DDLY Dynamic Delay by iZotope

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

CPU is minimal from what I can see

Numanoid wrote:To save CPU the Reactive Meters can be turned off
Thanks, I'll try that :tu: But like I said, I tried on a fully loaded track. SO, it's probably really low.

V0RT3X wrote:"In DDLY, you are not able to save settings as presets within the plug-in."

This is a interesting choice.
Indeed :o

Instead of providing presets there are 6 pages in the manual of "fun settings to explore", so a user got to dial those settings in from scratch while looking at the pages.

Wow, that is like overlays for synth's in the 70's :D

OK for a freebie, but for users that later is gonna pay $50 for it, most def an inbuilt preset manager is the way to go.

Thanks a lot! Great free plugin! But I don't really understand why there is an iLok authorization option but we have to use the dongle to activate it... .-. It's stupid, as always.

Jorgeelalto wrote:Thanks a lot! Great free plugin! But I don't really understand why there is an iLok authorization option but we have to use the dongle to activate it... .-. It's stupid, as always.
No you don't have to authorize it to iLOK, you can also authorize with C/R (offline option available)

Numanoid wrote:
Jorgeelalto wrote:Thanks a lot! Great free plugin! But I don't really understand why there is an iLok authorization option but we have to use the dongle to activate it... .-. It's stupid, as always.
No you don't have to authorize it to iLOK, you can also authorize with C/R (offline option available)
Yeah I know, but I like authorizing my plugins with iLok, so I have all my licences in one place. It's a pity different plugin brands use different auth methods :P

I like the look of this. Can't help wonder if DDLY and Vinyl are lite precursors to some new set of iZotope creative effects. i.e. like Soundtoys little series.

db3 wrote:Can't help wonder if .. Vinyl are lite precursors to some new set of iZotope creative effects. i.e. like Soundtoys little series.
Vinyl got released 10-15 years ago, so if it is a precursor it sure has taken some time to get round to whatever it is precursor to :D

Don't forget the DDLY Recall sheet, that's 70's that is!

Numanoid wrote:
db3 wrote:Can't help wonder if .. Vinyl are lite precursors to some new set of iZotope creative effects. i.e. like Soundtoys little series.
Vinyl got released 10-15 years ago, so if it is a precursor it sure has taken some time to get round to whatever it is precursor to :D
:lol:

duplicate
Last edited by db3 on Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Anyone else reading DDLY as 'Deadly'? No? Just me? :D

garryknight wrote:Anyone else reading DDLY as 'Deadly'? No? Just me? :D
I totally missed that... :dog: ... (read it as 'diddly') :wink:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

dp...
Last edited by Shabdahbriah on Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

https://soundcloud.com/dakkra/i-cant-finish-a-song

Cute little plugin ^^ Sounds good on leads/pads
My Setup.
Now goes by Eurydice(Izzy) - she/her :hug:

Return to “Effects”