RealiDrums Released! A New Concept in Drum Libraries

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS
RealiDrums

I like your email Mike! "Give her what she really wants for Christmas" indeed. I wonder how many on this forum have given their significant other a virtual instrument for Christmas?

bigcat1969 wrote:I like your email Mike! "Give her what she really wants for Christmas" indeed. I wonder how many on this forum have given their significant other a virtual instrument for Christmas?
Plus one! Especially when you tell her that the threesome that she always wished for is included. ;-)

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

Mike Greene wrote: The whole idea of making "performances" never really occurred to me. In hindsight, of course, I guess that's what the introductory two minutes of the video does, so I can see why people might get that impression. But my intent there was to just show how quickly you can choose/tweak sounds and how easy it is to radically change the beats.
From a business standpoint, there are other products that have these bases covered. You're throwing Realidrums into a very crowded market. if you focus on a tool for performances, you've got something unique and different from anything else out there (that still sounds good enough to do what the others do too), and something that a lot of people have been craving.

Regarding your comment that it can be done today with automation - the problem is that it doesn't output the midi in real-time, which means my outputted MIDI will be different from what is being performed, meaning I cannot go in and make micro-edits if necessary. For example, if I automate the complexity of the hats to increase linearly over time for the 2-bar groove, when I export the MIDI, I'm not going to get the "performance" of the dynamically increasing complexity. I'm only going to get a MIDI groove with the final position of the complexity slider in the outputted MIDI (if that makes sense).

Of course, if I play it back in Realidrums, i'll get the automation properly. But I may not want to do that with the final result. I might want to do micro-edits for accents, moving the midi to another virtual instrument such as a sine generator for the kick, etc...

bigcat1969 wrote:I like your email Mike! "Give her what she really wants for Christmas" indeed. I wonder how many on this forum have given their significant other a virtual instrument for Christmas?
Do plugs count?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

Spitfire31 wrote:
bigcat1969 wrote:Especially when you tell her that the threesome that she always wished for is included. ;-)
Be warned, though - the threesome she's always wished for may have a slightly different configuration than the threesome you've always wished for. :D

This looks like a great product, but have there been any updates to the initial release addressing some of the comments/requests?

Twrogstudio wrote:This looks like a great product, but have there been any updates to the initial release addressing some of the comments/requests?
We're still working on it. I thought it would be finished a month ago, but we've been adding more features, plus things got pretty crazy here with other things, which put RealiDrums on the back burner.

The update is definitely happening (I'm working on it right now) and is definitely cool. Waaayyy more loops, user assignable keyswitches and drum layouts, assignable outputs, slicker fills implementation, etc. I'm trying really hard right now to get it out within a couple weeks.

Mike Greene wrote:
Twrogstudio wrote:This looks like a great product, but have there been any updates to the initial release addressing some of the comments/requests?
We're still working on it. I thought it would be finished a month ago, but we've been adding more features, plus things got pretty crazy here with other things, which put RealiDrums on the back burner.

The update is definitely happening (I'm working on it right now) and is definitely cool. Waaayyy more loops, user assignable keyswitches and drum layouts, assignable outputs, slicker fills implementation, etc. I'm trying really hard right now to get it out within a couple weeks.
:hyper:

/Joachim

Mike Greene wrote:

Great! Thanks Mike :party: .

Ooo thats sounds like it'll be well worth the wait!

It usually is… ;-)

/Joachim

Sounds great, looking forward to it in a couple weeks Realitone time!

Will the current price still be in place when the update drops?

Musical Gym wrote:Sounds great, looking forward to it in a couple weeks Realitone time!
Yes, in other words, mid-summer. :D

Twrogstudio wrote:Will the current price still be in place when the update drops?
Definitely. I don't want anyone to feel rushed to buy based on promises. The $199 price will be in effect for at least a couple weeks after the update is released. Heck, even if you miss the announcement and wind up being late, just send me an email and I'll give you a coupon for the $199 price.

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”