D16 Group teases PunchBOX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PunchBOX

Oliver Schmitt wrote:
exmatproton wrote: I guess i am just not into "kick-music".
yes, seems to be like this :wink:

for almost all kinds of edm - a kick sound is the most important element.
at punchbox there are almost unlimited ways to combine the generator cells (sine / 909 / 808 / 606 & samples) with the 'click/tops & tools' cells. you get new results really fast and intuitive. we tagged all samples & presets - also a fast browsing/search experience.

and of course - expansions will be also available in the future, too.

but just "to get started" >1100 samples and 800 presets should be enough :help: :D

best,
oli / sor
Lol. I am into Bass music though. But more IDM, Dub (not dubstep) and other weird, psychedelic stuff. I have a couple of kick machines, because they came with other software (like fl studio), but never use them.
I find Drumatic4 very nice for percussion. FM, substractive and wavetable synthesise. Don't need anything else :)

But, you know, whatever fits peoples workflow is cool. So in that sense it is nice to see the market getting more specific in certain aspects.

I assume all the samples and presets aren't included in the demo? Comparing with soundcloud examples.

Anyway good stuff if you dont know how to synthesize kicks. And if you do, its a time saver of course.
I find the workflow intuitive and super easy.
Congrats!

Now give me knob reset for phoscyon (or phoscyon II) ^^
Last edited by Daru925 on Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Daru925 wrote:I assume all the samples and presets aren't included in the demo? Comparing with soundcloud examples.
yes, thats right. in the demo version just those 'click/tops/tools' samples are included that are needed for the 55 master presets of the demo version.

in the full version there are >1000 samples and >800 master presets included.

best,
oli
Last edited by Oliver Schmitt on Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drums are probably the most vital part of modern music production, and the Kick drum on of the most important elements in that. This is a great plugin, well done D16.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Hahaha... bought it this afternoon, now I receive a newsletter, where I could have saved 20€... GAS'd too fast :D
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

I´m a little bit dissapointed. The GUI is not so cool like i thought. Another Point: No Gate reverb, Stepsequencer.
I like the touch of kicks when they moved thru the Decimort 2 and a reverb.

stardustmedia wrote:Hahaha... bought it this afternoon, now I receive a newsletter, where I could have saved 20€... GAS'd too fast :D
You should have a discount token in your user area, mail them and see if you can use it on something else maybe ?
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

First- great sounding all inclusive one stop Kick shop! VERY addictive demo ;]

that said- I did notice that the 909, 606, and Sine modules all have the ability to be tuned...but seems to be missing from the 808 module?
what up?... "base" key for 808 module sounds about a 4th low (ie- hit c3 and hear g2 pitch)?

Not too interested in this thing, but, generally, i think D16 does a really good job with their intro prices, sales, or special prices or freebies you get to your account, if you're a customer. Kudos to them, that alone makes me want to purchase another product from them in the future (i own Toraverb as the only plugin right now, and their free Frontier limiter i got as a customer).

Hi,
blortblort wrote:First- great sounding all inclusive one stop Kick shop! VERY addictive demo ;]

that said- I did notice that the 909, 606, and Sine modules all have the ability to be tuned...but seems to be missing from the 808 module?
what up?... "base" key for 808 module sounds about a 4th low (ie- hit c3 and hear g2 pitch)?
You're right, 808 module is the only one you can't get the precise tuning with. We do plan to make something about it in an update (like adding additional parameter for 808 module; frequency offset).

Cheers,
Sebastian / D16
Sebastian / D16 Group Audio Software

What about showing instead of values, showing <frequency>Hz - <note> +-<cents>
And of course a snap to note function would be very helpful then ;)

Anyone bought it and got it activated? I paid, registered, downloaded, installed but it is still running in demo mode and there is no way to authorize. The user area download is the same file name and size as the demo which is weird given that the full version is supposed to have a lot more content.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

chk071 wrote:Not too interested in this thing, but, generally, i think D16 does a really good job with their intro prices, sales, or special prices or freebies you get to your account, if you're a customer. Kudos to them, that alone makes me want to purchase another product from them in the future (i own Toraverb as the only plugin right now, and their free Frontier limiter i got as a customer).
You defo should check Antresol. Awesome flanger. Just awesome!

morelia wrote:Anyone bought it and got it activated? I paid, registered, downloaded, installed but it is still running in demo mode and there is no way to authorize. The user area download is the same file name and size as the demo which is weird given that the full version is supposed to have a lot more content.
Upon first time loading (in my case the AU-version), the plugin showed a orange pop, where it asked me to activate it. Worked fine over here in Logic 10.2.3, El Cap 10.11.5

stardustmedia wrote:Upon first time loading (in my case the AU-version), the plugin showed a orange pop, where it asked me to activate it. Worked fine over here in Logic 10.2.3, El Cap 10.11.5
Not here. Installed and uninstalled several times but still the demo with no activation page. Is the download from the user area the right one for a full version install? I wondered about that because the file size is the same.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

Return to “Instruments”