ARP 2600 Clone?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ACE (Any Cable Everywhere) ARP 2600 V3 TimewARP 2600

Where can we find the best vst version of the ARP 2600?

I am sure that many here would agree with Arturia's Arp2600V. I have used it with good success.

inb4 arturia doesn't sound like a real 2600

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/arppe26 ... oltkitchen

Very old, 32 bit only, but a great emulation.

No, Arturia's synth doesn't sound like a real 2600, but, because it has the 1613, it's definitely a lot of fun. Like most of the older arturia synths, don't expect very much from the filter.

It doesn't exist.

Although I haven't tried it, this is another one that is supposed to be endorsed by Alan R. Pearlman. Maybe you can give it a try: http://sonivoxmi.com/products/details/timewarp-2600

alienmachine wrote:Although I haven't tried it, this is another one that is supposed to be endorsed by Alan R. Pearlman. Maybe you can give it a try: http://sonivoxmi.com/products/details/timewarp-2600
Timewarp and Arturia are good for what they are but neither is a 2600.

:borg:
Last edited by ontol on Sat Jul 16, 2016 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

What is interesting to me is that the question was "where can we find the best VST version of the ARP 2600?"

The question was NOT "what vst emulates an Arp 2600 exactly?"

So I read the question, and I answered it accurately...and so did several others who offered suggestions.

"It doesn't exist" or "...is no 2600" still does not answer the question as to what does it the best...not what sounds like it, what looks like, what feels like it, etc.

In other words read "what is the best possible option I have where I might need to settle and take what I can get in a VST version since I don't have the hardware and nothing out there sounds like it except the real thing and I get that and appreciate that gear snobbery is alive and well and critical choice is objective anyway...just what can I get that I can play in my pretend world and be happy with because I am not as picky as most of you?" :lol:

And don't give me the "clone" argument about the topic because we all know that clones are inferior versions of originals ANYWAY! Jango Fett would have never made half the mistakes of the some of those storm troopers. So my theory of how to properly answer the question stands.

while not an exact clone, i think the best software alternative would have to be reaktor 6 blocks. wire up great analog sounding modules with audio rate modulation all over the place. can be set up very similar to an arp2600.

thejonsolo wrote:I am sure that many here would agree with Arturia's Arp2600V. I have used it with good success.
Yes, Arturia's Arp2600V is fantastic synth. It has a very nice character but it doesn't have the 'punch' of the original. It still sounds amazing especially for those nice sequences because it has an additional sequencer (emulation of 1601) and it also has additional features not found in the original or TimewARP 2600.

I also have TimewARP 2600 which has a very strong presence and feels very analog. I don't have the real Arp 2600, but compared to some videos about the real one, I find it very near. I'm very glad that I got it in the charity for a very low price :D Unfortunately, there is no demo for it and not many videos about it.

I love both to be honest and I'm always looking for a new emulation (or maybe Korg would make a real one!).

thejonsolo wrote:What is interesting to me is that the question was "where can we find the best VST version of the ARP 2600?"

The question was NOT "what vst emulates an Arp 2600 exactly?"

So I read the question, and I answered it accurately...and so did several others who offered suggestions.

"It doesn't exist" or "...is no 2600" still does not answer the question as to what does it the best...not what sounds like it, what looks like, what feels like it, etc.

In other words read "what is the best possible option
The question was about the best version. There are no vst versions of Arp 2600, only poor mock-ups of its UI and 'sound'. Which means that they have nothing to do with an actual Arp 2600. This is just fakery. People are doing it for the $$$ bills, you know.

Several companies have tried hard to emulate the relatively simple TB303 and failed, an Arp 2600 is much, much harder to emulate.

So the question was wrong, and your answer was wrong - there is no such thing as an ARP2600 in VST format.

scintillator wrote:
Several companies have tried hard to emulate the relatively simple TB303 and failed, an Arp 2600 is much, much harder to emulate.

So the question was wrong, and your answer was wrong - there is no such thing as an ARP2600 in VST format.
:o

Please Analog gurus, leave us to our 'toys'. We are happy with the 'fake' ones :borg:

scintillator wrote: The question was about the best version. There are no vst versions of Arp 2600, only poor mock-ups of its UI and 'sound'. Which means that they have nothing to do with an actual Arp 2600. This is just fakery. People are doing it for the $$$ bills, you know.

Considering that the ARP 2600 went through several drastic revisions during its existence, which one is the "real" ARP 2600? And the others, are they "fakes"? Poor mock-ups of its "sound"? Of course, ARP wasn't doing it "for the $$$ bills, you know" :hihi:

I "loooove" these fundamentalists :scared:
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Instruments”