What is the good "affordable" vst synth?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sfd wrote:
PatchAdamz wrote:Tal U-no LX
The Korg collection
Cant go wrong with these and very affordable.
Add Minisyn'x, PolyKB II Player and XILS 3 LE to that and I don't think you even need anything more :-)
Imagevia Imgflip Meme Maker

For the Korg collection, just now You can grab the Korg Taktile 25 controller.
Only 100$ (or 150$ for 49 keys version) and You have the whole Korg Legacy Collection Special Bundle, plus UVI Digital Synsations, Reason Limited and more.
You can say, that the keyboard is free :)

GHOST19 wrote:
sfd wrote:
PatchAdamz wrote:Tal U-no LX
The Korg collection
Cant go wrong with these and very affordable.
Add Minisyn'x, PolyKB II Player and XILS 3 LE to that and I don't think you even need anything more :-)
Imagevia Imgflip Meme Maker
So true. :D

:D beautiful :)

if not already mentioned minisyn'x and padshop pro should be added to the list.

Alchemy in LPX. You get a full blown DAW with one of the best synths (in my opinion Top 5) -- with Sampler capabilities -- for less than the price Alchemy sold for on its own. It now has more than 3000 built in patches. However, OSX is a requisite.
* AKAI, KRK, UAD, Softube Vol 1, Soundtoys
* Live, Logic, Serum, Spire, Dune 2, Hive

musiclover55547 wrote:Alchemy in LPX. You get a full blown DAW with one of the best synths (in my opinion Top 5) -- with Sampler capabilities -- for less than the price Alchemy sold for on its own. However, OSX is a requisite.
OS X is free... but the Mac isn't :hihi: Actually, it's quite the opposite.
Fernando (FMR)

might not be as affordable as the TAL stuff, but at $200.00 Reaktor 6 probably gives a person the best bang for their buck out of any plugin known to man.

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/pr ... reaktor-6/

It might seem intimidating, but it's actually not that bad. It is accessible at all levels, from n00b to expert and has something to offer everyone.

It also might aimed at more "experimental" musicians, but trust me there are some very simple synthesizers that the everyday muso can use in the user library.

As far as investments go, this might be all you need for plugins as it covers samplers, synths & effects. If i was just starting out from scratch on a budget, i would pick this up and Bitwig studio and I would be more than set.

You get a ton of synthesis algorithms from Additive to VA and anything in between.
Last edited by V0RT3X on Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
:borg:

fmr wrote:
musiclover55547 wrote:Alchemy in LPX. You get a full blown DAW with one of the best synths (in my opinion Top 5) -- with Sampler capabilities -- for less than the price Alchemy sold for on its own. However, OSX is a requisite.
OS X is free... but the Mac isn't :hihi: Actually, it's quite the opposite.
Quite true, but I've always been on a Mac.

Kinh wrote:You mentioned affordable. Well hows this for a suggestion.
Buy hybrid3 $150 and then Trash2 which is now reduced at $100

The reason; Hybrid has more presets than probably any synth out there but it lacks bite. Trash can give you that and make everything upfront just bring down the distortion and use the convolution. You can get some amazing sounds with the 2 and both would cost less than your average synth.
I highly recommend you try em if you want a real high end sound.
I don't believe it is fully polyphonic.

Retrologue is the most affordable synth made by those who made the VST format 8)

Silaris wrote:
DubLifeSD wrote:Wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales next month....most synths will be ''affordable"
+1. This my recommendation.

However, if you need to make a purchase before then, AAS Ultra Analog VA-2 is 50% off at Plugin Boutique through Oct 13th. It might be worth checking out.
Thanks-- Ultra Analog sounds awesome! It's after the sale, but it does sound good.

Reaktor 6 or the new UVI Falcon (currently on sale and probably the only VST you need....)
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

This synth came out recently. I really like it, they have a free web app and VST/AU.
https://electrictelepathy.com/web-apps/fluoresynth/

musiclover55547 wrote:
Kinh wrote:You mentioned affordable. Well hows this for a suggestion.
Buy hybrid3 $150 and then Trash2 which is now reduced at $100

The reason; Hybrid has more presets than probably any synth out there but it lacks bite. Trash can give you that and make everything upfront just bring down the distortion and use the convolution. You can get some amazing sounds with the 2 and both would cost less than your average synth.
I highly recommend you try em if you want a real high end sound.
I don't believe it is fully polyphonic.
If I remember correctly, the unison is monophonic.

Return to “Instruments”