Hardware VA's vs latest and greatest software VA's

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yep I certainly agree with you there, Nord clearly saw the $$$ signs in the band market and gradually moved in that direction. I was definitely one of those who lost interest when they ditched the modular.

I'm still kind interested in the NL4 though, even just to play it in a shop sometime. I know the Nord Lead 3 was pretty universally panned after the success of the NL2 but hey they still went and designed another...
Hypnagog (Experimental Electronica) |
Terrafractyl (Psytrance) |Kinematic Records (Label)

Nord is in Sweden, where jazz was a big deal in the 90's and festivals were marked with loading in B3's and Rhodes' between every act. The Electro was a reaction to that. I wouldn't call it following the $$$ as much as fulfilling a very real need of musicians of the time.

Regarding the Virus, I think we can all agree that DIVA, Repro-1, LuSH-101, etc. far surpass it for emulating analog. The thing the Virus is good at is sounding like a Virus, which is what people from every form of electronic music wanted to sound like for its first 10-15 years of existence. If Access had come out with an accessibly-priced virtual Virus, I think it would still be as highly a sought after sound today as it was then. They've simply been priced out of the market.

Return to “Instruments”