Tangle: new modular FM synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Mangle

Ok I was just responding to this:
wagtunes wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:12 am When you make a purchase you can't download the product. All he needs to do is either fix the link or pull the product. How hard can that be?
I don't really know what's going on since I have not done business with him or followed this thread closely over the years.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

wagtunes wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:03 pm 4. Numerous people have reported to me that they have purchased The Mangle and are unable to download and have actually asked me to send them my copy.
Accepting payment for a product and not delivering that product is fraud. :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:14 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:03 pm 4. Numerous people have reported to me that they have purchased The Mangle and are unable to download and have actually asked me to send them my copy.
Accepting payment for a product and not delivering that product is fraud. :?
Really!!! I would have never guessed that.

wagtunes wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:19 pm Really!!! I would have never guessed that.
Chill out dude, I was just stating a fact. This is why people have a go at you all the time, your pissy attitude. :roll:

Bodhisan wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:44 pm That is rhetoric. Where is your proof people are getting ripped off? You made a statement that you cannot back up - or that you haven't back up, yet, anyway.
I don't get why you would excuse his behavior because people can go through the hassle of getting his plugin, finding out it doesn't work (or not getting download link), and getting a refund--not directly from him, but Paypal or their credit card company. That is a ripoff of time, if nothing else. It is deplorable. It is intentional on his part, as he keeps on paying to have his site running.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Teksonik wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:27 pm
wagtunes wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:19 pm Really!!! I would have never guessed that.
Chill out dude, I was just stating a fact. This is why people have a go at you all the time, your pissy attitude. :roll:
It was sarcasm for crying out loud. Sheesh. We need a sarcasm emoji it seems.

Or maybe you just need to learn how to communicate more clearly. Your post came off as confrontational whether that was your intention or not. :shrug:

Anyway it seems like this developer is to be avoided and that fact should be made known to the community.

He earns a definite caveat emptor in my book.

Teksonik wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:52 pm Or maybe you just need to learn how to communicate more clearly. Your post came off as confrontational whether that was your intention or not. :shrug:

Anyway it seems like this developer is to be avoided and that fact should be made known to the community.

He earns a definite caveat emptor in my book.
Sarcasm does not translate over the Internet. The only way to clarify would be if I said, "This is sarcasm" at which point, what's the point?

Checked my Mangle link and it still works but you have to manually copy and paste it instead of clicking

polarsky wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:34 pm Checked my Mangle link and it still works but you have to manually copy and paste it instead of clicking
And if you bought it 5 years ago, can't find your email, and there's no user's area (which there isn't) then what do you do?

He doesn't respond to emails.

polarsky wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:34 pm Checked my Mangle link and it still works but you have to manually copy and paste it instead of clicking
i tried that - doesnt work for me

Okay, I went through my entire email history with him which started on January 9, 2015. I never got an initial email upon purchase with a link. I was directed immediately to the download area and downloaded it right after purchase.

However, on May 12, 2015, he sent an email with the updates. I just copied and pasted the link into my browser and it comes up saying "No URL found for this tracker ID" so it doesn't work for me.

Again, he doesn't respond to emails and there is no user area.

aMUSEd wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:44 pm
i tried that - doesnt work for me
Same here. I have the orig plugin from when I bought it, but somehow missed any updates as I see no other emails from him.

Return to “Instruments”