Reverbical, a fresh stereo reverb made its way down from the Space Labs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reverbical

Why not use the highpass in the LR section?

Sampleconstruct wrote:Why not use the highpass in the LR section?
Having them on the delay taps would allow more textures.

Some feature request: add to freeze "active" mode (additional button for example), for audio input would still active while freeze enabled.
I think this ability very interesting, but unfortunately not often presented in various reverb freezes.

c_voltage wrote:Some feature request: add to freeze "active" mode (additional button for example), for audio input would still active while freeze enabled.
I think this ability very interesting, but unfortunately not often presented in various reverb freezes.
Like the BigSky reverb guitar pedal, which has Freeze (blocks input) and Infinite Sustain (allows new input to be captured, layers on top of itself) which is kinda the same as just max'ing out the decay, because it's capable of over 60 second long reverb tails.

MogwaiBoy wrote:
c_voltage wrote:Some feature request: add to freeze "active" mode (additional button for example), for audio input would still active while freeze enabled.
Like the BigSky reverb guitar pedal, which has Freeze (blocks input) and Infinite Sustain (allows new input to be captured, layers on top of itself) which is kinda the same as just max'ing out the decay, because it's capable of over 60 second long reverb tails.
Yes, active freeze it exactly the same as tail lenght at maximum value, but infinity much more interesting than 60 sec, for ambient\sound design purposes :P Honestly to say, I'd buy it if there will such feature. (even despite 9% :lol: ) the character of the tail color seemed to me interesting nonetheless - although I'm still not sure that could not have achieved the same in other reverbs, but for just in case, maybe it's really unique.

RealtimeOnly wrote:
ATN69 wrote:1. Take Reverbical and any plucky sound, but make sure there is a phaser on the sound.
2. Automate the freeze button on Reverbical.
3. Add side chain to the whole thing.

And this is what you get :wink: ..pretty nice. The freeze will create a nice pad like sound in the background and it changes character because the sound have a phaser on it.

https://soundcloud.com/atn69/reverbical ... eze-button
Just awesome!
Is freeze retriggered during the loop or just once near the beginning?
The Freeze is retriggered like the picture is showing :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

RealtimeOnly wrote:
Chandlerhimself wrote:
RealtimeOnly wrote:
Chandlerhimself wrote:Any chance of making the ER positioning graphical instead of with the sliders? I(and I think others) would rather have something like an XY pad or something to set the ER position instead of sliders. It would be even better if there were an option the effect the dry signal panning as well.
Interesting, both features (and even the hipasses mentioned by camsr) were added in a prototype version. Certainly good ideas, but eventually it felt too much like a virtual room simulator, whereas the plugin is really algorithmic by design
Sorry to hear that, but I understand. At this point everything is finished and of course every creator is entitled to control the concept of their own creation. However in the future if you're thinking of making a new plugin, please consider making a room simulator that pans the source, adjusts the wet dry based on distance and models air absorption. There seems to be a market for it and very few options.
Actually I have something along these lines in the planning, would be interested to hear your feedback about it once I can show something
That sounds great. I can't wait to hear/try it. Although Reverbical isn't a product I need, it sounds very good and the price can't be beat. Best of luck and I'll be looking forward to your future products.

ATN69 wrote:
RealtimeOnly wrote:
Just awesome!
Is freeze retriggered during the loop or just once near the beginning?
The Freeze is retriggered like the picture is showing :)
Really inspiring. Think I'll start a tutorial section with tricks like these at some point in time..

Thats a good idea :) This freeze function is really useful since you can automate it. Another idea I didn't try is to turn on freeze and let it stay on while automating the volume instead, so you effectively choose to play the frozen part at your comand. Could be nice drops or risers. Add gating to that, etc. There are tons of stuff you can do and the inspiration is the limit :D
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

The demo silence is driving me mad, I just get into a space and it goes silent on me - far too frequent. Also can you get rid of the ribbon message at the top about 96 presets - people only need to see that once, it's in the way of the top strip.Interface could be bigger and some tooltip - had to random click on all the little icons to see what they did and I don't see why there are so many rightclick view options in the centre.

