Is Soundcloud Just One Big Sp*mfest?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I finally built up a decent Soundcloud account. I have 120 tracks now, all my own. Even went pro unlimited or whatever it's called. And I'm getting a number of followers and likes, but almost all appear to only come when I post something new and from accounts that look highly questionable. Some blatantly displaying that "get real listeners" logo.

So is that all Soundcloud really is now? People just trying to get followers and few, if any, actually interested in your music?

Anybody here knowledgeable about this who can confirm what I already suspect?

I don't know the detailed answer but I can confirm that every time I add something I get new followers and likes but some times I doubt that there are real people behind it. It feels more like it's some kind of automation behind it. Or it is Soundcloud way trying to make you happy maybe :D ..either way, its just silly. I just don't take too much notice to that.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

It's not something I've noticed myself ...

Once fine day she liked one of my tracks

My mind (and my reading skills) told me that it was one of these "do-you-make-this-mistake-at-soundcloud" spambots but my heart still refuses to believe
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

Confirmed its loaded with spambots,trying to sell listens & followers,soundcloud does try to shut'em down but its a massive battle

I didn't know spambots looked like that :D ..nice :hihi:
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

I think it depends on the type of music you're putting up.

If you can use tagging to really put the tracks in a box then you're likely to get better listeners and not the spam bots. I've noticed that if we put up some sort of world music fusion type piece - be it middle eastern inspired, or Chinese etc we get people who are in to that genre liking it. If we put up something which is broadly electronica that we wrote for a project then we might get less people who are interested.

ere2learn wrote:Confirmed its loaded with spambots,trying to sell listens & followers,soundcloud does try to shut'em down but its a massive battle
So they're actually automated? You mean these aren't people sitting at their keyboards typing follow all day? No wonder I just contacted one and didn't hear back.

What a pointless exercise.

Is SoundCloud the only or main site you post your music?

In case, how about posting it to youtube or other major sites as well.

After some time, then you have chance to compare feedback atr several sites, and if the problem is SoundCloud or the same everywhere

ATN69 wrote:I didn't know spambots looked like that :D ..nice :hihi:
If only ...

they really look like this:

thecontrolcentre wrote:
ATN69 wrote:I didn't know spambots looked like that :D ..nice :hihi:
If only ...

they really look like this:

Awww ..what a turnoff! :roll:

Numanoid wrote:Is SoundCloud the only or main site you post your music?

In case, how about posting it to youtube or other major sites as well.

After some time, then you have chance to compare feedback atr several sites, and if the problem is SoundCloud or the same everywhere
I have a Youtube channel and hardly anybody goes there.

I registered a SoundCloud account a little while back using one of my spam Facebook accounts so I could download a few tracks and a little while later I'd gained a follower. Even though I hadn't put up any music at all or even filled in any kind of profile. Edit: Make that 2 followers now.

I recently set up a Bandcamp page for releases. There's only one track up so far and I haven't had any kind of spam. I've never gotten the whole social networking thing so I'd rather just put my stuff out for anyone interested and not have a load of comments and followers who might only be doing it to promote their own stuff.
Last edited by sprnva on Tue May 31, 2016 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wagtunes wrote:I have a Youtube channel and hardly anybody goes there.
So problem would be spamming at SoundCloud, while no visits at youtube?

Numanoid wrote:
wagtunes wrote:I have a Youtube channel and hardly anybody goes there.
So problem would be spamming at SoundCloud, while no visits at youtube?
The problem is in general. It would be just nice to know that there are actually real people listening to my stuff, wherever it may be.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”