New Infeceted Mushroom Plugin - "I Wish"

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wow $100 plugin without a demo :dog:

is there a refund policy if the buyer finds it uses too much cpu on their system or crashes alot? ;)

On sale @ JRR for $50 until July 9th if anyone is feeling froggy. :hihi:

nordickvr wrote:"...license key. Copy and paste it into the plugin when it loads."
to doublecheck, this doesn't involve any C/R or having to fetch new keys from a server, right?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

Oh I've seen thus plugin around. Never tried it though, but it did pique my curiosity at the time.

I find it interesting they have this, but another plugin done by Waves?!? I wonder if Waves will update I Wish and release it as another Signature plugin as well???

So I bought it because I'm a sucker for buffer stuff. It's pretty negligible CPU wise and does its one trick quite well. It's quite a bit like DestroyFX buffer override with control over the pitch of the captured buffer and more surgical. Worth half price to make that trick extremely easy, and fun to screw around with drums at the low end of audio rate buffers. They are a bit dumb for not having a demo. I'm sure it's cost them tons of sales. I don't know or care what infected mushroom is about so I wouldn't buy anything based off their name, and their ridiculous ad hype about "being the only thing that does this" is just stupid. This was possible in the earliest versions of reaktor.

What it does is take a neat buffer effect, that is pretty versatile in its uses, and makes it far simpler to achieve than any other method I've seen from reaktor, to buffer override, to lucifer, to stutter edit. They should add a few post buffer effects in there to make it a bit more appealing in my opinion, but it does what it does with no muss or fuss and sounds good doing it. So .... Yeah.

JJ
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

IM surprised this hasn't been posted yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82N3iOVoR54
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

That is just depressing. Just sounds like really bad auto tuning.

The plugin can do way more interesting things than make vocals sound bad.

Ah_Dziz wrote:That is just depressing. Just sounds like really bad auto tuning.
Its meant to sound like that and be an effect.

Psytrance doesn't usually have vocals and if it does they have heavily processed.
Last edited by Mushy Mushy on Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ah_Dziz wrote:The plugin can do way more interesting things than make vocals sound bad.
Yes I know.
I was simply pointing out the origin of the name.

Ah_Dziz wrote:I was two seconds from grabbing this, but then I bought Softube Modular, and every Orange tree samples library I didn't already have. I have found a way to do everything I've heard from this with Stutter Edit. They need to change their marketing Blurb since this exact effect was available in Lucifer like a bazillion years ago, and also in Reaktor since the core module programming was introduced. I still might grab it at some point since it does one thing and does it well from what I hear. It will have to be very light on the CPU though. I'll wait til the next time it goes on sale.
I'd be interested to know how you managed to achieve this with SE. I tried doing this with SE just this evening and it didn't work, because SE can't be triggered without those pesky global quantization settings. IW will hold whatever audio exists in the buffer at the exact moment it's fed MIDI, but SE will retrigger seemingly based on how its grid settings relate to its buffer (even if the actual buffer module is disabled).
So if you found a way around that, could you tell me the exact gesture settings you used?

I can make a preset when I have a second.

Return to “Effects”