Navigating the preset menu is a bit awkward, if you select a preset from the dropdown menu and click the next icon it loads the next in the grid, not in the menu. If I'm navigating the menu it's because don't want to use the grid. The only point of the grid to me would be if you could morph between patches (I can do this in Kore 2 I know but it would be good to do it in the grid).

aMUSEd wrote:The demo silence is driving me mad, I just get into a space and it goes silent on me - far too frequent. Also can you get rid of the ribbon message at the top about 96 presets - people only need to see that once, it's in the way of the top strip.Interface could be bigger and some tooltip - had to random click on all the little icons to see what they did and I don't see why there are so many rightclick view options in the centre.

Navigating the preset menu is a bit awkward, if you select a preset from the dropdown menu and click the next icon it loads the next in the grid, not in the menu. If I'm navigating the menu it's because don't want to use the grid. The only point of the grid to me would be if you could morph between patches (I can do this in Kore 2 I know but it would be good to do it in the grid).
Agree with all that. If the silence could be every 2 or 3 minutes that would be a lot better.

Given that this is one of the few reverbs that can be successfully automated, patch morphing is an excellent idea - it almost seems that that was what the patch browser interface was designed for, but it wasn't eventually implemented?

aMUSEd wrote:The demo silence is driving me mad, I just get into a space and it goes silent on me - far too frequent.
Seems to be annoying for some people, so the next update will have a longer duration of sound..
aMUSEd wrote:Also can you get rid of the ribbon message at the top about 96 presets - people only need to see that once, it's in the way of the top strip. Interface could be bigger and some tooltip - had to random click on all the little icons to see what they did and I don't see why there are so many rightclick view options in the centre.
Just press the help icon (the ? button) and it will vanish. But I'm wondering, is there no text in the ribbon - since this is the help text ribbon that should provide you with the info what the buttons are for (and keyboard combinations), when you hover over it with the mouse?

Resizing is done via CMD/CTRL-Click on the triangle button in the lower right corner. This goes to fixed ratios, there are more options described in the manual
aMUSEd wrote:Navigating the preset menu is a bit awkward, if you select a preset from the dropdown menu and click the next icon it loads the next in the grid, not in the menu. If I'm navigating the menu it's because don't want to use the grid. The only point of the grid to me would be if you could morph between patches (I can do this in Kore 2 I know but it would be good to do it in the grid).
I get the point, but I guess this has to be some kind of compromise. Because for people that want to use the grid it would be strange that it is NOT going horizontally to the next preset, but is using the preset menu order. And having a different behaviour of the +/- buttons only in the Classic view (the one without the grid) would be confusing as well, right!?

lnikj wrote: Given that this is one of the few reverbs that can be successfully automated, patch morphing is an excellent idea - it almost seems that that was what the patch browser interface was designed for, but it wasn't eventually implemented?
Right, it was designed for that from the beginning, still there are several options for how to make it accessible in the UI, so the decision was not to throw out something half baked with the 1.0 version

RealtimeOnly wrote:
lnikj wrote: Given that this is one of the few reverbs that can be successfully automated, patch morphing is an excellent idea - it almost seems that that was what the patch browser interface was designed for, but it wasn't eventually implemented?
Right, it was designed for that from the beginning, still there are several options for how to make it accessible in the UI, so the decision was not to throw out something half baked with the 1.0 version
Great! In my mind I have an image of a 2 dimensional Blackhole style ribbon controller. I can see there are some challenges there though. I like the way that Blackhole locks the two ends of the ribbon but implementing that in 2 dimensions is more challenging and I guess that whilst it would be good to allow users to disperse the patches as they see fit it might also be good to allow some sortable remapping of them too according to selectable criteria (your classification system?).

I'm probably talking out of my ***e though and that is not what you have in mind at all

lnikj wrote:
RealtimeOnly wrote:
Great! In my mind I have an image of a 2 dimensional Blackhole style ribbon controller. I can see there are some challenges there though. I like the way that Blackhole locks the two ends of the ribbon but implementing that in 2 dimensions is more challenging and I guess that whilst it would be good to allow users to disperse the patches as they see fit it might also be good to allow some sortable remapping of them too according to selectable criteria (your classification system?).

I'm probably talking out of my ***e though and that is not what you have in mind at all
I would prefer something more multidimensional than a ribbon - more like what I can do already in Kore 2 (this morphs nicely in Kore already). My expectation was that the cursor in the grid would enable you to morph already as you can drag it around but at the moment the change between presets is discontinuous - just making it continuous and allowing for dragging around of grid presets so you can choose which ones are surrounding each other would be ideal for me.
Last edited by aMUSEd on Sun May 22, 2016 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”