there is no limit
37%
Fish someone?
5%

Total votes: 267

RELATED
PRODUCTS

:help:
Last edited by version782 on Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

How many dollar are enough?

wagtunes wrote:Whenever I'd ask for a recommendation for a synth, there would always be one person with the usual "How about making music with what you have instead of just getting more synths?"

There is no correlation between the number of synths one has and their productivity.
Personally, I've found that my productivity increases as I build up my collection. :hihi: As I start to have more and more at my disposal, I get the sense that I can create more sounds, and thusly I get more ideas. For example, I've been playing with Hybrid a lot lately, and listening to a lot of Depeche Mode. When I hear a certain sound or a certain tone, I feel confident that I can come up with something similar, since Hybrid, as I've found, is great at capturing that analog warmth.(For those who don't know, Depeche Mode still uses analog(physical, not emulated) synthesizers. Pretty sure this doesn't apply to live shows, though.)

In a way, it's less about what you have access to, but more the confidence that you get with it. Obviously, this isn't the whole story, otherwise we'd all be wasting massive amounts of money, but for me it's part of it. :P
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

this is a zen koan?
in which case my answer is...
mu.

If you are just starting out here's my advice.

I would suggest sticking to Zebra2 and Diva. You could cover 100% of your bread and butter synthesis needs with just those two and still have plenty to also create exotic weird sounds too.

Sure they are both expensive purchases, but if you are starting out and want to just focus on 2 synthesizers and worry more about composing a track than learning a new plugin, then it's a good way to go.

Why Zebra2 and Diva? They both cover Analog and Digital sounds extremely well and are easily the best in their class as far as plugins go. In the long run you can save lots of money, but if messing about with new plugins is fun then buy whatever you want.

Sometimes it's fun to just see a huge list of plugins in your plugin folder and use each one when you want. :tu:
:borg:

What V0RT3X said.

It's not even just beginners. I can do pretty much everything I need to with Zebra, Diva and Bazille. There is not much need for something else for me.

Another answer I can provide...

1 more : )

Yesterday I purchased an old synth not because it did loads of modulations and endless open ended synthesis with loads of options but because it was quick and dirty at what it did, nasty oscillators and filters that would make one of the $189.00/€189+VAT developers cringe at the bad DSP practices.

But it does something they don't sonically and operationally and therefore it slots in just fine.

Synthman2000 wrote:Another answer I can provide...

1 more : )

Yesterday I purchased an old synth not because it did loads of modulations and endless open ended synthesis with loads of options but because it was quick and dirty at what it did, nasty oscillators and filters that would make one of the $189.00/€189+VAT developers cringe at the bad DSP practices.

But it does something they don't sonically and operationally and therefore it slots in just fine.
And what would this synth be?

How many synthesizer are enough?

Ha ha. I've figured it out. You used the singular 'synthesizer'. Therefore, the answer has to be ONE. Where do I collect my Prize????
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

V0RT3X wrote: I would suggest sticking to Zebra2 and Diva.
This highly depends on music genre and the preferred sound character. E.g. to someone who is into EDM, trance, dubstep or DnB, or just loves sounds with agressive character and strong presence in a mix I would recommend other synths.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:This highly depends on music genre and the preferred sound character.
True. As a film/trailer composer I'd say that Omnisphere, Zebra and Diva cover absolutely everything.

1 love when i need only 1. falcon look as it have all i need, but price is high, there is no demo, so i can not see if it work as i hope. Falcon have script ability, but currently most support kontakt even kontakt look very outdate
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Well, if i had to pick a desert island synths, it'd surely be Waldorf Largo. I think i have yet to find a sound suitable for the genres i like, which it isn't able to do. :) Surely not the typical EDM synth, but so nice soundscapes, arpeggios, leads, and bass sounds. And sounds good whatever you do.

Yeah, I have to agree with you on Largo, it's a gem. My favourite deserted island vst.
giphy.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

chk071 wrote:Well, if i had to pick a desert island synths, it'd surely be Waldorf Largo. I think i have yet to find a sound suitable for the genres i like, which it isn't able to do. :) Surely not the typical EDM synth, but so nice soundscapes, arpeggios, leads, and bass sounds. And sounds good whatever you do.
Plus really good sounding filters, the comb is one of the bests. And the GUI is one of the clearest and most intuitive. However, the idea of having many synths is based on the fact that one tool is not enough if you make a lot if music. And everybody needs change, anyway.

Return to “Instruments”