This explains a lot about Cakewalk/Sonar

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
SONAR

BBFG# wrote:I really didn't have any problem with X2. Although the company quickly showed how they will implement something and drop almost immediately (starting with 'Content Club' - d'oh!). I will admit though, that I was still hurting from a Cubase debacle that left me completely DAWless for just over a year and was happy to make any decision in getting another one. I'm also one that uses them more as an old fashion tape machine. Meaning, if I didn't get it right that time, I will do it again rather than use all the edits and features which push the testing of the DAW to begin with. So I'm not sure that real applications for testing in the demo period ever came up. Like I said, no problems or bugs, even in X2. It isn't until I start working with others that the features come in for me. Realizing that something I've recorded from someone else may be the best I ever get out of them or in cases where they did something really nice, will probably never be repeated.
It does seem the company 'throws' things out onto the market without any other reason than to make a sale and move on. And move on they do. However, the company itself seems to be stabilizing after the Gibson takeover, albeit with the same hit and miss support side where you don't even know if they will answer a request until they actually do. Or if that answer will be an answer or just a way to dismiss you.
Platinum has been their best improvement to date, but Command Center makes demands for their convenience, not yours (or mine). It is nice to see each update is not turning it into a different machine and making you wonder where they hid 'that function' now though.

I like Sonar, but the last Steinberg sale has me sitting on Cubase and ready to install as soon as the new version is released. Doesn't mean I'll dump Sonar at all. Sonar and Cubase have been on my machines in one form or another since the early 90's.

As far as DAW's go, Sonar can still get the job done. And better than just adequately.
Thanks for sharing this. Your use case is a good example of when Sonar works for people. I've seen other users who go the linear tape type of use and they also have far fewer gripes. When I used a minimal set of features, I had less to complain about. Back then, it was more the GUI behaviors that annoyed me, but I had little other experience to compare against at the time and it was all pretty much typical Windows API crap.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Sometimes I just don't understand KVR at all :?

We now have an informative thread that is back on topic, reasonable and even respectful.
Stop it at once, all of you :hihi:
Why won't you delete this account as I have requested Ben ?

RockinMillie wrote:Sometimes I just don't understand KVR at all :?

We now have an informative thread that is back on topic, reasonable and even respectful.
Stop it at once, all of you :hihi:
Why you little... :x :x

:D :D
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

So.....

Do you think this guy got what he deserved?

[mod edit: link removed, spammy "so I can post links" posts deleted]

This is better than a soap opera!!! Crazy shit!! He even wants his own ass banned now...

Sorry, but dragging a fight from Cakewalk's forum here and throwing fuel on the flames isn't appropriate. Please argue the case back in the forum where the problem began. Thanks.

If you'd like to discuss the topic instead of just spreading flames from elsewhere, feel free.

Fair enough apologies for that. I just could not believe that thread.

Meffy wrote:Sorry, but dragging a fight from Cakewalk's forum here and throwing fuel on the flames isn't appropriate. Please argue the case back in the forum where the problem began. Thanks.

If you'd like to discuss the topic instead of just spreading flames from elsewhere, feel free.
Holy crap! A Meffy sighting!
A well-behaved signature.

Baloney wrote:Fair enough apologies for that. I just could not believe that thread.
Yeah, wonder what happened there, the guy seemed reasonable before. Hope it's ok to say that at least, won't continue about the thing.

Baloney wrote:Fair enough apologies for that. I just could not believe that thread.
No worries. There's plenty of stuff to discuss/argue in this thread and elsewhere on KVR. Enjoy.

Should do this more often then... Sorry for getting over excited earlier...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”