PRODUCTS
Elevation for Icarus Icarus3

VariKusBrainZ wrote:
Mac of BIOnighT wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Gets rated at 9 out 10 in latest CM
Well deserved :)
Everything they review gets 8/10 or higher fyi
Biotek got a 3/10. Go figure. :P

I think Corona got a 7/10 too. And MuLab a 6/10 IIRC. Not saying that that is all deserved, just saying that they don't give out 8/10 or higher only. But, of course, it's a give and take. The mag lives from audio software, and rating it low could mean a cease of their existence. Excessively spoken.

Oberheim 8000 wrote:I try ask again my question:

1. How can I draw harmonics in spectrum editor, without changeing other harmonics? Now, when I raise some harmonic, all other are fall down, sometimes much sometimes little bit. When I raise another harmonics and so on, some harmonics goes to zero. Creation wave in Icarus with harmonics is annoying. Serum have it better.

2. How to turn off phase? Phase is automatic created when I edit wave by harmonic.
Agreed,
Serum's Additive editor is far more intuitive for precision sculpting.
For those used to Additive Synthesis Icarus seems a bit hit and miss.

As you say the Phase is applied while drawing Harmonics and although there's an option to set it to 0 the result isn't quite as expected. A simple off would do fine.
The thing is Icarus has a ton of options and its possible some of them are working against the regular additive workflow that we are used to but the manual doesn't go into enough detail to point the end user in the right direction.

Not sure while the Harmonics are constantly shifting in relation to one another when adjusting just on partial?, that is strange indeed and annoying if you've spent considerable time being precise with other partials, again there's a ton of options that may be influencing that sort of behavior. Would be nice to have the Icarus additive editor behave as standard by default.

Perhaps Ingonator could shed some light on this subject? he seems to understand Icarus quite well.

Guys, sorry I am late for the 145 pages discussion.

Just bought it 2 days ago, and may I know if it possible to custom/draw a MORPH wave ?

cowby wrote:Guys, sorry I am late for the 145 pages discussion.

Just bought it 2 days ago, and may I know if it possible to custom/draw a MORPH wave ?
What do you mean with a morph wave? The wavetable editor has an editor to draw custom waveforms for each of teh waveforms in the wavetable or edit waveforms imported fro ma WAV file.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:

What do you mean with a morph wave? The wavetable editor has an editor to draw custom waveforms for each of teh waveforms in the wavetable or edit waveforms imported fro ma WAV file.

I am now with Icarus with me so I can be more specific ...

I mean the wave form that above the Morph knob which is used to blend into the wave form. It starts from None/Partial to one shot.... How can I add more ?

cowby wrote:
Ingonator wrote:

I am now with Icarus with me so I can be more specific ...

I mean the wave form that above the Morph knob which is used to blend into the wave form. It starts from None/Partial to one shot.... How can I add more ?
You can't. Those aren't wavetables (or something similar), but modulation sources/techniques.

The MORPH modes do apply different synthesis techniques including e.g. FM, phase disturtion, Sync and many others to the wavetables and teh Morph knob usually controls teh amount which could be also modulated.
Some of the MORPH modes like FM, phase distortion and Sync got modes that use different waveforms like e.g. Saw, Square etc.
Icarus coud not do e.g. Fm or Sync between the 3 main oscillators but uses an additional oscillator for this with the waveforms mentioned in the name of teh Morph mode. This way all of the 3 main Oscs could use one of the those additional fixed Oscs which mean that when using FM for all 3 main OScs more or less you are using 6 Oscs.
The FM in Icarus works similar to that in Nemesis so this is real FM, not phase modulation.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Thanks all for the answer and reply.

This is my first synth that do MORPH stuff. I demo'ed Predator 2 and each OSC can have up to 2 wavs. And each of them can be drawable as user wav and they can be morphed. That's why I asked if Icarus can offer similar feature.

cowby wrote:Thanks all for the answer and reply.

This is my first synth that do MORPH stuff. I demo'ed Predator 2 and each OSC can have up to 2 wavs. And each of them can be drawable as user wav and they can be morphed. That's why I asked if Icarus can offer similar feature.
The Morph modes are different from teh wavetables. The wavetables in Icarus coud have up to 256 waveforms that could be scanned trough using the "Wave" knob which could be modulated by e.g. an envelope or LFO.

Icarus also has a powerful wavetable editor where you could load single waveforms from WAV files or draw your own waveforms either with an additive like editor or with free drawing.

You could also modulate the "Morph" knob for the Morph modes and if you modulate both the wavetable and the Morph knob this is what is called "3D wavetable " by Tone2.

In the "Tool" menu at the Oscs there is a is a feature called "Apply Morph to Wavetable". This allows rendering the combination of the current wavetable and the current setting of the morph knob (and the coresponding Morph mode) to a new wavetavbe taht you could save as a file then.
This will use current setting of the Morph mode like e.g. FM or Sync for all waveforms in the wavetable. With the new wavetable you could do teh same with another Morph mode to get another new wavetable etc.
Most of the Morph modes are also available in the wavetable editor so those could be also applied there, either to a single waveform, multiple waveform or the whole wavetable.

Overall icarus offers tons of features that are sometimes not that obvious at a first look.
Ingo Weidner

I bought this for myself for Christmas, and I have to say I’m loving it. Really nice character and a good balance of usability and functionality.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Yeah it’s great right? It has really become my favorite and most used synth. It just sounds gorgeous and I find it easy to come up with great sounding patches. So much is possible with this synth!

zerocrossing wrote:I bought this for myself for Christmas, and I have to say I’m loving it. Really nice character and a good balance of usability and functionality.
Agreed. Don't forget to try the recently added resynthesis feature. I think it's great.

Still my go to synth. A bit quirky here and there, but such a nice tool to work with. And i love the new additions in the latest iteration (fm osc to other osc's; awesome!).

exmatproton wrote:Still my go to synth. A bit quirky here and there, but such a nice tool to work with. And i love the new additions in the latest iteration (fm osc to other osc's; awesome!).
Soarer wrote:Yeah it’s great right? It has really become my favorite and most used synth. It just sounds gorgeous and I find it easy to come up with great sounding patches. So much is possible with this synth!
Yeah, I have to admit that I’ve not had enough time with it yet to really dig deep, but using the included wavetables and the morph functions have been keeping me busy.The filters also sound great. The UI is a bit dull looking, but clear. A step up from older Tone2 synths that are visually distracting in odd ways. The only thing I’m finding quirky so far is the effects section, but it’s not a big deal.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Return to “Instruments”