Modelonia 2.0 demo crashes Digital Performer - Reply: (but.....)

Official support for: nusofting.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just downloaded the Modelonia 2.0 (Mac, AU) plugin. After installing, I immediately ran my DAW, MOTU Digital Performer 9.01. DP always tests new plugins in various way before loading them. During this testing process, DP crashed quite spectacularly. I then relaunched DP and tried manually enabling Modelonia, which caused pretty much the same crash.

So, Modelonia appears to be severely incompatible with MOTU Digital Performer 9, which is a major professional-level DAW. I guess you don't even bother testing your products with DP? Too bad... there are a lot of customers out there.

Thought you should know about this. I don't have any more time to waste being an ALPHA tester for your demos...

Sorry to hear that you had crashes with the Modelonia AU in Digital Performer. Unfortunately, we didn't get many OS X users testing Modelonia during the extensive beta period. Perhaps if you could send Liqih a crash log (or PM me here with a copy of the crash log), we could get to the bottom of this.

At $499, no I don't personally have a copy of DP I can test with. Modelonia was tested with MainStage, GarageBand, Ableton Live, Reaper, Tracktion, Plogue Bidule and Numerology.

FYI, Modelonia also works in MuLab under OSX.
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Michael L wrote:FYI, Modelonia also works in MuLab under OSX.
Thanks for letting us know.

Also, I've just tested both the VST and AU demo version in the 30-day trial of Digital Performer 9.01 and it works fine. So I'd really need a crash log or some kind of reproducible test case. I'd be surprised if the OS version made a difference, but it might be useful to know that too.

jduesenb wrote: So, Modelonia appears to be severely incompatible with MOTU Digital Performer 9, which is a major professional-level DAW. I guess you don't even bother testing your products with DP? Too bad... there are a lot of customers out there.

Hi jduesenb,

thanks for reporting your unfortunate experience on Mac OS X with DP and Modelonia. We do care for DP too and we had the beta working fine on DP on Windows 7, but we are small company with limited budget and none of our betatesters has DP 9 on Mac OS X (your version?).
Anyway as you can read about above, we immediately tested the Modelonia demo on the trial of Digital Performer 9.01 running on OS X but no crash is happening in our Macs (that's why I added (but...) to the subject).

So to fix what was your crash we need more info.
All I can do right now is to offer a full license of Modleonia 2.0 to one user who has DP 9 on Mac OS X and time to play with it.

Return to “NUSofting”