One Synth Challenge #88: TAL-NoiseMaker (Mac/PC) (z.prime wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TAL-NoiseMaker

Listen to the Tracks Here
Final Results here

Welcome to the 88th One Synth Challenge! It's a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

Fresh OSC Community Resources to get you started:
* Have patches? Post them and we'll put the link here!
151 Presets by Jasinski in AUpreset format

Togu Audio Line = TAL. They are awesome.

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a donator? Contact me via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

Special Note:
Ridan is offering a secondary prize (on top of the normal prize): any 1 of his soundsets. Mention the soundset you want, along with your other prize.

Anonymous: $200 (or about 178 Euro) prize to one lucky winner!

TAL (Togu Audio Line) : Any one commercial product

NUSofting : 1 Copy of Modelonia v2

KV331 Audio : Synthmaster

Dmitry Sches : Diversion

Guda Audio : Euterpe XL

Wusik : 1 bundle of Wusik 8000, Wusik Station 8, and Wusik EVE v3

Abstract Cats Music : AbiTron Bank for Synthmaster

Squaredheads : Nora Arpeggiator plugin

JRR Shop : UVI: Mello

satYatunes : One of any commercial product

stardustmedia : Professional studio mix down and mastering on one track of your choosing (See Disclaimer)

Xenos Soundworks : Choice of any 1 product

Ghostwave Audio : Any two soundsets of Choice

Twolegs Toneworks : Any one soundset

The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice

Rob Lee Music : A soundset for either: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune

Luftrum : One soundset free of choice.

Ridan: Any one soundset as a secondary prize, on top of the regular prize.
haunting soundscapes, atmospheric chords, layered pads, anamorphic guitars,
brass and woodwind-esque, rhythmic/melodic sequences, and macabre sound effects.

Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures)

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: 2 Soundsets of choice
(Uplifting Trance Presets)

Studio 13.37: Pro audio studio on a USB stick

Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect

Mulperi : 1 Soundbank of Choice

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : Enchantment Of Absynth Trilogy

Bluff Munkey - 2 soundsets of choice

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)

Want to try out your skills in other contests / competitions /challenges?
  • DiHalt Demoscene competitions
  • Indaba - Has a mix of popular and indie artists with various contests like remixing and song writing. Some people from OSC have had success here.
  • KVR Mix Challenge (see stickies) - Who can mix a song the best (Without adding extra recordings /musical additions)? Each person starts out with the same stems.
  • Music Cafe (KVR, see stickies) - A thematic monthly competition. Use recording, real instruments, synths and samples.
  • RemixComps - An aggregator for remix contests from a variety of artists and genres (mostly EDM) - indie and popular.
  • Soundevotion (SDCOMPO) Competition - Even longer running than the OSC, the SDCOMPO is even more niche in that you must use a tracker, and set of specific effects. Great community.
Last edited by bjporter on Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:10 pm, edited 16 times in total.

Another OSC with a Linux native version of the plug-in! :party: :tu: :hyper:

.... we need a penguin smiley ...

This give me a reason to test this free old classic :tu: Good choice!
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

This one I'm doing. Nice simple synth that sounds great. One of the few free synths that I've downloaded over the years that I ended up keeping.

Sweet!

A classic 2-osc VA month is sure to bring some banging' tracks! :)

Warning: if memory serves, this has some nasty DC offset or denormal noise; be warned.

Any idea how to restrict which channel the standalone Linux version receives. It seems to be stuck in omni. Otherwise I have to run the keyboards to JACK via a2jmidid, then midifilter there, then run back to the ALSA side. I suspect an annoying degree of latency ensues.

I have an idea for a Lua scriptable MIDI mangler, but doing that AND writing music of any worth isn't going to happen concurrently.

Nice old synth, I have never used before, I see interesting routing options and I like the sound of the oscillators. Now I have to find what to do with it, looks like fun again.

BTW FYI the prizes at
https://sites.google.com/site/kvrosc/osc-88-noisemaker
miss the
NUSofting : 1 Copy of Modelonia v2

$200 (or about 178 Euro) prize to one lucky winner!

Thank you anonymous donor

Vitalic uses this synth, thats all you need to know about its potential.
/blind fanboyism

z.prime wrote:Image
Yeah, well can't see anyone paying $200 smackers for:

wheee :wheee: TAL synth!!!.

I would love to enter this month, hope I can finish something before deadline.
Last month I was almost sure I wouldn't have enough time because I had midterm exams and a lot of things to study... but I managed to enter anyway :D (was a very stressfull month). so I'm considering to decide to enter every month from now on, no matter what happens (its a dangerous decision :scared: )... maybe I should reconsider that? :?, or go to sleep until I can think clearly :hihi: .

I expect great entries whit this NoiseMaker.

J.Ruegg wrote:... I'm considering to decide to enter every month from now on, no matter what happens (its a dangerous decision
Nope! A smart decision! Your tracks will do nothing but improve every month! :)

I never realized how clicky the TAL envelopes are on short percussion patches. I've done everything I can think of to get rid of them (they're intermittent) but nothing works. It's randomly on the attack. And it's really bad.

wagtunes wrote:I never realized how clicky the TAL envelopes are on short percussion patches. I've done everything I can think of to get rid of them (they're intermittent) but nothing works. It's randomly on the attack. And it's really bad.
I'm not really having that problem. If you use the graphical, though, you can just add an extra point near the start, near the top to make the attack a hair longer.

Return to “Instruments”