Need some tips/ideas to make full songs.

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote:Please, don't say that... i thought i finally found a good starting point. :D
I take it back.. I take it back!! Remixing is an easy, comfortable and educative way of getting in to the world of song making :tu:

Thanks, that's a relief... at least until i get my hands dirty hehe.

it has a lot to do with the kind of music you are trying to make. if you are making dance music then it makes sense you are going to listen to loops over and over because that suits that genre. i have learned some basic guitar and often now i will try not to open a daw at all until i have something interesting on the guitar. in fact , NOT sitting at a computer is probably a good thing if you are trying to right more melodically structured tunes.
that being said a big interest of mine is in texture and sound itself so i will often spend a good few hours messing with synths etc.
listening to music you like is good to. it's amazing what you can tale away from that once you have an idea of what you are capable of on the computer.
the best training of all though is to do stuff with and for others. this teaches you so much because you have that distance between you and your own stuff. and the experience you gain from this whether it's just remixing will benefit you hugely ( in my opinion i should say - that's how it has been for me.)
sorry, my head is tired, that may read like gibberish : )

Inkwarp just reminded me of another piece of advice I like to trot out...

Set a deadline. Pretend you're making this for someone else. Maybe a record label has a release date two weeks from now, or the film production company needs your score in three days. It's amazing how productive you can be when properly motivated by deadlines. So make one for yourself and stick to it.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

whoops
Last edited by Lejurai on Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You are psytrance guy, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJw40DHLZ5w
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Thanks for vid :tu: I'm not too tight about sticking in a genre. Psytrance is what I focus on now, but generally I just do what I happend to make :D Earlier I was too stuck in one genre I didn't even really want to make but now I've given myself a promise to do what ever I do ^^

That video will come in handy than, explore this approach, find middle ground between that and pre-made skeleton variation sections, let it happen and flow, but don't stick to just one, use both, to gain perspective and natural flow.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Return to “Production Techniques”