Waves 'An error has occurred while performing installation'

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EnGee wrote:Do you guys have third party antivirus or firewall? I think there is something going wrong during the installation.

Waves plugins even worked in my PC after a major update for windows 10 yesterday! I was surprised that I didn't need to do anything. They just work! While KLC synths needed reactivations!
Firstly if you are using the 360 Total Security free anti-virus software then get rid of it ASAP. I used it for several months and it caused me so much grief with VSTs. It thought that 90% of .exe plugin installers, even from well reputable companies, were viruses - it said that Audio Damage's FuzzPlus3 installer was a Trojan. It would go on wild, random sprees of quaranteening files all over my computer, especially plugins. When it finally claimed Skype was malware, i'd had enough.

Went back to Avira and have had no problems.
Last edited by MogwaiBoy on Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Never had any issues with the F-secure Internet secure and music software plugins.

Andy Gone wrote:Did not try this myself, but does WLC (the old center) allow you to move licenses to the cloud?

Having said that, you should be able to achieve the same effect with Waves Central WITHOUT installing any plugin updates.

simon.a.billington wrote:
Andy Gone wrote:Having said that, you should be able to achieve the same effect with Waves Central WITHOUT installing any plugin updates.
I think so. Normally you can just install Waves Central (because WLC insists on that) and then manage licenses with Waves Central. I did not experience Waves Central trying to start plugin installation by itself.

Also, one can use Waves Central regardless of current WUP status of plugins one owns.
Win10 Cubase Pro 9.5

Just bought a Waves plugin from a forum user in the marketplace and run into the the same problem. It installs and activates but is not discoverable in the DAW. PITA!

Update: Just followed the steps I took on page 3 to successfully add another new Waves plugin to my list. Give it a shot if you're having trouble getting them to appear in your DAW's new plugin scan :tu:

Made an account since this is the first result on google about this issue.

After going through this whole thread, trying through all solutions but nothing worked to fix the persistent error message, I did this:

Remove everything, uninstall, delete, run CCleaner, reboot computer. (Running Win10 64bit).

Go to Waves.com - Downloads - Legacy Versions - Version 9.3. Download the 1.3gb install file.

Disconnect internet. Run 9.3 installer as admin.

Now all my plugins work again.

Thanks for the info' and welcome to kvr. :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Instruments”