How to update Unfiltered Audio's Sandman

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tough route. I see what you mean. Still it's not affecting life, happiness or health (I hope). Just a little money. It wouldn't stop me to get the best products. I also lost money on software, but I have burnt more money for more nonsense. I guess every one of us did ;-)

My route is not to let every little thing in the past decide the future.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

stardustmedia wrote:Tough route. I see what you mean. Still it's not affecting life, happiness or health (I hope). Just a little money. It wouldn't stop me to get the best products. I also lost money on software, but I have burnt more money for more nonsense. I guess every one of us did ;-).
Not a matter of money, and it's not a tough route at all... on the contrary, there's plenty great non-intrusive software to last several lifetimes, including most of what I consider the best products, and it has actually reduced my GAS and generally made my audio life way easier and happier. I sincerely recommend it.
stardustmedia wrote:My route is not to let every little thing in the past decide the future.
That's cool, mine is not to let circumstances outside my control stop me from using my software (within legal bounds obviously)... oh and learn from the little things in the past to avoid repeating mistakes in the future :P
The mind boggles.

Another wrinkle. Installed the new version over the previous version on Yosemite. The installer did not create the correct folder for presets for the new version. It did add the correct presets folder, but in the wrong place. The Factory Presets menu option was greyed out.

Plugin Alliance support did help me sort it out and I had to create the correct folder and move the presets there. The missing folder is named "Plugin Alliance."

Original time to install Sandman: less than one minute.

Time to register, install, trouble shoot, kludge, contact tech support, and fix the issue: over an hour.

Ok, I know I'm whining, and it's working, and I'm not injured or killed.

But this is pretty basic not to work the first time. I'm pretty confident it was not a user error. I ran the installer on top of the standard previous installation, started the plugin and it worked, but with no presets.

To be fair, tech support did help me sort it out, But is seems to be a bug that they introduced themselves.
2020 iMac 27" 10 Core, OS 12.6.6, iConnectAudio2+, iConnectMidi4+, Novation SL MKIII, Push 2, Ableton Live, VCV Rack Pro 2, Bitwig Studio

In spite of all the whining on this thread... if you were a legitimate owner of this plugin, you got the new version and all its new features for free.

I contacted Plugin Alliance tech support to make sure I wasn't downloading a 14-day trail of the new version, and within half an hour, I had an email confirming that my previous license had been transferred to their system.

They were a great help and I think Unfiltered Audio treated their existing customers fairly. Kudos to them. :tu:

So how do you get the update?

aMUSEd wrote:So how do you get the update?
PA sent out an e-mail on Monday to the e-mail accounts registered on Humble Bundle. If you didn't receive one, it might be in your spam folder, or you've unsubscribed from PA e-mails on that e-mail account. If so, shoot us an e-mail at contact@unfilteredaudio.com and we'll take care of it.

I unsubscribed because they kept spamming me

I was unsure about the process as well. Maybe I missed the specific instructions...
Anyway, I did not previously have a Plug-in Alliance account but the e-mail seems to indicate that an account was created for my e-mail address. So, I just used the 'Forgot Password' form on the Plug-in Alliance site. Once I created a new password and logged in, my licenses and downloads were waiting for me.

I'm not sure if this will work for everyone but I was able to get the latest version of Sandman and G8 that way.
Last edited by justin3am on Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OK that worked thanks

thelizard wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:So how do you get the update?
PA sent out an e-mail on Monday to the e-mail accounts registered on Humble Bundle. If you didn't receive one, it might be in your spam folder, or you've unsubscribed from PA e-mails on that e-mail account. If so, shoot us an e-mail at contact@unfilteredaudio.com and we'll take care of it.
I got the email from UA, but nothing from PA ... will check my account.

aMUSEd wrote:I unsubscribed because they kept spamming me

i did too but somehow my account was still there. they did/do send out metric f-ton of email offers and stuff which i find annoying.

otherwise seems a pretty straight forward system

dayjob wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:I unsubscribed because they kept spamming me

i did too but somehow my account was still there. they did/do send out metric f-ton of email offers and stuff which i find annoying.

otherwise seems a pretty straight forward system
What is particularly stupid is that they can't distinguish between someone taking themselves off their mailing list because they don't want to get spammed and a customer needed an email from them about how to activate a plugin they bought.

I hate drm also, I was kind of pissed when I saw this as I tend to buy plugins with only a serial number in general but I totally understand the move. Anyway I hope this will help generate more revenues and seeing new plugins pop-up.
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

justin3am wrote:So, I just used the 'Forgot Password' form on the Plug-in Alliance site. Once I created a new password and logged in, my licenses and downloads were waiting for me.
Thanks justin :tu: . That worked for me too.
Sound C loud
Band C amp
Clicks and pops is all I get

Anyone else having trouble with corrupted installers? I've downloaded v1.1 a couple of times but its broken both times.

[edit] third time lucky ... :tu:

Return to “Effects”