SPC ArcSyn

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alectrona for ArcSyn ArcSyn Arrows for ArcSyn

BTW, having an init button is a wonderful thing; I wish more synths had one. The prev-next preset buttons should be bigger, at least the size of those buttons at the bottom (save, init, rnd, route)

Please new UI!

I don't have much hope that there will be another GUI for this because all spc plugins follow the same graphic. At least it would be cool to have some kind of color change. :hihi:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Sorry, I missed the docs online with plenty of info about the filters:
http://www.spcplugins.com/arcsyn-manual-filter-types

Also about the modulation modifiers, and pretty much everything. The filters don't seem to be linked from the main manual page, I found them accidentally by googling. If this is the case, may be worth linking them.

I'm really curious about how the dev reacts to all the suggestions he's getting. There are huge differences on how things are developed after the initial release (and daws). After being burned one too many times (diversion, glass viper, ohmstudio, all pretty much abandoned or without real non-cosmetic updates in the last 2 years) I'm only putting money down on things that look like they have a future.

urlwolf wrote:After being burned one too many times (diversion, glass viper, ohmstudio, all pretty much abandoned or without real non-cosmetic updates in the last 2 years) I'm only putting money down on things that look like they have a future.
Dmitry is still pretty active... definitely not abandoned in any case.

BDeep wrote:
urlwolf wrote:After being burned one too many times (diversion, glass viper, ohmstudio, all pretty much abandoned or without real non-cosmetic updates in the last 2 years) I'm only putting money down on things that look like they have a future.
Considering ArcSynth has just been released the dev is extremely unresponsive.

spirit wrote:
BDeep wrote:
I was reviewing the synth and encountered a couple of fairly big bugs that the testers missed (aftertouch modulation didn't work and LFO BPM sync had some problems), put them to the dev, and they have been fixed over the past couple of days. Can't say how much of his time that would have eaten up, but the latter meant a complete rewrite of a lot of LFO mode settings.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:I was reviewing the synth and encountered a couple of fairly big bugs that the testers missed (aftertouch modulation didn't work and LFO BPM sync had some problems), put them to the dev, and they have been fixed over the past couple of days. Can't say how much of his time that would have eaten up, but the latter meant a complete rewrite of a lot of LFO mode settings.
So is the new build available for download?

spirit wrote:
BDeep wrote:
I meant Dmitry Sches, in reference to Diversion in the post I quoted. I could've been more clear :)

Igro wrote:Please new UI!
How about one of these two UI designers?

http://flavoursoflime.blogspot.com/

http://www.satyatunes.com/web/index.php

:)
Last edited by Examigan on Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

thejonsolo wrote:
Sendy wrote:I was reviewing the synth and encountered a couple of fairly big bugs that the testers missed (aftertouch modulation didn't work and LFO BPM sync had some problems), put them to the dev, and they have been fixed over the past couple of days. Can't say how much of his time that would have eaten up, but the latter meant a complete rewrite of a lot of LFO mode settings.
So is the new build available for download?
As far as I know, but I haven't checked. No reason for it not to be - the fixed version is the one in my writeup/review (which should go live tomorrow).
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

For those unhappy with the color scheme: try working with electra2 (all gray), and come back to arcsyn. It feels like fresh air! :)

Electra has the most spectacular visualizations of filters, oscs, and lfos on any synth. If it wasn't for the poor contrast on fonts and the huge complexity of having 4 layers for everything, it'd be a great learning synth.

Hi again, my apologies for not responding to comments recently - I've been very busy working on version 1.2 which reworks the way the LFO sequences lock to song position and fixes a bug which prevented reception of MIDI channel pressure data. (AKA mono aftertouch) The new update will be available from tomorrow, 8th February. It will also display the correct version number in the central display, which version 1.1 didn't :-)

GUI:

The impression I've got from reading all the comments here is that the GUI could be adjusted rather than totally redone from scratch so that's the direction I'm looking to take initially. Major changes involving completely changing the layout, making it multi-page, or adding complicated preset browsers will probably have to wait - It'd probably be necessary to switch to a completely different GUI library (possibly using vector graphics) to achieve that, although I'm already actively working on exactly that option.

Thank you for the suggestions I've had for GUI designers. I'm currently looking through them and contacting them.

spirit wrote:
BDeep wrote:
I'd better not be unresponsive to a comment about me being extremely unresponsive :-) As I've explained a few comments back, I've been busy fixing bugs and reworking. ArcSyn has already moved to v1.1 and v1.2 is being released tomorrow. I've only recently started following these forums but my website has a contact form, email address, twitter, phone number and postal address - I answer messages sent directly to me ASAP and basically work 7 days a week. I don't want to make excuses (okay, I *am* making excuses!) but there's no one else here, it's just me - I don't have a PR person! Also, just after a new plug-in is released is probably the busiest time (also the most nerve-shredding).

But I've read every message on here and take everything onboard. I'm really surprised by the number of positive comments about ArcSyn's sound. More individual responses to follow.

Return to “Instruments”