Tangle: new modular FM synth

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
The Mangle

Dasheesh wrote:
camsr wrote:Can Tangle use envelopes as control signals?
From an external source or internal envelopes or do you mean as in an envelope follower?
Use the included envelope generator as a mod for an oscillator?

camsr wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:
From an external source or internal envelopes or do you mean as in an envelope follower?
Like any other synthesizer. If you are asking if it can do audio rate modulation, no I don't believe it does but you can upload any user wave you want in the oscillators.

Thanks for answering my question about capability to load user waves. Is there a limitation in size?

You can load up to four single cycles and blend them. http://sound-guru.com/software/tangle/m ... oscillator

Thanks Dash!

Dasheesh wrote:
camsr wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:
Like any other synthesizer. If you are asking if it can do audio rate modulation, no I don't believe it does but you can upload any user wave you want in the oscillators.
So you are saying it cannot use the builtin envelope generator like audio control signals?

Dasheesh wrote:You can load up to four single cycles and blend them. http://sound-guru.com/software/tangle/m ... oscillator
All I see when I try to load my own waves is "disabled" :P

Lejurai wrote:
Dasheesh wrote:You can load up to four single cycles and blend them. http://sound-guru.com/software/tangle/m ... oscillator
All I see when I try to load my own waves is "disabled" :P
Works for me if I put them in
C:\ProgramData\Sound Guru\Tangle\Waveforms
on windows (don't know the path on OSX).
But the popup is getting hard to navigate manually - search works great though.

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote:
morelia wrote:Getting this error when trying to load.

The program can't start because api-ma-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer.

Using Reaper x64
Some posts above there was a link to a windows runtime that some people may need to install.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=464344&p=6482264#p6482314

Cheers,
Tom
Thanks. Tried to install the latest "visual c++ 2015 redistributable" from MS but it fails. There is a long log file created but I don't know what to make of that.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

morelia wrote:
ThomasHelzle wrote:
morelia wrote:Getting this error when trying to load.

The program can't start because api-ma-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer.

Using Reaper x64
Some posts above there was a link to a windows runtime that some people may need to install.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=464344&p=6482264#p6482314

Cheers,
Tom
Thanks. Tried to install the latest "visual c++ 2015 redistributable" from MS but it fails. There is a long log file created but I don't know what to make of that.
Can't help with that.
Probably best to write a mail to the dev (with your system specs) and see if he can get you sorted.

I assume he is wearing his developer hat and "do-not-disturb-blinds" right now, trying to fix all the initial problems that were reported and it taking a bit longer than expected (as is the norm with any kind of programming).
I'm sure he will be back with us in due time though.

Cheers,

Tom (too)
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Somewhere in this thread there was mention early on by some enterprising user about wave morphing not working. I am having difficulties automating wave morphing. I tried assigning an envelope and using an envelope follower. There was a significant latency from the envelope follower. I tried increasing the range to 0-50, 50-100, 100-100. When it goes to blend waves it stops making sound. No sound can be heard. SO I tried the same range values with aftertouch as a modulator and the same thing. It seemed to stop making sounds when the morphing took place. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or there is something wrong but I thought I would mention it. I'll keep playing with it and report back if I'm being ignorant about something.

Dasheesh wrote:Somewhere in this thread there was mention early on by some enterprising user about wave morphing not working. I am having difficulties automating wave morphing. I tried assigning an envelope and using an envelope follower. There was a significant latency from the envelope follower. I tried increasing the range to 0-50, 50-100, 100-100. When it goes to blend waves it stops making sound. No sound can be heard. SO I tried the same range values with aftertouch as a modulator and the same thing. It seemed to stop making sounds when the morphing took place. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or there is something wrong but I thought I would mention it. I'll keep playing with it and report back if I'm being ignorant about something.

O.K., O.K., O.K. I get it. It's a range of 0-1 works. :oops:

Time for another sound example? Am I the only one that has this thing working? Where is everyone else?

One single oscillator on this rainy dark morning.

https://soundcloud.com/jeremy-me/single ... n_tangle-2

Tom, are you watching this thread for bug reports? I had another crash in Studio One; I think I may have been routing the default patch osc back to itself which I guess is a no no.

Trying to audition the on-board waves with windows media player doesn't seem to work; just get a pop and nothing more.

I wonder if putting shortcuts to user wave folders will work for loading; will try it.

Edit: Shortcut to user samples doesn't show up in Tangle brower; single on-board wavs do show up, but it doesn't appear that you can do anything with them (no drag and drop to canvas).

It also would be nice to be able to drop a wav file onto the canvas/module to load it; I can barely read some of the names in the choice box and scrolling all the way down is quite the feat.

I copied a folder of user wavs to waveforms folder; the folder is visible in Tangle browser but none of the user wavs show up. Why not?

I must say some of the on-board presets are outstanding and really bring out the potential of Tangle. Any chance of making a video of building a patch from start to finish and incorporating a user wav?
Last edited by Musical Gym on Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

Dasheesh wrote:Time for another sound example? Am I the only one that has this thing working? Where is everyone else?

One single oscillator on this rainy dark morning.

https://soundcloud.com/jeremy-me/single ... n_tangle-2
file not found...

Return to “Instruments”