D16 Group teases PunchBOX

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PunchBOX

Yes, that's correct. But I think you can also activate the demo version. Have you checked the manual? Or the webpage, to find out how that works?

Otherwise, why don't you open a support ticket in the user area meanwhile ;)
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

stardustmedia wrote:Yes, that's correct. But I think you can also activate the demo version. Have you checked the manual? Or the webpage, to find out how that works?

Otherwise, why don't you open a support ticket in the user area meanwhile ;)
Yep checked the manual. That procedure doesn't work because I don't get the authorisation popup. I've opened a ticket but their site says support is only on weekdays so I might have to wait for Monday. Checked their FAQ as well. I just can't get that activation to pop up. I got it once and selected demo. Now I want to authorise but despite how many times I've reinstalled I get no option to do so.
Intel Core i7 8700K, 16gb, Windows 10 Pro, Focusrite Scarlet 6i6

a gate is a must!
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 wrote:a gate is a must!
What would you need a gate for? In a kick synth? Where already amp envelopes are integrated?
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

morelia wrote:Yep checked the manual. That procedure doesn't work because I don't get the authorisation popup. I've opened a ticket but their site says support is only on weekdays so I might have to wait for Monday. Checked their FAQ as well. I just can't get that activation to pop up. I got it once and selected demo. Now I want to authorise but despite how many times I've reinstalled I get no option to do so.
I think you need to Ctrl+click the Options button to access the activation pop-up.

Activation confused me too and yes you need to control / command click to get it.

Really liking this though as far as I can see the demo has all the sounds of the 'full' version.

gunark wrote:Activation confused me too and yes you need to control / command click to get it.

Really liking this though as far as I can see the demo has all the sounds of the 'full' version.
The full version has a lot more sounds and samples.
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

blortblort wrote:First- great sounding all inclusive one stop Kick shop! VERY addictive demo ;]

that said- I did notice that the 909, 606, and Sine modules all have the ability to be tuned...but seems to be missing from the 808 module?
what up?... "base" key for 808 module sounds about a 4th low (ie- hit c3 and hear g2 pitch)?
I noticed the lack of a tune knob as well and it's a bummer. In the meantime you can turn the key track option to ON at the bottom of the 808 module to play the 808 at different pitches on the keyboard.

Kind of wish there had been a way to use multiple outs for the generators (bypassing the effects section) to have click, body, etc.. on different channels in the DAWs mixer for further individual processing of those generator sounds. Also kind of wish it would have been possible to layer several generators together without using multiple instances (sample generator layered with sub generator for example). You can only select and use one of these per instance. Also wish it would have been possible to hide some of the modules to reduce the GUI size (hide all the deactivated effects for example). Finally, I wish the import sample feature had been implemented for the demo to make sure it works on my system and to see if I can have separate folders with samples or if they are all dumped into one folder. Is there a limit in terms of the number of kick samples that can be imported? I have over 10,000.. This plugin is sweet though. Messed around with it for about 30 minutes last night. Really like that you can export to wav and drag the wav into the DAW. I added this plugin to my wish list.. I like it a lot.

Edit- forgot one thing. Would have also been cool to have key tracking for click, tops and tools so the pitch changed when playing notes on the keyboard. Granted I can export to wav and achieve the same result playing the wave file in sampler mode in my DAW.
Play it by ear

woodsdenis wrote:
gunark wrote:Activation confused me too and yes you need to control / command click to get it.

That's odd as the install package was exactly the same name and size?

gunark wrote:
woodsdenis wrote:

I imagine, given the size of the install, that all the samples are included in the demo, but are restricted/blocked until the license is bought

Ah good point.

gunark wrote:
woodsdenis wrote:

I think Demo = Full version. And: There isn´t much to do wrong with kickdrums.
What I didn´t like: Internet connection is needed to start the demo period.
The average bored guy

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
gunark wrote:
woodsdenis wrote:

I imagine, given the size of the install, that all the samples are included in the demo, but are restricted/blocked until the license is bought
but just "to get started" >1100 samples and 800 presets should be enough :help: :D
from the dev
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

I bought PunchBox this morning. Really enjoying it so far. Great sounds. Interesting UI. Easy and straight forward to edit imo. The demo and the full version are the same but with less presets on the demo like someone said earlier. I have Kick 1 also, and was never all that excited about it. This thing just makes more sense to me.

I'm curious if there is oversampling?

Return to “Instruments”