RealiDrums Released! A New Concept in Drum Libraries

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RealiDrums

Hi Mike,

I found myself on your sales page looking for a female vocal library. Much to my amazement, I ended up purchasing RealiDrums, putting off the vocal library until later. I find this product to be amazing in that it fills a very critical missing role in my arsenal. My main DAW is SONAR Platinum, and I have been trying to effectively use AD2 as my go-to drums. However, every time I sit down to construct something, looking up how to do something in the docs ends up killing the vibe, and often I am left frustrated that nothing really got accomplished after a substantial investment of time. I have a very large selection of MIDI drum loops, and I am very much in agreement that selecting among them and dragging them into SONAR to "construct" the feel I am looking for is both laborious and mood killing. I can tell, just by looking at the video, that RealiDrums is going to solve a majority of my problems in constructing drum tracks.

I have read the entirety of this thread and I want to join the bandwagon of people who would like to see the "performance" features, especially with the provisions for loop import, and beginning-to-end drum track creation. I'm currently working in the Symphonic Metal genre, and I don't really even think about drums until I have the rhythm, melody, and lead tracks worked out. Generally, I find that adding the drums later in the process can enhance the way the drum track interacts with the others. So, in a perfect world, I would envision being able to "perform" a "live" drum track in real time with the sequencer. When satisfied, being able to just drop the created track into SONAR would be a hell of a time saver.

Anyway, just my $.02. When my coffers are restocked in the upcoming months, I'll be back to your site to pick up Blue, and possibly the Ladies. What amazes me most about all of this is that I didn't know about Realitones until just tonight. A wonderful discovery!

John

Thank you, John! We did add a “Performance” MIDI Drag&Drop option, and you can also assign keyboard controllers to the knobs, so capturing performances should be doable now. However, as you play with it, you may have ideas for improvements. I always want to hear suggestions, so if there is some aspect lacking, please do post either here or the other RealiDrums thread.

Since you mention Blue, a massive update for her will be coming in the next few months, too. ;)

Great news that you're working on a Blue update. She's one of my favorites.
I'll be trying out the new Realidrums after I get my new room set up. Looking forward to that.

Blue update? that would be interesting!

Hi Mike,

This is a bit off topic, but since you bring up enhancing blue. I was looking at the Blue manual and I also watched the Blue YouTube walk through. The one real deficiency I think I see in the Wordbuilder is its lack of vowels that allow the formation of words that begin with phonemes "I" and "U" for the long vowels. For example, I don't see a way to produce phrases as simple as "I love you". Maybe I'm missing the correct vowel sequence, but it seems that the long vowel "I" and "U" phonemes would be VERY important, because they are so common and are "words" when spoken (or sung) singularly. Also, looking at "love" in the example above, I think I see how one might produce something that sounds like the short vowel "u" phoneme for the "o" in "love" (something like "L"- "Uh"-"V", but I'd have to hear it to see how convincing it would be. So, given that you are updating Blue, I think that looking at being more inclusive in the long- and short-vowel English phonemes would greatly improve the voice considerably.

John

mosspa wrote:This is a bit off topic, but since you bring up enhancing blue. . . . The one real deficiency I think I see in the Wordbuilder is its lack of vowels that allow the formation of words that begin with phonemes "I" and "U" for the long vowels.
It's tricky, but we made a video on how to get the "long I" sound. (I've linked it below.) Long-U is one of the vowels already included, though, so "I love you" is doable.

But with that said, there are indeed some vowels (and a couple consonants) that are missing. Well . . . "missing" if your intention is to sing English lyrics. ;)

You see, believe it or not, English lyrics were never the original intention of Blue. (In fact, I show a line in the video that she can't properly pronounce, because I don't want to fool anyone into thinking she can.) We only did the six vowel sounds for Latin or enigmatic vocal lines, since I assumed the primary market for Blue would be film composers. To do full English would take about double the number of samples and I didn't want to go there.

It turns out, of course, that a lot of people want Blue to sing their English lyrics, so I decided to work on that. We've already done all the recordings of all the vowels (short-i, short-a, long-I, etc.), and it's mostly edited, but . . . the coding is a monster. It's going to take me another few months. It's incredibly time consuming, but my hope is to have it out by the end of the year.

Mike Greene wrote:You see, believe it or not, English lyrics were never the original intention of Blue. (In fact, I show a line in the video that she can't properly pronounce, because I don't want to fool anyone into thinking she can.) We only did the six vowel sounds for Latin or enigmatic vocal lines, since I assumed the primary market for Blue would be film composers. To do full English would take about double the number of samples and I didn't want to go there.
Whoa. That's a complete surprise, though it also makes a lot of sense if you had film composers in mind. At least with drums the market is a lot more likely to end up what you planned for.

i bow to thy greatness Mike Green........

best drum software / library I have used in a while.

Instant drums !!

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”