DDLY Dynamic Delay by iZotope

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Daags wrote:
MogwaiBoy wrote:I'm not looking forward to March 11th in the Marketplace :lol:

hehe, ya. white-knights can add another was-briefly-free-but-is-now-a-commercial plugin to their list to complain about whenever someone has the nerve to sell it. Well predicted ; )
True verb! I mean... True that! :lol:

Version 1.0.1 released February 25, 2016

Improvements:

- Updated the user interface for improved contrast, readability, and accessibility.

Bug Fixes:

- Pitch control of the Grain Delay will now transpose output to expected value for Grain values of 100 milliseconds and above. (Note: Pitch parameter values in existing sessions are not affected by this fix, but the output of the plug-in may change slightly if Grain was set to 100 milliseconds or higher.)
- On Windows operating systems the uninstaller will no longer delete files from a directory in scenarios where a custom path was used during installation.

Bug Fixes:

- On Windows operating systems the uninstaller will no longer delete files from a directory in scenarios where a custom path was used during installation.
I cannot fathom how uninstaller bugs like this one are still happening. It makes installing software on the Windows OS a dangerous gamble if you like to install your software to a location that is not the installer's default.

Uninstalling this software later could unwittingly delete more files and folders than you intended. All because some rookie programmer made the mistaken assumption that the uninstaller should expect to always have free reign over the installation folder. :roll:
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Numanoid wrote: Horrible GUI, like some dusty old computer screen. That is a fun joke for a minute, but for usage makes it difficult to read the controls :help:
I had no idea that’s what it was supposed to be until I read this, and I’m old enough to have used computers that old. I didn’t know what it was. I can’t complain about free plugins, but truly a weird GUI choice.

MogwaiBoy wrote:Is there an announcement regarding this update?

I'm not looking forward to March 11th in the Marketplace :lol:
From the website: "Each license is valid for the recipient only and cannot be transferred".

matthines wrote:

From the website: "Each license is valid for the recipient only and cannot be transferred".

interesting. that's for the ddly, right ? and not vinyl ? .... if so, presumably this changes once you pay money for the license.

Hm this seems quite buggy. Weird trail-off effects once audio input stops.

metamorphosis wrote:Hm this seems quite buggy. Weird trail-off effects once audio input stops.
That sounds like the expected behavior of the granular delay under certain settings

Daags wrote:
matthines wrote:

interesting. that's for the ddly, right ? and not vinyl ? .... if so, presumably this changes once you pay money for the license.
Yes, for DDLY.

Vinyl is free, so no one should ever be selling it to anyone else ;-).

DDLY obtained for free a non-transferrable, but were someone to purchase DDLY in future, they'd have the freedom to sell on if they ever so chose.

PlugInGuru will release 25 presets in a few days.

Fleer wrote:PlugInGuru will release 25 presets in a few days.
Plugin Guru's Mega Power Pack for iZotope's DDLY! An enormous bundle of 25 handcrafted presets, each meticulously designed using actual DDLY parameters. Intro offer! DDLY is a trademark of iZotope Inc. Kids ask your parents first. :hihi:

Ugliest GUI I've ever seen from a mainstream company. I love delays, and this thing only costs an email address, but it's so ugly I'm not even going to give it one line of space in a folder.

MogwaiBoy wrote:
Fleer wrote:PlugInGuru will release 25 presets in a few days.
Plugin Guru's Mega Power Pack for iZotope's DDLY! An enormous bundle of 25 handcrafted presets, each meticulously designed using actual DDLY parameters. Intro offer! DDLY is a trademark of iZotope Inc. Kids ask your parents first. :hihi:
Oh (mogwai) Boy :party:

Last free orders tonight :D

ere2learn wrote:Last free orders tonight :D
I wonder how many people will try to sell it :dog:

Return to “Effects”