Tritik releases Moodal

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Moodal

No, sorry. But note that when you hover your mouse cursor over the knobs you'll have a description of what it does in the footer area.

Nice plugin!

I am with some others in this thread, i would like to see some more modulation options.
Is that going to happen?

This is a really great plugin! Nice work Tritik :tu:

I'm really impressed by the crystal clear audio quality. However, I did notice I have to run the 64-bit Windows demo in "fixed buffer mode" in FL Studio in order to eliminate some nasty clicking sounds. Anyone else notice that? All criticism aside, I'm in love with this one :love:

With Logic 10.2 in Mavericks 10.9.5 I noticed that automating the base frequency results in tonal jumps. Also the parameter does visual jumps. It seems to that there is no interpolation between the values.

And the shown value in Logic doesn't correlate to the shown value in the plugin. Values shown as automation go from 0.00 to 1.00, the plugin shows 20 Hz - 1000 Hz

Here's a sound sample, where I made a simple snare riser and automate the base frequency, and a filter in another plugin. For this example I made it 100% wet:

http://www.stardustmedia.com/sounds/Moo ... lJumps.mp3
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

NNevez wrote:Nice plugin!

I am with some others in this thread, i would like to see some more modulation options.
Is that going to happen?
to be honest, no promises really. but that's something we would like to look at! :)
Sound Author wrote:This is a really great plugin! Nice work Tritik :tu:

I'm really impressed by the crystal clear audio quality. However, I did notice I have to run the 64-bit Windows demo in "fixed buffer mode" in FL Studio in order to eliminate some nasty clicking sounds. Anyone else notice that? All criticism aside, I'm in love with this one :love:
thanks! I'll pm you to get some precision and try to reproduce.
stardustmedia wrote:the shown value in Logic doesn't correlate to the shown value in the plugin. Values shown as automation go from 0.00 to 1.00, the plugin shows 20 Hz - 1000 Hz
thanks for reporting that. you are right. this is a display issue with the audiounit, we'll look at that. note that it should be fine with the vst version.

NNevez wrote:Nice plugin!

Is that going to happen?
My brief experience setting up resonator effects in programming environment like Reaktor and such (even though that's just on the VPL level) is that an LFO signal would have to communicate with several aspects of the internal architecture at once; in the case of Moodal, having up to 100 resonators, modulation could very quickly become VERY CPU intensive. But who knows, if Tritik has a maverick engineer on staff they might be able to cook something up. However, I would rather see real-time MIDI pitch tracking before modulation, but that's just me :hihi:

Sound Author wrote:I would rather see real-time MIDI pitch tracking before modulation, but that's just me
too!
F E E D
Y O U R
F L O W

Sound Author wrote:an LFO signal would have to communicate with several aspects of the internal architecture at once; in the case of Moodal, having up to 100 resonators, modulation could very quickly become VERY CPU intensive.
- 1000, not 100! :wink:

but you're right, that's mainly why there's no promises: we got to look not only at what users would like, but also at some architecture aspects and see what is possible, and what you guys can accept in term of cpu usage :)

OOPS. That's right, 1000 resonators DERP :dog:
Last edited by Sound Author on Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:21 am, edited 2 times in total.

I think there's room for improvement in the future WRT CPU usage. But changing things around on-the-fly like the resonators' frequencies might never be seamless.

Sound Author wrote:I did notice I have to run the 64-bit Windows demo in "fixed buffer mode" in FL Studio in order to eliminate some nasty clicking sounds.
Yep, same here in 32-bit. I thought it was part of the plugin, sort of a slow tremelo or filter sort of effect, which disappeared when selected "use fixed size buffers" in the plugin wrapper in FL Studio 12

synzh wrote:
Sound Author wrote:I did notice I have to run the 64-bit Windows demo in "fixed buffer mode" in FL Studio in order to eliminate some nasty clicking sounds.
Yep, same here in 32-bit. I thought it was part of the plugin, sort of a slow tremelo or filter sort of effect, which disappeared when selected "use fixed size buffers" in the plugin wrapper in FL Studio 12
Good to know I'm not the only one. But once the "fixed buffers" option is selected, all is gud 8)

Sound Author wrote:
synzh wrote:
Good to know I'm not the only one. But once the "fixed buffers" option is selected, all is gud 8)
Ok guys, thanks for reporting this and for the workaround. Will have a look at that!

My brief experience setting up resonator effects in programming environment like Reaktor and such (even though that's just on the VPL level) is that an LFO signal would have to communicate with several aspects of the internal architecture at once; in the case of Moodal, having up to 100 resonators, modulation could very quickly become VERY CPU intensive. But who knows, if Tritik has a maverick engineer on staff they might be able to cook something up. However, I would rather see real-time MIDI pitch tracking before modulation, but that's just me :hihi:
Yes, that sure is a problem. Damn CPUs! :hihi:
It´s the same thing with Kaleidoscope, resonators are very hungry. Let´s hope for some developers magic. :hail:
Real-time MIDI pitch tracking would be great too!

sinkmusic wrote:For those who tried it already, and as thee is no audio demo yet, is it comparable to this venerable abandonware plugin (which i'm in love with) ?
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/macomate_88_by_mutagene
Glad to know I'm not the only one who's fond of macomate.. the mutagene plugins had some great ideas behind them, shame indeed 'tis all abandonware.

Anyway, will be trying out Moodal, I also was surprised to find no audio demo.
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

Return to “Effects”