Tranquil Blue skin for SynthMaster - updated for version 2.8

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

GOOD NEWS - Tranquil Blue has been updated to be compatible with version 2.8. :party:

The skin has been sent out to all users as of 1:15 PM US EST. The attachment is approximately 8.5MB. Please check your spam folder in case it doesn't show up in your inbox. Contact support[at]satyatunes.com if there are any issues.

Website update is in progress.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

Hi Satya. I received your email & installed new skin... but it looks the same as the old one. None of the new features are present. Is there possibly a step I'm missing after following the instructions?
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Saukar30 wrote:Hi Satya. I received your email & installed new skin... but it looks the same as the old one. None of the new features are present. Is there possibly a step I'm missing after following the instructions?
Hi,
That's strange. Did you delete the previous folder entirely before copying the new 1.2 version?
Website | Portfolio

It worked fine here (Mac OS X 10.11.5). Some fonts don't get antialiased, but I think that this is a synthmaster problem

The preset browser is not nice. But, overall, MUCH better than the default skin. Thank you!

Can u be specific what can be improved in preset page. I will see if I can do something about it. Font aliasing is a serious problem though.
Website | Portfolio

satYatunes wrote:Can u be specific what can be improved in preset page. I will see if I can do something about it. Font aliasing is a serious problem though.
just the font aliasing, but I don't think that it's your fault! :)

A version with darker backgrounds behind the envelopes and whatnot might convince me to buy..
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

satYatunes wrote:Can u be specific what can be improved in preset page. I will see if I can do something about it. Font aliasing is a serious problem though.

I too don't love the preset page, the font though is only part of the problem for me....I think the contrast between selected and non selected presets should be reversed. As is it is for me it is hard to read.
thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:

I too don't love the preset page, the font though is only part of the problem for me....I think the contrast between selected and non selected presets should be reversed. As is it is for me it is hard to read.
thanks
rsp
Agreed. Would be nice if there was a way to change the internal fonts in Synthmaster to be smoother/easier to read.
Nobody, Ever wrote:I have enough plugins.

OMG that browser page looks yuck. Looks like the font is not available in Mac hence being replaced by Arial (my guess). Still Arial is not a bad font. It's pretty good rather. Anyway, are you guys adventurous enough to change the font yourself. I can provide some guidance. Here we go:

- First of all, take a back up of the interface.xml file that's available in the sT-Tranquil Blue folder
- Open the xml file in some editor and search for "browser-list" - without the quotes
- The first one should be line #342, which defines the style for the Browser and Preset page list. It should be something like this:

Code: Select all

<Style name="browser-list" fontFamily="Century Gothic" fontStyle="Regular" fontSize="10" textMargin="0" style="16384" transparent="true" gradientGammaCorrection="false" textRenderingHint="ClearTypeGridFit" foreColor="0B142CFF" textAlign="Left" topLeftRadius="0" topRightRadius="0" bottomLeftRadius="0" bottomRightRadius="0" />
Play around with the following and find the one that works best for you:
fontFamily = change the font
fontStyle = valid values are Regular, Bold
fontSize = Size of the font
foreColor = color of the font
Website | Portfolio

I think I did download and install the correct font from an earlier version of this skin's instructions. Cause I do have Century Gothic installed, but still...

rsp
sound sculptist

Satya... thanks for the tip. I deleted the old folders & installed the new one & everything works.

What I did previously was just copy the new files into the old folder... so for some reason that didn't work.

Thanks for keeping this skin updated!!!
Last edited by Saukar30 on Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

zvenx wrote:I think I did download and install the correct font from an earlier version of this skin's instructions. Cause I do have Century Gothic installed, but still...
rsp
Ok, try font style = Bold, it should make it better.
Website | Portfolio

Saukar30 wrote:Satya... thanks for the tip. I deleted the old folders & installed the new one & everything works.

What I did previously was just copy the new files into the old folder... so for some reason that didn't work.

Thanks for keeping this akin updated!!!
I am glad that it worked for you. Enjoy!
Website | Portfolio

I'm struggling with aliased fonts on OSX as well.
The jagged font problem seems not to be related to Tranquil Blue. The default SM GUI displays text in the same way.
I installed both Century Gothic regular and bold but the text stays jagged.
I did find the following related message in my console when I opened SynthMaster in NI Maschine 2:
15/07/16 15:45:04,346 Maschine 2[1196]: CoreText performance note: Client called CTFontCreateWithName() using name "Century Gothic" and got font with PostScript name "CenturyGothic". For best performance, only use PostScript names when calling this API.

No idea if it is something I can fix myself...

Matthieu

Return to “Instruments”