Native Instruments released Reaktor 6 !

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Reaktor

You could always sell the upgrade later after youve bought 11
Amazon: why not use an alternative

when using reaktor player 6, even if you only use mikroprism, do you still only get 30 minutes to use it? because that is what is happening for me with reaktor player 6, using only mikroprism.

Blue Phase Music wrote:I know this thread is aging now, but I was wondering, based on people's experience with Reaktor 6 vs. Reaktor 5, should I upgrade now, or wait for Komplete 11? I don't remember what time of year Komplete 10 was released.
Im on Komplete 9 and Ive been skipping odd-numbered versions since 7. I was going to wait for Komplete11, but since the other major package out of Komplete I use heavily is Kontakt, I realised that even if there's a Kontakt 6 in Komplete 11, I suspect it'll be quite a time before a significant amount of 3rd party-libraries require Kontakt 6. And while NI's own additional content obviously isn't bad, its primarily the 3rd party stuff that's interesting to me.

The other plugins in Komplete are generally in the 'nice to have but not crucial' category, and the content probably less so.

So, despite hanging off for a while, just before Christmas I decided I wanted Reaktor 6 more than I wanted Komplete 11, and upgraded.

So unless something utterly amazing ships with Komplete 11, or the admittedly unlikely scenario of my R6 upgrade giving me an appropriate discount towards my K11 upgrade price, I'll probably get it when they blow it out at half price, or perhaps even wait and see what happens with 12.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

overhishead wrote:when using reaktor player 6, even if you only use mikroprism, do you still only get 30 minutes to use it? because that is what is happening for me with reaktor player 6, using only mikroprism.
No, a legit licence for any Reaktor packs should give you non time limited access to those packs.
However if you load anything that doesn't require a licence it will only give you the time limited version.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Do you have Microprism registered in the Service Center? If not, that would explain why it's in demo mode.

whyterabbyt wrote:
Blue Phase Music wrote:I know this thread is aging now, but I was wondering, based on people's experience with Reaktor 6 vs. Reaktor 5, should I upgrade now, or wait for Komplete 11? I don't remember what time of year Komplete 10 was released.
Im on Komplete 9 and Ive been skipping odd-numbered versions since 7. I was going to wait for Komplete11,
The other plugins in Komplete are generally in the 'nice to have but not crucial' category, and the content probably less so.
So unless something utterly amazing ships with Komplete 11, or the admittedly unlikely scenario of my R6 upgrade giving me an appropriate discount towards my K11 upgrade price, I'll probably get it when they blow it out at half price, or perhaps even wait and see what happens with 12.
We're on the same upgrade bus, and I'm with you on that. I've mostly been upgrading to get new Reaktor features. I believe Monark shipped with 9, don't quote me on that. If I skip 11, then my total cost will be lower than if I had waited for 11. The only version that's old and I'm glad that I have for unique products is version 5 which has the organ plugin. I wish they had upgraded that to 64 bit before dropping it for the kontakt version.

BDeep wrote:Do you have Microprism registered in the Service Center? If not, that would explain why it's in demo mode.
thanks, yes i do have both reaktor player and microprism registered, and i am using nothing else. Reaktor player 6 still goes into demo mode anyway after 30 minutes. looked at the service center and both products are registered.

is anyone else using reaktor 6 player? (it seems like everyone probably owns reaktor except me :hihi: )

whyterabbyt wrote:
Im on Komplete 9 and Ive been skipping odd-numbered versions since 7. I was going to wait for Komplete11, but since the other major package out of Komplete I use heavily is Kontakt, I realised that even if there's a Kontakt 6 in Komplete 11, I suspect it'll be quite a time before a significant amount of 3rd party-libraries require Kontakt 6. And while NI's own additional content obviously isn't bad, its primarily the 3rd party stuff that's interesting to me.

So, despite hanging off for a while, just before Christmas I decided I wanted Reaktor 6 more than I wanted Komplete 11, and upgraded.

Yes, I'll probably wait for the half-off sale to upgrade to 11 after I purchase the upgrade for Reaktor 6, and yup, if anyone wants it, I can sure sell the upgrade to Reaktor 6 then, if I'm so inclined.

I feel better about the upgrade to Reaktor 6 now. Thanks, all.
Blue Phase Music

overhishead wrote:
BDeep wrote:Do you have Microprism registered in the Service Center? If not, that would explain why it's in demo mode.
thanks, yes i do have both reaktor player and microprism registered, and i am using nothing else. Reaktor player 6 still goes into demo mode anyway after 30 minutes. looked at the service center and both products are registered.

is anyone else using reaktor 6 player? (it seems like everyone probably owns reaktor except me :hihi: )
I have not upgraded from 5.9.x to 6 and so I have to use the player to play the blocks wired stuff. I am sort of miffed that 6 was not just offered to people whose Komplete packages are current. It isn't like an add-on bit like Monark, it is a full version update of one of the flagship synths. So I am waiting for the next big Komplete update.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

listening to audio of what people are doing with R6 and blocks is the first time I have actually been impressed by the sonic quality of Reaktor... first time I said, based on sound quality, I want this. I wasn't thinking of upgrading from 5 initially, but now I may get R6

pdxindy wrote:listening to audio of what people are doing with R6 and blocks is the first time I have actually been impressed by the sonic quality of Reaktor... first time I said, based on sound quality, I want this. I wasn't thinking of upgrading from 5 initially, but now I may get R6
You were never impressed by Monark
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

I dont really understand NI and the whole Komplete thing. Reaktor 6 is a Komplete synth, but its not included in Komplete? Monark and many others are Reaktor ensembles, but do they come with Reaktor? Or are the modules included in Reaktor, but not the custom gui?

v1o wrote:... You were never impressed by Monark
if someone isn't impressed with Monark they're almost not worth having a conversation with. like someone who prefers Green Day over the Sex Pistols.

.jon wrote:I dont really understand NI and the whole Komplete thing. Reaktor 6 is a Komplete synth, but its not included in Komplete? Monark and many others are Reaktor ensembles, but do they come with Reaktor? Or are the modules included in Reaktor, but not the custom gui?
Reaktor is included in Komplete. However, the last Komplete had Reaktor 5 in it. So, Reaktor 6 won't appear until the next Komplete is released.

The reaktor ensembles that NI sell (Razor, Monark, etc) are not included with Reaktor. However, Reaktor does come with tons of other great ensembles and you can load user library contributions.

jbuonacc wrote:
v1o wrote:... You were never impressed by Monark
if someone isn't impressed with Monark they're almost not worth having a conversation with. like someone who prefers Green Day over the Sex Pistols.
lol :)

Return to “Instruments”