Tone2 will release Icarus - 3D WaveTable Synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Elevation for Icarus Icarus3

Facebook:

Some of you have asked why it has been so quiet... During the last years we've been secretly working on Tone2 Icarus. It will be our masterpiece and the most powerful wavetable synthesizer on the market.
More details will be revealed soon.
12485885_1176788472338822_3041905089374979945_o.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Synth Anatomy
http://www.synthanatomy.com
Sound Design and Software / IOS Synthesizer Videochannel

More powerful than UVI Falcon (which has wavetable + a lot more!) and XFer Serum? - in that case I await the release with interest!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Will it sound like a Virus? :oops:

I'm definitely interested, cant wait to demo it or at least hear some sound clips.

I like the sound of Electra2 but its' tweakability has some strange restrictions, like one FX per layer, restricted control over unison, etc., hopefully this one will be better in this regard
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

It will be hard to beat Serum, looking forward to what Tone2 will come up with :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Isn't their stuff always the bestestest, judging from their copy? :roll:

fluffy_little_something wrote:Isn't their stuff always the bestestest, judging from their copy? :roll:
If you're just going to troll this thread because you don't like Tone 2 stuff how about just for once not? Okay?

It is not about liking. It is not the first time they use the superlative for their plugins, they do it with every one of them, yet they rarely deliver. That is not to say their stuff is not good, but it is never the best/most powerful/any other superlative.

fluffy_little_something wrote:It is not about liking. It is not the first time they use the superlative for their plugins, they do it with every one of them, yet they rarely deliver. That is not to say their stuff is not good, but it is never the best/most powerful/any other superlative.
Except that's all just a matter of opinion. And they're not the only company that hypes their products, or do I really have to show you all the glitzy sales copy all over the Internet?

Well, if many opinions coincide, they become the standard ;)

Funny name for their new synth, do they know about Icarus' fate? 8)

The GUI seems to look pleasant, though.

But no one else has a website stating that it is the "home of the best VST Plugins & AU Instruments" (however I would rather call it the home of the worst synth audio demos).

Still, while "best" is totally subjective, their plugins are not bad at all
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

fluffy_little_something wrote:It is not about liking. It is not the first time they use the superlative for their plugins, they do it with every one of them, yet they rarely deliver. That is not to say their stuff is not good, but it is never the best/most powerful/any other superlative.
They do us that marketing speil alright. But so do Melda and loads of others. Personally I ignore all that and just check out the plug.

On delivery that's a personal thing I guess. For me they delivered on Gladiator, Nemesis and Saurus. For some reason I couldn't get into Electra 2.

But I'm looking forward to this none the less. Will it beat Serum? I'm sure it will have more features and a decent work flow too. But for me Serum is my favorite Wave table Synth and it sounds fantastic.

Lets see how Icarus stacks up.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Guys, let's talk about the synthie itself instead of arguing about marketing slogans which mean a shit. Every synthesizer plugin in your folder is being marketed with silly slogans, buzzwords, and promises which don't stand up to themselves. Every single TV ad tells you that if you use the product advertised, you will feel like a king, and it's of the highest premium quality imaginable. So come on, a bit of realism please. If they advertised it in a way that you could give it a try, because it isn't that bad, it would hardly sell. Marketing is a major factor to catch people, and i wouldn't be surprised if it had the same major influence on the people complaining about the same kind of thing.

On topic, it looks cool really. Nice GUI. Hopefully it's real wavetable synthesis like the Waldorf synths do, and not the kind of morphing present in synths like Electra2, but i guess they wouldn't market it as a wavetable synth, if it wouldn't do that.

what's a 3d wavetable ? or is OP just referring to the cgi rendering ?

Maybe it has a spectrum control like Nave. Looks like it on the screenshot. Also looks like you can import your own wavetables, as there seems to be a "MyWavetable" button. It also looked like they refrained from the typical "Tone2 weirdness" a bit, and offer a rather "classic" feature set, i don't see much "special" functionality on the GUI, which is a big plus for me, because i find it hard to get into Electra2 e.g., because there's so many things which it does differently, hence it becomes a bit cumbersome to operate it.

What i also hope is that they implement good wavetables. The waves in Electra2 are a bit lame IMO, really could be better.
Last edited by chk071 on Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I'm assuming a 3D wavetable means an array in which one can smoothly sweep in three directions. Zebra can already do this, since you have an arbitrary wavetable, plus two spectral FX to continuously morph, creating a conceptual cube with thousands of waveforms at each point in it's area, each waveform differing by it's neighbours only very slightly. But I'm interested in Tone2's take. I really enjoyed Rayblaster, Nemesis and a few others of theirs. Just ignore the marketing copy!
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Return to “Instruments”