Tangle: new modular FM synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Mangle

ThomasHelzle wrote:He's always been like that, same with The Mangle.
Communication shutdown while working on the next version.
I usually didn't have problems contacting him via mail when I really needed to though.

I personally enjoy his work very much and am not in need of constant hand-holding to use the instruments.
It's a beta and not fully featured yet, so if you're uncomfortable with that, maybe wait for the fully fledged out release. It may take a bit of time but in the past he always delivered the goods.

Cheers,

Tom
aye i know, i've got The Mangle and love it
i don't need my hand held, just wish he'd stay in touch a bit more :wink:

emef wrote:
ThomasHelzle wrote:He's always been like that, same with The Mangle.
Communication shutdown while working on the next version.
I usually didn't have problems contacting him via mail when I really needed to though.

I personally enjoy his work very much and am not in need of constant hand-holding to use the instruments.
It's a beta and not fully featured yet, so if you're uncomfortable with that, maybe wait for the fully fledged out release. It may take a bit of time but in the past he always delivered the goods.

Cheers,

Tom
aye i know, i've got The Mangle and love it
i don't need my hand held, just wish he'd stay in touch a bit more :wink:

I'm pretty sure he is getting and reading every post. He said so earlier in this thread. He's just got his face buried in code and thinking very hard about his next move. It's the right thing for him to do at this moment - to step back and reevaluate things. I'm thinking he is considering minor changes to the GUI and adding and subtracting features.

What's up mates,

I've been trying to buy Tangle. I click the big green button, the e-junkie popup appears, the cart is OK but when I try to check out with Paypal or my debit card, the page says "Cart error: Validation failed".

I suppose that's an e-junkie error, but since it's this product I'm posting here, just in case the creator can do something.

I've been waiting to buy this for some time, and now I can't! :help: :hihi:

It's just so interesting for just 24€

Jorgeelalto wrote:What's up mates,

I've been trying to buy Tangle. I click the big green button, the e-junkie popup appears, the cart is OK but when I try to check out with Paypal or my debit card, the page says "Cart error: Validation failed".

I suppose that's an e-junkie error, but since it's this product I'm posting here, just in case the creator can do something.

Maybe try a different browser or disable your ad-blocker?
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote:
Jorgeelalto wrote:What's up mates,

Maybe try a different browser or disable your ad-blocker?
I use no adblocker. Firefox, not working. Opera, neither, and Vivaldi, no. The thing is that yesterday it worked perfectly in Firefox. The thing that didn't work was my bank account :hihi:

EDIT: tried buying Mangle, e-junkie says their cart is temporarily unavailable.

No idea then, I just tried, when I click on buy I get an overlay window with the shop here from germany - I didn't go further than that though.
Can you reach the main page of e-junkie: https://www.e-junkie.com/ ?

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Yes, I can enter that page.

I checked two hours ago and it worked perfectly, thanks a lot ^^

Now the thing is that I don't have enough money in my card... :hihi:

Well, you'll have another client in no time.

Jorge

I tried the demo of this and absolutely loved it - doesn't look or feel like any other synth I have tried.
I always try to support new devs by buying their work (and usually the prices are reasonable), however as I experienced quite a number of crashes, before I thought about buying, I wanted to see what their communication is like, because the last thing you want is a fatal bug/error and no ability to contact the developer. So in these cases where I am trying a new dev, I always send an email to see how they respond - the content of the email I send is not critical - I just want to see what it triggers. So on the 26th June I sent an email to the dev asking whether the paid version has any more presets than the demo. Unfortunately I got no response, which is a real shame (checked spam folder too).

This has the potential to be an awesome product, so once the dev gets all the basics in place in terms of responsiveness and I can get it stable on my system, it will be an automatic buy.

What's up whiddershins, I've just bought it - I couldn't wait more!

Waiting for the next release :3

Expect some feedback soon,

Jorge

Ah, great, demo download, FM and modular sounds good to me... Thanx a lot..

Frank
Voice, sample and factory content developer Particular-Sound / Facebook / Soundcloud

Kindred wrote:I tried the demo of this and absolutely loved it - doesn't look or feel like any other synth I have tried.
I always try to support new devs by buying their work (and usually the prices are reasonable), however as I experienced quite a number of crashes, before I thought about buying, I wanted to see what their communication is like, because the last thing you want is a fatal bug/error and no ability to contact the developer. So in these cases where I am trying a new dev, I always send an email to see how they respond - the content of the email I send is not critical - I just want to see what it triggers. So on the 26th June I sent an email to the dev asking whether the paid version has any more presets than the demo. Unfortunately I got no response, which is a real shame (checked spam folder too).

This has the potential to be an awesome product, so once the dev gets all the basics in place in terms of responsiveness and I can get it stable on my system, it will be an automatic buy.
I hate to have to say this, but don't expect to hear back from the dev. He is a self professed poor communicator. If he gets back to you, it will take weeks if not months assuming he hasn't forgotten you contacted him.

It's why, even though I have The Mangle, love it, and even made a massive library for it, I won't buy another synth from him. Shame, because modular synths are my weak spot and knowing how talented he is as a designer, I know this one is going to be assume IF he gets the bugs out. Knowing I won't hear back if I have a problem, I can't take the chance of purchasing a synth that may have problems.

Or alternatively... the dev emails back within 24 hours

Which has been my experience both with the mangle and tangle

SharksFin wrote:Or alternatively... the dev emails back within 24 hours

Then consider yourself extremely fortunate.

wagtunes wrote:

So you're never going to let that go, huh?

masterhiggins wrote:
wagtunes wrote:

So you're never going to let that go, huh?
That's (obviously) a rhetorical question wags... just so you know. :wink:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Return to “Instruments”