Reason 9 officially announced!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Reason 9 dark theme is half-baked. The sequencer is dark, but leaving the mixer mode white is just plain dumb. The clip contrast in the sequencer in dark mode could be improved as well.
Last edited by festeringheap on Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ooooooo

Anyone have a list of workflow, sequencer, blocks and piano roll requests that have been added in reason 9? I'll have to try out the demo soon.

How is the audio to midi feature?

The burning question

Have they fixed the midi file import bug yet?

Wow, pitch editing is quick! Works very intuitive. The results sound good.

I have to explore the other features tomorrow:
- Player Devices: Scales & Chords, Note Echo and Dual Arpeggio
- 1000 new patches
- Workflow: Bounce in place, Reverse MIDI and automation, Split notes with the Razor tool
- Audio to MIDI
- New dark look

memyselfandus wrote:Anyone have a list of workflow, sequencer, blocks and piano roll requests that have been added in reason 9? I'll have to try out the demo soon.

The burning question

Reason 9:
3 Player devices
Pitch edit
Bounce in place
1000 new patches
Audio to MIDI
Notes to track for all sequencer REs (using the Players)
Reverse MIDI clips
New visual themes
Pulsar (for those that don't already have it)

your burning question...I don't see any midi import changes...:)

re:audio to midi - it bounces midi to a Subtractor lane. I had mixed results - likely due to my poor singing...

festeringheap wrote:Pulsar (for those that don't already have it)
Both Pulsar, Audiomatic, and the Softube Amp's are pre-installed, or embedded, RE's now.

festeringheap wrote:Reason 9 dark theme is half-baked. The sequencer is dark, but leaving the mixer mode white is just plain dumb. The clip contrast in the sequencer in dark mode could be improved as well.
Agree. I think they forgot to include a designer in those color discussions. The contrasts in the sequencer are terrible.

memyselfandus wrote:Anyone have a list of workflow, sequencer, blocks and piano roll requests that have been added in reason 9? I'll have to try out the demo soon.

The burning question

no, no, no and no.

Don't get me wrong, reason is still my beau, but I'm plenty pissed about it.

- Player Devices: Scales & Chords, Note Echo and Dual Arpeggio
These are nice. Not many presets. But they are easy to use. And they are even interesting for experienced musicians.

- 1000 new patches
Some nice patches. But most patches are average and uninspired. Scraped together at the last moment, I think.

kiezum wrote: - 1000 new patches
Some nice patches. But most patches are average and uninspired. Scraped together at the last moment, I think.
I dunno, I liked most of them. I'm a tad bitter about going through EVERY SINGLE ONE and informing of which ones were too loud, were not tagged correctly (run and not run or NOT run and ran) and getting no reply. Not sure if they are fixed or not but that took a lot of f**king time (after they asked to) and no response.

The only person I've beta'd for in the last 10 years that was worth a shit was a guy on here (won't mention the name) who cared when I found something wrong unlike the vast majority.

Yeah, it's a little thing but pissed me off anyways.

@theme half/baked: True, but since most people "work" in the sequencer, it's still a welcome addition.

Can't even demo 9... Site says "Your Reason trial could not be activated since you have already used your trial."

Which doesn't make sense because that was probably version 8 I demoed.

I still on 6.5.
"when you have nothing to say - shut up." -A friend of Luc Besson

gassle wrote:Can't even demo 9... Site says "Your Reason trial could not be activated since you have already used your trial."

I still on 6.5.
Contact them or if you've not applied, try "reasontalk" and see if you can get someones attention. I'm CERTAIN that that can be resolved.

incubus wrote:
gassle wrote:Can't even demo 9... Site says "Your Reason trial could not be activated since you have already used your trial."

I still on 6.5.
Contact them or if you've not applied, try "reasontalk" and see if you can get someones attention. I'm CERTAIN that that can be resolved.
Yeah thanks, already did. Probably there are others in the same situation with me.
"when you have nothing to say - shut up." -A friend of Luc Besson

- Audio to MIDI
Drag an audio file to an instrument track and the audio gets converted to midi. Not a very accurate conversion. Only midi notes, no pitchbend. It glues separate notes on the same pitch together. But it's nice feature to have.

- New dark look
Well, I don't like the dark look. Propellerhead should improve the readability of text in Reason. Words like 'Edit Mode' are hard to read. Thin small letters don't work on large monitors. I am glad Reason is not my main DAW. No way I could work long hours with Reason!

Been playing around with Reason 9 all day... I've always felt the program was a songwriters dream but this version feels more refined to me. I was one of those who thought version 6.5 was stellar, really liked 7, and thought version 8 was a bit mehh... This one gets me excited to make music in Reason the way I did when 6.5 was introduced. Easiest $129 I've handed over on music software this year. Job well done Props! :clap:
Windows 10 PC. Reason. Cubase. Waveform. Reaper. Studio One Pro. Epiphone Les Paul Pro II. Nektar Panorama t4. Yamaha RBX Bass. Faderport 2. Eris E5 Monitors. SSL2 Interface. Audient Evo 4. AKG C214. Aston Origin. MXL 990.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”