Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Freestyle

hmm,
i get crash every time i try.
Freestyle Vsti x64 (8 out) demo, Repaer 5 x64
just one instance Soniccharge Microtonic multi
trying to find a workaround to bypass its 16 program slot limit via just loading the presets and taking the snapshots.
everything ok
till i add ReaControlMIDI / enable Bank-Program Select and load GM program list to test if program change works.

here is the mini video demonstration, am i doing something wrong?
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9hE3 ... jBkaG5yUXM

yellukhan wrote:hmm,
trying to find a workaround to bypass its 16 program slot limit via just loading the presets and taking the snapshots.
everything ok
till i add ReaControlMIDI / enable Bank-Program Select and loading GM program list to test if program change works.
A few versions back snapshot recall was optimised so that plugins are re-used, which generally made the snap recall *much* faster. But unfortunately it seems a few plugins seem to 'not like' having their patch set while the audio is running, and can crash. I guess this is what is happening here. We are still trying to get an overview of what percentage of plugins this affects before deciding how to address this.

Have you tried with other plugins?
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

newsonicarts wrote:
yellukhan wrote:hmm,
everything ok
till i add ReaControlMIDI / enable Bank-Program Select and loading GM program list to test if program change works.
A few versions back snapshot recall was optimised so that plugins are re-used, which generally made the snap recall *much* faster. But unfortunately it seems a few plugins seem to 'not like' having their patch set while the audio is running, and can crash. I guess this is what is happening here. We are still trying to get an overview of what percentage of plugins this affects before deciding how to address this.

Have you tried with other plugins?
Hi,
Thanks for the response,
good news, just tried with one instance of Synth1, seems works beautiful!
bad news to my workaround search.. :(

EDIT:
is there is any chance to download the old version that you mention, to test if its works with microtonic?

Big feature request!

Some kind of automatic sampling in freestyle would be fantastic. Many times I create a very cpu heavy patch and I wish I could convert it easily into a loop for vice or a patch for nuance.

I was thinking in purchasing the Bliss sampler for this. It can host vsts and do automatic sampling. But doing it inside freestye would be perfect, and I really like the New Sonic Arts samplers more.

This feature would be perfect in company of container modules. Right click in the container - automatic sampling options, all without leaving freestyle.

+1 to what Fernando said.

Fernando Carvalho wrote:Big feature request!

Some kind of automatic sampling in freestyle would be fantastic. Many times I create a very cpu heavy patch and I wish I could convert it easily into a loop for vice or a patch for nuance.

I was thinking in purchasing the Bliss sampler for this. It can host vsts and do automatic sampling. But doing it inside freestye would be perfect, and I really like the New Sonic Arts samplers more.
This is definitely something we are also thinking about...
Fernando Carvalho wrote: This feature would be perfect in company of container modules. Right click in the container - automatic sampling options, all without leaving freestyle.
Exactly :D
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

newsonicarts wrote: This is definitely something we are also thinking about...
Nice!

And now a little one. Support for more audio formats, FLAC for instance :wink:

yellukhan wrote: EDIT:
is there is any chance to download the old version that you mention, to test if its works with microtonic?
Sorry I missed this.

Unfortunately no, but the next version will have the 'fast recall' as an option, disabled by default (probably, not quite decided). This should be available pretty soon, at least as a public beta. I will post on here when it is.
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Fernando Carvalho wrote:And now a little one. Support for more audio formats, FLAC for instance :wink:
We get requests for MP3 support all the time, but FLAC rarely. Curious.. do people really use that? What other apps are supporting that :?:
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

newsonicarts wrote:
Fernando Carvalho wrote:And now a little one. Support for more audio formats, FLAC for instance :wink:
We get requests for MP3 support all the time, but FLAC rarely. Curious.. do people really use that? What other apps are supporting that :?:
I have most of my digital music collection in flac format. ableton Live supports it for exemple, and Tal Sampler.

newsonicarts wrote:
yellukhan wrote: EDIT:
Sorry I missed this.

Unfortunately no, but the next version will have the 'fast recall' as an option, disabled by default (probably, not quite decided). This should be available pretty soon, at least as a public beta. I will post on here when it is.
Thank you!

newsonicarts wrote:...the next version will have the 'fast recall' as an option, disabled by default (probably, not quite decided). This should be available pretty soon, at least as a public beta. I will post on here when it is.
Freestyle 1.096 is available as a public-beta in the user area, it includes the option to disable the 'plugin recycling' during snapshot recall. Its now off by default actually.

FYI, the v1.096 changelog:

* Added CPU usage display
* Snapshots: Added option to disable MIDI Program Change, and Recycling Plugins (recycling plugins was previously always on, but could crash with VSTS which do not support setChunk while audio is running)
* PluginBrowser: new image format used for thumbnails, for much faster response when opening plugin browser with lots of plugins (see note below)
* Windows: fixed a bug where VST scanning could hang
* Channel Aftertouch was broken
* More tolerant detection of MIDI out pins (increased compatibility with SynthEdit plugins)
James Walker-Hall
www.newsonicarts.com

Hi James, could we get an option to skip the 32 bit version in the installer?

Thanks...

First: devellopment is really great and fast, bugs fixed, new functions added :D

Really love the new cpu usage display cause when I begin to put things together, and this, and this little one and then open in the daw puff....there it goes :clown:

Second: would be really interested what you folks out there doing with freestyle to maybe get some new ideas cause possibilities seems to be really endless....

Just to start: I am using it mainly to put "ready to go" instrument chains together with different midi arps, vst/instrument libraries, effects. Of course some effect chains for mastering for example too. Have some nice "band" things like guitar, bass, pad already together. I have racks in my main daw (mulab, tracktion and "kind of a rack" with the multis in studio one) but I really would love it to have it all together so that when I have a little time to make some songs I could just start, load the freestyle racks wherever I want, start a composing app and go.

Supposed workflow for this is: composing app standalone-loopmidi-freestyle for scratch and then load the midi and racks in the daw for final making of the song.

newsonicarts wrote:
newsonicarts wrote:...the next version will have the 'fast recall' as an option, disabled by default (probably, not quite decided). This should be available pretty soon, at least as a public beta. I will post on here when it is.
Freestyle 1.096 is available as a public-beta in the user area, it includes the option to disable the 'plugin recycling' during snapshot recall. Its now off by default actually.
Thank you!
it works great for program changes... so for first 128 snapshots,
this is a little extreme but need to ask,
is there is a plan to support also midi Bank (MSB or LSB) change message to access more than 128 snapshots via midi messages?

as i try to describe earlier..
in my case i am trying to bypass vst (Microtonic) program limitations
and have all my presets always ready,
to use via midi program + bank select messages... (2900 currently)

EDIT:
and a report..
Freestyle vst x64 (16 out) Reaper 5.33 x64
plugin list slide bar works with mouse wheel but doesn't work with mouse hold-drag.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”