Roland System 500 - eurorack modules...opinions ?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

My interest over building a custom skiff of hand picked modules was really to get the two bases in classic analog sounds covered in small form factor. A few Mother 32's and the System 500 does just that for me and still could all be reconfigured in a bigger case with some of the rather unique offerings in eurorack later. Can't spend anymore for a little while, but I'm definitely interested in some of the Mutable Instruments modules or Make Noise modules.

I'll just have to figure out later if I want to keep separate systems or put in a big rack. Already having been patching Mother 32's in with some Blue Lantern stuff I have had a few years. Those Moog oscillators are quite a bit better sounding than the much older Blue Lantern oscillators, but I like using them with my polivoks and OB filters for some variety.

Only started interest in modular a few years ago and haven't decided how far I want to take the potential addiction to buying modules and building. Sure is fun though to have sound design free running by patch cables though. After so many years in the PC box with softsynths, I am really just digging the actual hands on. Been rather easy to setup my mv8800 as master sequencer and just go to town adding on hardware tracks with the sampling functions its already great at.

As a solo musician, sometimes the change in gear is necessary for me to spark some creativity. One of these days soon I'm going to pack a little portable kit up and take over to another synth enthusiasts and get a real creative kick from someone else's input. Been talking to another guy a bit lately that has some classic poly analogs and we might be able to setup some kind of sessions and record it all to mess with after, so these little Moog and Roland units should fit right in for some classic flavor.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”