Tritik releases Moodal

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Moodal

Absolutely stunning resonator plugin. Probably the best around in term of audio quality. Very rich and deep.

The dev thought doesn't seem very open minded for ideas and request. Lots already been requested by users over the last few years and none have been implemented, plugin is still pretty much the way it was when first released. So I wouldn't count of the dev for further more developments in term of features coming from you (us). But taken as is the way it is, it's still one hell go a crazy good plugin though.

Just for me it really rare usable because max decay is 10 sec. I just do not understand why to make such a restriction in resonator type device. One of the obvious uses of which are various drones / atmospheres and similar long textures. While to create a short\middle spatial body of any kind, can find myriad different other ways. Maybe I'm exaggerating a little, but I think the meaning is clear.
It's just a disappointment, only a millimeter for just a good thing, to become a happiness machine.

I like to use it with drums, kind of like a physical modeling type of effect. So i always use short decay times.

I like to use it to imitate the modal resonances of a given material or object in order to color another sound with them so, yes, it's like physical modelling for me, too (and I don't need long decays for this). It needs too much time to build a good new preset, though, that's the main problem for me.

I feel like a beefed up version of moodal is right up Meldas alley. Maybe someone should send the developers a request/idea.

Melda's very approximate equivalent products are probably MCabinet, MTurboReverb, or the "modal filter" module of MSoundFactory, a much more complex product (a huge synth which does physical modelling, additive, subtractive and wavetable synthesis, etc…).

MCombMB is pretty nifty, and the free ConvolutionEZ has some nice sound making settings. I'm wondering what the new Frostbite will be like.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Would like an option where Spectral Constraint Base Frequency can track MIDI note. It's already automatable but you need some kind of external script to translate MIDI note to frequency then map it to the automation value which is restricted to CC resolution so you're always going to be off. This doesn't impact the architecture, as it is already automatable and doesn't incur additional CPU usage.

Here's a proof of concept. The automation was manually created: https://youtu.be/I4GB0C-7oeA

The best plugin from this company. Sad its lacks some features. Keeping an eye on this one for sure.

Tritik sale is on. Use the code 6YEARS at checkout for 25% off

Damn, planned to add Crush to collection but videocard is dead recently, need spend to. :x

I wonder if we'll see features added. Maybe a version 2?

SeeingInMidi wrote: Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:48 am I wonder if we'll see features added. Maybe a version 2?
I would not bet on that. Moodal is the same -feature wise- since its initial release 4 years go and its developper hasn't really show any interests in users feedback. People are asking since a long time for modulations, lfo, etc and nothing yet so... Still, fantastic resonator. Top notch sound quality.

I am sorry to see that it's not being developed. By far their best and most useful plug-in, in my opinion. What I would really, really like would be a physical modelling assistant, to help modelling the resonances after those that are present in a real audio sample taken from a real object or from a real instrument. There are already some interesting presets of this kind in it and I hope that they will eventually decide to develop it by taking this direction.

Yes having more physical modeling presets would great, like copper, wood, a plastic tube, etc

Return to “Effects”