Is Soundcloud Just One Big Sp*mfest?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

recursive one wrote:
chk071 wrote:I love Soundcloud. I don't know any other place where you get likes for a sine wave click test. :D
Gearslutz?
Oh you two! :lol:

But sine waves, like everything on soundcloud, sound AWFUL!

Yes, this is Greta. She 'liked' a few of my electronic comps. We now speak often. She was once a man now turned female. As a youth she would assist Delia Derbyshire at BBC. She claims she actually wrote the Dr. Who theme, but I don`t believe her. She now has a business refurbishing Moog and Sequential Circuits synths in her garage. She was very helpful in sorting out some of my badly written Kontakt scripts. I've been growing fond of her, but I just can't get past the fact that she still has a penis.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

annode wrote:Image
Yes, this is Greta. She 'liked' a few of my electronic comps. We now speak often. She was once a man now turned female. As a youth she would assist Delia Derbyshire at BBC. She claims she actually wrote the Dr. Who theme, but I don`t believe her. She now has a business refurbishing Moog and Sequential Circuits synths in her garage. She was very helpful in sorting out some of my badly written Kontakt scripts. I've been growing fond of her, but I just can't get past the fact that she still has a penis.
I actually thought these '" spam posts" were showing there's a significant interest in experimental music amongst sex workers so I guess this whole thread is leaving me a little disappointed that I hadn't lucked on to a whole new audience like I thought

To answer the topic....YES!!!
It was great some years ago before it transformed into a facebooked crap.
The app and the desktop site is totally spamming crap.
It was once a great platform for independent artists...but there is no money to earn, so they transformed it into a crappy, shitty, spamming platform.
Did i already say it's crap?
I deleted all my soundcloud accounts (had a pro one too a while ago). Just a few days ago i created a new one and saw it's even worse now!
Rant over.

recursive one wrote:Once fine day she liked one of my tracks

My mind (and my reading skills) told me that it was one of these "do-you-make-this-mistake-at-soundcloud" spambots but my heart still refuses to believe
They don't make Bond girls like that anymore :dog:

thecontrolcentre wrote:
ATN69 wrote:I didn't know spambots looked like that :D ..nice :hihi:
If only ...

they really look like this:

Those bastards, look what they did to Johnny No.5!!! :x

As soon as i upload anything now i get a like within about an hour from one of these soundcloud likes but i'm so sad and needy i actually leave them. :help: :oops: :P
Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

seeing that soundcloud is so rubbish, does anyone recommend an alternative? i have found nothing yet that equals or exceeds.. but i would love to change as it is going to hell in a hand cart etc..
:)

Latest release and Socials: https://linktr.ee/ph.i.ltr3

inkwarp wrote:seeing that soundcloud is so rubbish, does anyone recommend an alternative? i have found nothing yet that equals or exceeds.. but i would love to change as it is going to hell in a hand cart etc..
:)
I think soundcloud is okay for posting stuff and the spam doesn't bother me much as I don't have any notifications switched on so I only see something when I go on my profile. I don't really have a lot of followers (170) / plays (7100) / follow (180) anyway but some of those people I really value and would not like to go somewhere else and lose them

My Orion Sound Module audio demo got 633 000 plays, which is cool, but I have to clean the comment section on a regular basis because of the spam (mostly prostitution offers). It's kind of annoying to be honest, it's not like I'm making any money off soundcloud. I'm thinking into moving all my tracks to another place. Here's my popular Orion Sound Module audio demo:

https://soundcloud.com/samplesciencemtl ... audio-demo

I love the music, but the sound quality is SHIT.

It's not you. It's soundcloud. Where dynamics, fidelity and life go to die.

I don't have any sound quality issues with Soundcloud. Maybe it's on your side? :shrug:

Anyway, recently I lost like 5 followers overnight - that could be bot / fake account clearing.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

No, it's definitely sub-128kbps mp3 quality. Not bad, but definitely not fantastic.

metamorphosis wrote:No, it's definitely sub-128kbps mp3 quality. Not bad, but definitely not fantastic.
Yes, it´s a 128kbps crap! It´s the most worst sounding streaming platform on earth. But it has the largest market for prostitution on a music platform for sure :D
Another thing is the app is such a crap too. In the beginning it was great, especially for unknown and independent artists. With soundcloud 3.0 they changed the app totally to a consumer tool and facebooked the crap out of it. No answering on comments or proper editing possible anymore (which was great in version 1).
I´m sure they make more money this way because you always make more money with such things.
Every other platform would change in such a crap if it grows.
Today it´s just good for promotion for famous artists or something like "give me a like and i give you a like liking ass thing".
Sorry for my rant but it is just sad that such a good platform transforms in such a bunch of......nah, i must stop now before i get green :cry: :x
But who cares, music in general seems to die and loses worth with all these platforms, free streaming, a few famous stars who can sell any shit to the world, software which already will create generative music by A.I. more and more.
Beside live artists, who really needs musicians today? :roll:
Welcome to the future :clap: :D :D :D

DJ Warmonger wrote:I don't have any sound quality issues with Soundcloud. Maybe it's on your side? :shrug:

Anyway, recently I lost like 5 followers overnight - that could be bot / fake account clearing.
It's kinda a half-serious running joke.

In seriousness, even when I listen to youtube, slacker, etc I never think to myself "wow, this sounds like ass" and every time I listen to soundcloud I can hear that whispyness. Drums, songs, synths, the human voice.

So yeah, maybe it's just me but I'll stop thinking about it and check something out on soundcloud and be reminded of it. So, I dunno, I just hate it.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”