What are your favourite instruments, that are surprisingly low on CPU?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't use it myself, but Sylenth1 uses pretty much no CPU these days and you can use a ridiculous amount of instances on a modern CPU.

exmatproton wrote:
chk071 wrote::P

Massive is a real hog considering its age. Must've been like ultra demanding when it came out really.
:?:

I can load 60 of them without any hassle....it surely isn't a cpu intensive plugin nowadays, compared to loads of 'modern' plugins.
Are you sure you're running it in "Ultra" quality? Takes a lot of CPU here, even on a fairly modern CPU, and i don't want to know how it was when Massive came out, in 2006 or 2007.

Kinda nature of most FM-Synth but FM8 is crazy low on CPU as well as Dexed and I use both a lot

Regards
rabbit in a hole

chk071 wrote:
exmatproton wrote:
chk071 wrote::P

Massive is a real hog considering its age. Must've been like ultra demanding when it came out really.
:?:

I can load 60 of them without any hassle....it surely isn't a cpu intensive plugin nowadays, compared to loads of 'modern' plugins.
Are you sure you're running it in "Ultra" quality? Takes a lot of CPU here, even on a fairly modern CPU, and i don't want to know how it was when Massive came out, in 2006 or 2007.
Yeah, i do. Maybe it depends on the patches i usually make. Or the filters. I use a Core i7 4970K @ 4,6 GHz.

Well, that's quite a nice CPU, mine is not as powerful. But you're right of course, compared to nowadays plugins, Massive is about the same level, or lower, in terms of ressource consumption. But back in 2007 i would imagine it being THE hog. That's also what i read elsewhere.

FM8
SYLENTH1
HIVE
Albino III

These are low on cpu.

+some cool kontakt instruments

chk071 wrote:Well, that's quite a nice CPU, mine is not as powerful. But you're right of course, compared to nowadays plugins, Massive is about the same level, or lower, in terms of ressource consumption. But back in 2007 i would imagine it being THE hog. That's also what i read elsewhere.
Ow yeah sure :) True...i can remember my friends and i were comparing new pc's by the amount of massives we could load at ultra quality :D And for good reasons.

Definitely Hive. Also, RP Blue II.

I am glad to hear that Spire is now CPU-friendly. I sold it a while ago because it would often hammer my CPU and it wasn't worth the hassle to me at the time, but I may possibly pick it up again.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

30 instances of new spire running smoothly on my i7 laptop
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

cryophonik wrote:Definitely Hive. Also, RP Blue II.

I am glad to hear that Spire is now CPU-friendly. I sold it a while ago because it would often hammer my CPU and it wasn't worth the hassle to me at the time, but I may possibly pick it up again.
Yeah, Spire has become very nice to work with! Defo in my top 10 :tu:

huibjandejong wrote:Was just wondering what your favourite software instruments are, free or commercial, that are not a heavy burden on your CPU.
saurus, gladiator, electra2, nexus2, Korg Monopoly/LegacyCell/Wavestation/M1

Access Virus TI2 :hihi:
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:Access Virus TI2 :hihi:
Just wanted to say that but didn't for obvious reasons ;)

recursive one wrote:30 instances of new spire running smoothly on my i7 laptop
All playing notes at the same time?

Ofc no, but all are doing something in various parts of the track and none is frozen/bounced

Return to “Instruments”