UVI Falcon - hybrid instrument - version 3.01 released - rumors, ads, praise, mud wrestling and off-topic inside!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

otristan wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote:
UmFuFu wrote: Is there anyway to modify the script so that it either ignores a new note on the same channel, or even better if it steals the playing notes?
This would be great. I also wish I could play monophonic legato patches with the MPE script, since although it would be mono, the note glide and pressure/timbre functions would still be really useful. Currently, any overlapping note just doesn't play in mono legato patches using the MPE script.
This is something that would better suited in the device itself imho
Not sure what you mean. I use the on screen grid keyboard in Bitwig. I can't make it trigger Falcon mono legato patches in an MPE fashion with the timbre and note glide.

UmFuFu wrote:Thanks, but the issue doesn't really occur when I'm just playing back a MIDI sequence front-to-back. That works pretty well (as long as I've made sure there are no overlapping notes on the same channel). The issue tends to arrive when I'm working on a song (other parts even) and I'm jumping back and forth in time. Inevitably I'll land on a MIDI note that makes the script crash. That's why I was suggesting some kind of voice stealing so that it doesn't break the script if it receives two notes on the same MIDI channel at the same time.

That all make sense?
Thanks!
The reuse of an already used channel should work AFAIK so it's probably another corner case.

If this happens again, open the console of the script processor and copy/paste the error message.
So I will see which line is failing, this might help me troubleshot this.

Thx
Last edited by otristan on Wed May 04, 2016 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

otristan wrote:
UmFuFu wrote: Is there anyway to modify the script so that it either ignores a new note on the same channel, or even better if it steals the playing notes?
This would be great. I also wish I could play monophonic legato patches with the MPE script, since although it would be mono, the note glide and pressure/timbre functions would still be really useful. Currently, any overlapping note just doesn't play in mono legato patches using the MPE script.
Not sure what you mean. I use the on screen grid keyboard in Bitwig. I can't make it trigger Falcon mono legato patches in an MPE fashion with the timbre and note glide.
This is not what I'm saying, but technically an MPE device could simulate a mono legato easily as they have access to a very big pitch bend range similar to what's happens when you use the ribbon on the seaboard except you do it by hand.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

otristan wrote:
otristan wrote:
This is not what I'm saying, but technically an MPE device could simulate a mono legato easily as they have access to a very big pitch bend range similar to what's happens when you use the ribbon on the seaboard except you do it by hand.
This is physically impossible. You can't play any kind of normal lead phrases with a single finger continuously held down. You can't slide from one note to another with anything close to the speed of jut pressing another note with a different finger, overlapping the first. And even if you could, you would lose the velocity input of all subsequent notes. It's like telling someone to play a guitar solo with a single string and single finger.

And FYI, the 1.1.2 windows downloader gives an invalid url error on the download page.
Last edited by Echoes in the Attic on Wed May 04, 2016 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: This is physically impossible. You can't play any kind of normal lead phrases with a single finger continuously held down. You can't slide from one note to another with anything close to the speed of jut pressing another note with a different finger, overlapping the first. And even if you could, you would lose the velocity input of all subsequent notes. It's like telling someone to play a guitar solo with a single string and single finger.
Not what I'm saying.
I'm just saying that an MPE device could do the same thing Falcon does.
My example was not a practical usage but to show that technically an MPE device can send the right information to the instrument.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

Echoes in the Attic wrote: And FYI, the 1.1.2 windows downloader gives an invalid url error on the download page.
You mean the link to download the installer ?
Just tried and it works fine here.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

otristan wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote: This is physically impossible. You can't play any kind of normal lead phrases with a single finger continuously held down. You can't slide from one note to another with anything close to the speed of jut pressing another note with a different finger, overlapping the first. And even if you could, you would lose the velocity input of all subsequent notes. It's like telling someone to play a guitar solo with a single string and single finger.
Not what I'm saying.
I'm just saying that an MPE device could do the same thing Falcon does.
My example was not a practical usage but to show that technically an MPE device can send the right information to the instrument.
Ok. But I'm saying that the MPE device I use can not do this. Therefor it would be great if Falcon's MPE worked with mono legato.

otristan wrote:
Echoes in the Attic wrote: And FYI, the 1.1.2 windows downloader gives an invalid url error on the download page.
You mean the link to download the installer ?
Just tried and it works fine here.
Yes. Tried with multiple browsers and get this:

I have no problem downloading it. :shrug:
Blue Phase Music

UVI uses Port 8080 for their downloads which can (and did for me) cause a problem for some firewalls and/or routers. If you know how to forward port 8080 to port 80 on your router do that, but failing that a quick solution is to lose the :8080 bit of the URL

Eg.
http://files.uvi.net:8080/UVIWS/4-2.6.5-1_uviworkstation-2.6.5.exe
becomes

Does installing a Falcon update also lead to that it installs PACE again?

I just upgraded to latest version UVI Workstation, and it is one of very few programs I update that I need to restart the computer after the installation is finished :help:

If there is a new version of pace: yes. In this case there is.
Blame the illegal downloaders/leeches and aphids for the fact that something police-like like this exists.

I habe no problems downloading the Win version of Falcon 1.1.2. from my My Products page inside my account. But my link is very different from yours. Much longer and very complicated. It does not contain any port info.
Windows 7, Cubase 9.5 and some extra plug-ins | Takamine EN-10C and PRS Mira

ErikH wrote:Blame the illegal downloaders/leeches and aphids for the fact that something police-like like this exists.
I own quite a bit of iLok and Steinberg Elicenser software but I still want to say this: That's a very naive way of looking at it. Just because there is crime doesn't mean we need a brutal, sometimes corrupt and non-functioning, police force. :wink:

As has been shown a multitude of times, it's perfectly possible to run a successful business without severely crippling DRM solutions.

.. but yeah, I wont go more offtopic than that.

No problems with 1.1.2 so far. I'm really liking the quite effective support from UVI. It gives a lot of confidence in the product. My guess is that Falcon is going to be a true classic.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

The first link will be a big long URL like

but your browser should forward to another direct link starting files.uvi.net

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to put that link up here, it'd still need the iLok copy protection but still I think they keep the URL private so don't want to risk it !

Numanoid wrote:Does installing a Falcon update also lead to that it installs PACE again?

I just upgraded to latest version UVI Workstation, and it is one of very few programs I update that I need to restart the computer after the installation is finished :help:
Only if Pace version has changed which was the case here. Now 3.0.1.
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team

Return to “Instruments”