites?

Bitwig drum modules! hahahaha, just kidding, they sound terrible.

Got Microtonic and loving that. Also like how low cpu it is so it's nice to use as a single drum module in a Bitwig Drum Machine pad.

Axon is a great little device for minimal fm type sounds.

Sometimes it's still nice to just load a 909 (Drumazon sounds great I think) and see how creative you can be with effects instead of the synthesis part of it.

Lejurai wrote:
Could you tell me please, what makes heartbeat one of your favorites?
Sure, I really think it sounds very good. The kicks have a lot of 'ooomph' and theirs great saturation that really beefs them up, as well as the rest of the kit. It really fun to tweak, so you can change the sound of the individual drums very easily.

It's very easy to use, but it does'nt have its own internal sequencer. That's not a problem for me as I like using midi.

But where it really shines is the saturation and softubes great quality FX (Dynamite, Tzar, etc). So this makes it a very complete package for me.

Hope it helps.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Heartbeat ftw! It's like having a 909 and 808 inside your daw.
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:Bitwig drum modules! hahahaha, just kidding, they sound terrible.

Got Microtonic and loving that. Also like how low cpu it is so it's nice to use as a single drum module in a Bitwig Drum Machine pad.

Axon is a great little device for minimal fm type sounds.

Sometimes it's still nice to just load a 909 (Drumazon sounds great I think) and see how creative you can be with effects instead of the synthesis part of it.
They do when you're bad at using them, yes.

shroom81 wrote:
Heartbeat ftw! It's like having a 909 and 808 inside your daw.
This is it mate, and you can really tweak the sound too, so you can make your own. Snare has good grit too.

Those kicks tho'! Boom... :)

The price has really dropped on Heartbeat,was it $220 when released?

It was over priced for me at that,but this new price is a lot more appealing

ere2learn wrote:The price has really dropped on Heartbeat,was it $220 when released?

It was over priced for me at that,but this new price is a lot more appealing
Yes it was not cheap at all... I got mine on audio deluxe for $160 or something like that. But $220 was over the top.

loungepanda wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:Bitwig drum modules! hahahaha, just kidding, they sound terrible.
They do when you're bad at using them, yes.
I was thinking the same but decided not to say a word :D

IF I didn't have any other drum tools, Bitwigs drum modules would get a lot of usage.

Btw Kong in Reason is awesome. Would be nice as vst too :D

The ones I use are the best and the ones you use suck. Even if they're the same, you're doing it wrong.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote:The ones I use are the best and the ones you use suck. Even if they're the same, you're doing it wrong.
:party: :lol:

zerocrossing wrote:The ones I use are the best and the ones you use suck. Even if they're the same, you're doing it wrong.
I completely agree with you :P

Return to “Instruments”