Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Freestyle

What happened to their website?!?
"and the Word was Sound..."
https://www.youtube.com/user/InLightTone

also midi out ( tried with Microtonic and Midi Shaper ) seems not working here
Freestyle vst (x64 16 out), Reaper 5.33 x64... will test with a few more vst but
can anyone confirm this?

yellukhan wrote:also midi out ( tried with Microtonic and Midi Shaper ) seems not working here
Freestyle vst (x64 16 out), Reaper 5.33 x64... will test with a few more vst but
can anyone confirm this?
In the current public release, only MIDI notes are supported for VST MIDI out. (Controllers, pitchbend and Program Change will bein the next release, which is pretty soon). Does that explain it?
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

newsonicarts wrote:
yellukhan wrote:also midi out ( tried with Microtonic and Midi Shaper ) seems not working here
can anyone confirm this?
In the current public release, only MIDI notes are supported for VST MIDI out. (Controllers, pitchbend and Program Change will bein the next release, which is pretty soon). Does that explain it?
hmm,
in my case
Midi Shaper output is midi CC but Microtonic's output midi notes both doesn't work..
also tried with Cthulhu and Nora.. both midi arpeggiator..
if i didn't miss anything obvious, no success so far.

Hi yellukhan,

no problems here, I just added catanya to a rack I already had for to test, no problems (win 7 64bit, freestyle 64 bit latest beta).

tatanka wrote:Hi yellukhan,

no problems here, I just added catanya to a rack I already had for to test, no problems (win 7 64bit, freestyle 64 bit latest beta).
Hi tatanka,
thanks for checking but unfortunately i don't have Catanya 64bit.

Hi yellukhan,

I checked nora cm and cthulhu cm just replacing catanya with them. I must admit I am just to dumb to really use these monsters (evrytime just searching to even find the presets....) but they definitely work, if I change something on the seq output sound in my rack on that channel changes. I have not checked the vst version I must admit, but standalone 64 bit on win 64 bit definitely works here with the midi in. I have a standalone composing app as input, loopmidi and then freestyle standalone, that works.

Same with cream cm.

yellukhan wrote:hmm,
in my case
Midi Shaper output is midi CC but Microtonic's output midi notes both doesn't work..
also tried with Cthulhu and Nora.. both midi arpeggiator..
if i didn't miss anything obvious, no success so far.
Which version are you using? (You can check in the Setup -> Info page).
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Vst (16 out)
1.0.961 10 feb. 2017 64bit

here is a short video demonstration my basic setup to get midi out from Freestyle..
plus:
there is noise while switching the snapshots if host is Stop - idle position..(as in the video)
also same when the first opening microtonic in to Freestyle ...
as you can see no noise switching snapshots while Play.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9hE3 ... jY1SVZZekk
i hope it make sense.

i repeat myself just in case
any plan to add/support also "Bank Change" messages to access more than 128 snapshots via Midi?

yellukhan wrote:Vst (16 out)

here is a short video demonstration my basic setup to get midi out from Freestyle..
plus:
there is noise while switching the snapshots if host is Stop - idle position..(as in the video)

i hope it make sense.
Ok I see what you mean, you are talking about MIDI out from the Freestyle plugin back to the DAW. Off hand I am not sure if that is supported at the moment but will look into that. (I was referring to MIDI between plugins inside Freestyle, which is definitely supported).
yellukhan wrote: i repeat myself just in case
any plan to add/support also "Bank Change" messages to access more than 128 snapshots via Midi?
Maybe, but definitely cannot promise anything here at this stage.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

newsonicarts wrote:
yellukhan wrote:Vst (16 out)

plus:

i hope it make sense.
Ok I see what you mean, you are talking about MIDI out from the Freestyle plugin back to the DAW. Off hand I am not sure if that is supported at the moment but will look into that. (I was referring to MIDI between plugins inside Freestyle, which is definitely supported).
yellukhan wrote: i repeat myself just in case
Maybe, but definitely cannot promise anything here at this stage.
i believe both would be great but especially Bank Change would fantastic in my case..
Thank you!

pekbro wrote:Hi James, could we get an option to skip the 32 bit version in the installer?

Thanks...
On Windows, all our latest installers have options for 32bit and 64bit (finally!)
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Many of the Arturia VSTi's are showing as "No image". Using the latest version of Freestyle Standalone and VSTi versions. The VSTi's are working it's just that there is no thumbnail.

Regards
Kraznet
Last edited by Kraznet on Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Asus Z97-A| i7 4770K|32GB DDR3|Samsung 850 Pro 512 SSD System|Crucial 960gb SSD A/V|Crucial 960 SSD Samples|GTX 960 2GB|RME Raydat|Windows 10 x64, Philips 40" 4K
My Samplitude/Sequoia Tutorials are here :
http://www.youtube.com/kraznet

newsonicarts wrote:
pekbro wrote:Hi James, could we get an option to skip the 32 bit version in the installer?

Thanks...
On Windows, all our latest installers have options for 32bit and 64bit (finally!)
Awesome!, thanks James. :tu:

Hi, I'm trying to use the standalone version of Freestyle to process audio coming from my interface (Focusrite Scarlett 18i20).
I would like to take a single stereo channel, divide it into different frequency ranges (one for my main set of monitors, one for my subwoofer, etc...), apply some EQ adjustments, limiter, etc... and then route it to the different outputs of my interface.

On the setup tab, I can select which inputs to use, but it doesn't receive any signal no matter which input I choose.

Can I achieve this with Freestyle?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”