NewSonicArts - Freestyle ...

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Freestyle

Amazing software. If development goes as it should freestyle could become one of the best modular vst hosts around.

aMUSEd wrote:Yes it's awesome - I use it all the time now for casual playing - really needs some means of recording stuff though (audio at least, if not also midi).

Well here's a sneak-peek of v1.1, with MIDI note recording and editing. Hopefully available around February, but let's see.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Wow! Can´t wait for 1.1!

Thanks - nice but I'm surprised you've gone for midi recording first and not audio - more complicated surely as you will also need to have some means to record automation or it will be of limited use?

By the way, I think it would be nice if New Sonic Arts had its own forum in KVR. Also, where is the best place to send our bug findings in betas?

This is starting to look like a modern XT 1.4 (A good thing)
Duh

I prefer to think of it as a modern Kore in the making :)

I really like freestyle however the nice graphics of the structure cant'be compatible with complicated patches! Imagine having 25 modules on this window and you will be scrolling till the carpal tunel explodes! It would be very usefull to be able to change the view and display only the plugins names in a rectangle with the connections, it would be great also to to be able organising the window the way we like instead of being forced to vertical order for the modules...

Fernando Carvalho wrote:By the way, I think it would be nice if New Sonic Arts had its own forum in KVR. Also, where is the best place to send our bug findings in betas?
It's a good idea, probably about time we did that...

As for any reports you can send them to support@newsonicarts.com
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

aMUSEd wrote:I prefer to think of it as a modern Kore in the making :)
I hope they take some inspiration from Kore and add 8 buttons to each page of 8 knobs. It's always good to have buttons available for turning things on/off and toggling settings, especially relating to the knobs on the page. I can't begin to understand the stupidity of NI releasing those ridiculous keyboards where buttons assigned to the Komplete macros get assigned to knobs. Welcome to 2016. We figured out how to make you turn a knob when you want to push a button...

Freestyle is awesome. Finally, a chainer/host that is totally visual instead of looking like a damn spreadsheet. I also love the workflow. I'm just trying to figure out how to do pitch transposition of the instruments and getting Cthulhu to output MIDI to other instruments, and this thing is perfect! Thanks New Sonic Arts.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Orbit-50 wrote:Freestyle is awesome. Finally, a chainer/host that is totally visual instead of looking like a damn spreadsheet. I also love the workflow.
Thanks, sounds like you get exactly what we are trying to do :)
Orbit-50 wrote: I'm just trying to figure out how to do pitch transposition of the instruments and getting Cthulhu to output MIDI to other instruments, and this thing is perfect! Thanks New Sonic Arts.
About Pitch transposition, *maybe* you will see that in v1.1, as per layer option on the KeySplit module. A couple people requested this by now, so we will try to squeeze this in.

For MIDI notes between VSTS, please try the Public Beta in the User Area. Its now available on both Windows and OSX.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

newsonicarts wrote:About Pitch transposition, *maybe* you will see that in v1.1, as per layer option on the KeySplit module. A couple people requested this by now, so we will try to squeeze this in.
Cool. Very important feature for a plugin such as this.
newsonicarts wrote:For MIDI notes between VSTS, please try the Public Beta in the User Area. Its now available on both Windows and OSX.
Rats! I don't have a user account to access it.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Orbit-50 wrote: Rats! I don't have a user account to access it.
You can create a user account if you want.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

newsonicarts wrote:
Orbit-50 wrote: Rats! I don't have a user account to access it.
You can create a user account if you want.
Ahhh thank you. I thought you had to have purchased a license to make an account. :oops:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”