Tritik releases Moodal

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Moodal

They did just come out with a reverb. Before that, they came out with Krush. Maybe that opens up time for upgrading Moodal (wishful thinking, I know). I already like it a lot, though, so it's not bugging me too much. But the suggestions are great, and I'd love to see them in an upgrade.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Speaking of... To all the Moodal enthusiasts, do you have presets to share maybe?

@Neon Breath Oftopic though, but wanted to say - recently had dig into your bandcamp, surprisingly good ambient, "Neon Room" 2019 liked the most, but from other different releases there is pretty impressive separate canvases too. Congrats.

c_voltage wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 9:16 am @Neon Breath Oftopic though, but wanted to say - recently had dig into your bandcamp, surprisingly good ambient, "Neon Room" 2019 liked the most, but from other different releases there is pretty impressive separate canvases too. Congrats.
Oh thanks for the feedbacks! :hail:

Neon Breath wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 3:23 am Speaking of... To all the Moodal enthusiasts, do you have presets to share maybe?

I made these two presets (see links herebelow): they are both accurate reconstructions of the resonances of a trombone note. I used them for a piece of mine for trombone, video and electronics (alongside with many other softwares). One is a low note (E2, 82.4 Hz) and the other a medium note (approximately C#4, 278 Hz). If you feed Moodal with a white noise with the right attack, you will hear a trombone-like sound (you may need to shorten the Decay Time and increase the Wet level, according to your taste). With any other sound, it will be like playing it inside a trombone, positioned in order to play those notes.
The format of the files is .tkpreset (please find your other Moodal presets on your computer and put these files in the same place. On the Mac, it's Username/Library/Applicaton Support/tritik/moodal/presets ).
I signed the presets. I would like to try yours, too!

https://mega.nz/file/wARkDT5Y#bQeJkyMd0 ... gGM3Bcp3kI

https://mega.nz/file/wUIygZQT#Yhtf4qBLI ... X_J9Eh1oH0

Last edited by XComposer on Wed Oct 07, 2020 10:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.

(Sorry, double post, please delete)

I don't have useful presets to share for now, unfortunately. Most of them are custom settings tweaked for specific projets or sounds. Still, thanks for sharing those two!

Tritik wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:53 pm We believe that its flexibility and its character make Moodal an invaluable tool for musicians and sound-designers.
Moodal has quickly become one of my favorite plugins, its ease of use for its depth is wonderful and it has opened the door to a wealth of beautiful and/or fascinating sounds. Thank you. I can live without further development of it, but the node interaction is... kind of clunky, is it not for anyone else? Perhaps double-clicking for a new node instead?

A system for “keyframes” per node, or automatable XY parameters per node (on a Kilohearts-assembly-line-style per-node XY parameter value interface) would be quite very much highly useful for sound design.

Return to “Effects”