One Synth Challenge #88: TAL-NoiseMaker (Mac/PC) (z.prime wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-NoiseMaker

Deleted
Last edited by marks-a-whybikky on Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

subject36 wrote:... Using mostly the stock plugins...
You should list out which ones, specifically.

Here is my submission. I'm not thrilled with it. I'm moving in 4 days :bang: so kinda busy here, but got it done in time. Tried to keep it short.....which is hard, as I like 7 or 8 minute deals.

WARNING: It's really loud.....pounding the limiter right from the first second.

Sex Bars!!!! I couldn't think of a title and called it that because I played around a lot with metrics, some parts are 8 bars, most are 6 bars....which feels real weird at first. I got over it.

https://soundcloud.com/edgek8d/sex-bars

TAL Noisemaker -12

Logic Pro X
Channel EQ - 14
Auto Filter - 4
Distortion II - 5
Limiter - 2
Sample Delay - 1
Compressor - 4
Bitcrusher - 1
Tape Delay - 2
Delay Designer - 1
Stereo Delay - 2
Space Designer - 4
Gain - 1

3rd Party
TDR VOS Slick EQ - 3
TAL Filter 2 - 9
VladG Limiter No 6 - 1
Logic Pro X : Prophet Rev2, Blofeld, Toraiz-AS1, Model D, Minibrute, MOTU 828x, Presonus Eris E7's, dozens of pedals

jasinski wrote:https://soundcloud.com/jasinski/osc-88-noisemaker3-2

50+ instances of Noisemaker
Ableton Live
Reverb, M4L Convolution, EQ8, Saturation, Compressor, Amp (20%mix), Cabinet (15%mix), Multiband Compressor, Limiter

Thirdparty plugs
Luftikus, W1
Bit dramatic don't you think? (Sarc) :D

Very nice :tu:

Laxplanet wrote: Bit dramatic don't you think?
It's that possible?
8)

jasinski wrote:
Laxplanet wrote: Bit dramatic don't you think?
It's that possible?
8)
Yeah you say that but you never saw my ex when she was pissed off

Laxplanet wrote:... you never saw my ex when she was pissed off
You never saw my ex on a normal day...

z.prime wrote:
Lol

EDGEK8D wrote:Here is my submission. I'm not thrilled with it. I'm moving in 4 days :bang: so kinda busy here, but got it done in time. Tried to keep it short.....which is hard, as I like 7 or 8 minute deals.

WARNING: It's really loud.....pounding the limiter right from the first second.

Sex Bars!!!! I couldn't think of a title and called it that because I played around a lot with metrics, some parts are 8 bars, most are 6 bars....which feels real weird at first. I got over it.

https://soundcloud.com/edgek8d/sex-bars

TAL Noisemaker -12

Logic Pro X
Channel EQ - 14
Auto Filter - 4
Distortion II - 5
Limiter - 2
Sample Delay - 1
Compressor - 4
Bitcrusher - 1
Tape Delay - 2
Delay Designer - 1
Stereo Delay - 2
Space Designer - 4
Gain - 1

3rd Party
TDR VOS Slick EQ - 3
TAL Filter 2 - 9
VladG Limiter No 6 - 1
it's so groovy !!

Laxplanet wrote:
z.prime wrote:
Lol
My ex has never seen me normal ...

come to think of it, nobody has ..

rghvdberg wrote:
Laxplanet wrote:
z.prime wrote:
Lol
My ex has never seen me normal ...

come to think of it, nobody has ..
Oh yeah, same. She was far more rational and functional than me 99% but she does have a temper, not always directed at me I might add

apertome wrote:
rootberg wrote:
Mechanought wrote:I'm having issues with this synth in Reaper. If I have automation enabled, it causes the whole program to freeze up until I close the FX containing window. I have to tab out of Reaper first in order to get any response though. It's really odd. Not experienced a bug like this in Reaper.

I have the same problem :( First time for a bug like that also.
I had the same problem as well. I found a solution, maybe. After I recorded a track (and some automation) it created a Volume envelope but also 2 other envelopes which aren't really labelled. These seem to be related to the display -- expanding/contracting different sections maybe? Anyway I deleted these two mysterious automation tracks and things improved. I still had some problems, but I was mostly able to get around them this way.
Thanks for the tip! I had things improve if i turned on the generic Reaper gui for the plugin instead of the real one, but it was a lot harder to navigate that way of course. Will probably skip this one...

Not had any problems with Noizemaker and Reaper - mind you - I am still using 32-bit Reaper as so many of my plugins are still 32-bit. Yeah I know that bridging works well when using 64-bit Reaper - will cross that bridge (sic) when I get/build my new audio machine as this one is nearly 7 years old now!

If you are on Reaper 64-bit you can always install a 32-bit as a portable version and test this out :-) , and this will not interfere with any of your existing projects etc ...

dB

I am also running 32-bit Reaper, and had problems. I believe they didn't show up until I tried to do some automation with NoiseMaker. @dB, Have you tried any automation?

Yeah, automation does not seem to be an issue for me. Automating things like filter stuff, osc volumes, main volume, OSC tunings work as expected as does basic stuff like pitch wheel etc ... not hit a problem.

Some you win some you lose I guess, not sure what the problem is. So many of these things can be tied up with either graphics driver and/or audio driver issues.

dB

Return to “Instruments”