Is pop music inherently stupid?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

tripomatic wrote:There is no stupid music, just stupid listeners.....
This thread is STILL going?

I'll refute this though as stating on record that kanye west is stupid music WITH stupid listeners.

Everyone I've met who crusades against pop music has been very tedious to be around. It's a very neckbeard thing to rail against.

It's just willful cynicism between you and loving pop music (not all of it, obviously). Eventually you just have to shrug and let the cheap hooks run through you.

The Chase wrote:Everyone I've met who crusades against pop music has been very tedious to be around. It's a very neckbeard thing to rail against.

It's just willful cynicism between you and loving pop music (not all of it, obviously). Eventually you just have to shrug and let the cheap hooks run through you.
No I don't ;)

Repetitive guitar hooks and vocal lines are one thing. "Oh oh oh" in every single song 250,000 times gets old really fast.

There's a relative new podcast called "Tuner" which deconstructs pop tunes. Very well done, and shows more than one would think about some big hits.

I don't follow pop music but it seems to still be a field with a fair variety of inputs. It doesn't have to be anything. Many pop songs are quite sophisticated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaFhUvL_C1s

Pop music doesn't only mean "oh oh oh" and "baby baby".

But I thought I decided this was a pointless thread to engage in, because it's way more opinion than anything quantitative. Sigh.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Oh I like baby baby. P push it real good!

But now it doesn't matter if it's cuntry, poop, rap, "r n b", dance, acoustic, or whatever POPular act......the "oh oh OH oh......oh oh OH oh oh" is just f**king nauseatingly old.

I'd almost rather hear token rap parts :scared:

incubus wrote:I'd almost rather hear token rap parts :scared:
Keep your ears peeled, I'm making a new jack swing single, there's gonna be not one but two token raps. I already have all the clothes for the music video, it'll be awesome.

p.s. I'm white, french accent.

:tu:

Pop music that is pleasant is likely to be stupid as well, yes.
It might sound gloomy, but in my view only serious and sad topics are not stupid. And usually there is a connection between lyrics and music. I mean, it is odd to have jumpy cheerful music and at the same time lyrics on politics or death 8)
And love songs are silly, anyway 8)

But all that is no problem because pop music is geared at simple minds, and there are loads of them out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kX2TBvZCOUw

Happy music doesn't have to be dumb...

Could be, but I enjoy in some tunes very much, heard this one not long ago, it works for me :phones:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwK-WAnIWIw
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

acYm wrote:
incubus wrote:I'd almost rather hear token rap parts :scared:
Keep your ears peeled, I'm making a new jack swing single, there's gonna be not one but two token raps. I already have all the clothes for the music video, it'll be awesome.

p.s. I'm white, french accent.

:tu:
Dooood, I'm totally there with you on that. Please tell me that you're going to do the raps yourself? And ohmyfookingawd there'd better be some triangle if you know what's good for you.

I'll just leave this here. To quote a member of the audience at the moment lil-wayne starts "strumming", "my boo got talent." But, don't take her word for it, here's the talent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgXL20IoyHM

ghettosynth wrote:Dooood, I'm totally there with you on that. Please tell me that you're going to do the raps yourself? And ohmyfookingawd there'd better be some triangle if you know what's good for you.
It goes without saying.

I went with the cowbell, actually.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”