Alchemy welcomes to Logic X Pro 10.2 and Mainstage 3 (Update 20.1.2016)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alchemy Logic Pro MainStage

trimph1 wrote:
audiot wrote:Okay, to sum it up ... an overrated product is now exclusivly available for overpriced computers
and a developer, who f**cked his loyal customers is now working for the biggest bunch of a**holes
in the computer-industry. Hmm ... i think he's in good company.

Enough said ... time to have some fun with zebra/kontakt/bazille/massive ... damn, so many great windows-products ... no need to cry a tear.
A bit peeved perhaps? :hug: :party:
No, not a bit. :hug: I own Alchemy Player and one addon - that charity-save-water-library for 5 Euros. I did not regret it, because of that low price and for the charity-reason, but I never used it. The sound in general was really good but the factory- and the water-library were uninspiring to me (except a few pearls).

But to be fair ... I own lots of 3rd-party-libraries for kontakt. For sample-based content I prefer kontakt and for synth-sounds I prefer synths ... that's it. The only hybrid that makes me horny is Omnisphere 2 ... and Zebra, which I already own (not really sample-based but great wavetables).

audiot wrote:Okay, to sum it up ... a fantastic product is now exclusively available for the sexiest computers available today and a developer, who brought an amazing synth to the public is now working for the greatest technology corporation to have graced the earth. Well done to him, he's in good company.

Enough ... time to use some overpriced synths called zebra/kontakt/bazille/massive ... damn, so many overpriced windows-products ... need to cry a tear.
fixed :D

Numanoid wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:Apple Records is deceased.
No, it isn't

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_Corps
Thank you. I have apparently not followed Apple Corps beyond the surface features. Still, that lawsuit regarding the Apple IIgs synth chip was bullshit. Computers needed music hardware. The only reason Apple Corps went after it was because of the name "Apple". There was no chance of consumers having brand confusion between Apple IIgs computers and Apple Corps product.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

squidlr wrote:
audiot wrote:Okay, to sum it up ... a fantastic product is now exclusively available for the sexiest computers available today and a developer, who brought an amazing synth to the public is now working for the greatest technology corporation to have graced the earth. Well done to him, he's in good company.

Enough ... time to use some overpriced synths called zebra/kontakt/bazille/massive ... damn, so many overpriced windows-products ... need to cry a tear.
Hey ... that's not fair. This makes me look like an apple fanboy and I hate apple ... really ... I hate them. A company that represents itself as something superior and elitist should care for minimum social standards:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxconn_suicides

... their profit-margins are silly compared to other companies. I Know their are lots of a**holes on the market, but apple is by far the biggest. And i dont want to comment their update-strategies here ... turbo-capitalism 2.0 ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCwBkNgPZFQ

But your edit was funny ... nice job :lol:

audiot wrote:
squidlr wrote:

Hey ... that's not fair. This makes me look like an apple fanboy and I hate apple ... really ... I hate them. A company that represents itself as something superior and elitist should care for minimum social standards:

... their are lots of a**holes on the market, but apple is by far the biggest. And i dont want to comment their update-strategies here ... turbo-capitalism 2.0 ...

great video, although the fact that it could easily have been about samsung, nokia etc is what gets me about this whole 'apple is the scourge' nonsense.

apple is an easy target, and clearly there are some major issues it needs to sort out. but it's easy to point out such an easy target to try to justify such pointless grievances against a company that you hate, because...apple.

i wonder how those that point out such issues would fair in an ethical audit i.e you have to make a herculean effort to be an ethical consumer....hate apple, but pay no attention to where your new trainers come from....hate apple, but buy bananas from...anywhere...hate apple, but buy your meat from anywhere but a local farm that treats it's animals like family...hat apple, but is not vegan...hate apple, but doesn't spend a minute investigating whether his off-the-shelf pc contains any parts that came from less-than-ethical sources..etc etc

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
audiot wrote:
squidlr wrote:

... their are lots of a**holes on the market, but apple is by far the biggest. And i dont want to comment their update-strategies here ... turbo-capitalism 2.0 ...

great video, although the fact that it could easily have been about samsung, nokia etc is what gets me about this whole 'apple is the scourge' nonsense.

apple is an easy target, and clearly there are some major issues it needs to sort out. but it's easy to point out such an easy target to try to justify such pointless grievances against a company that you hate, because...apple.

i wonder how those that point out such issues would fair in an ethical audit i.e you have to make a herculean effort to be an ethical consumer....hate apple, but pay no attention to where your new trainers come from....hate apple, but buy bananas from...anywhere...hate apple, but buy your meat from anywhere but a local farm that treats it's animals like family...hat apple, but is not vegan...hate apple, but doesn't spend a minute investigating whether his off-the-shelf pc contains any parts that came from less-than-ethical sources..etc etc
You always have a choice ... the fairphone for example is a first step in the right direction. I'm aware that the whole fair-trade-thing is a luxury that not everyone can effort ... we need a major change in our economy and financial-system.

I better stop here .. my english is not the best for political discussions and kvr is not the right place for it. Sorry for that.

To be fair, this isn't really the sort of forum where people go to discuss trainers or groceries. That said, i bet there's a lot of ethical hipster vegans with MacBooks. :D

mutantdog wrote:That said, i bet there's a lot of ethical hipster vegans with MacBooks. :D
For sure. :)

I'm an ethical vegetarian with a Mac Mini, iPad, and Adidas. :P

We buy most of our food from a bio shop, almost all of my guitars were made in the USA or Germany, My monitors were made in Denmark, I think (Dynaudio), my interface (FF802) is made in Germany, most of our appliances are made here in Germany. Main issues are Apple, our Panasonic TV and BD player. Can't escape the Matrix completely and be a good consumer...... :hihi: :dog:
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

mutantdog wrote:To be fair, this isn't really the sort of forum where people go to discuss trainers or groceries. That said, i bet there's a lot of ethical hipster vegans with MacBooks. :D

you're right !! it is not the place to discuss these things. however, it isn't the place to discuss the foxconn situation either :shrug:

as for hipster vegans with macbooks ?? of course.. that's my point. everyone has their own thing that makes them feel they are doing right by the world, while turning a blind eye to the rest

I like my MacBook pro, i don't like apple itself too much and i had a giant steak 2 hours ago :D

It's funny that humans can get so emotive about such stuff..... humans are a crazy lifeform. But maybe apple create soon the perfect ihuman :hihi:

Of course every company in the world want our money.... point! How they do it might be a bit different but do anyone think that there is even one of the big companies which wants just the best for us all.... welcome to reality!

It's easy.... just use the tools which fits well and you can live or not with the company. I don't care if it's doing what i want. Do i close my eyes to often (like most people in the first world).... yes!

I'm not a bad guy but maybe i am?!?!

What people often forget about Foxconn is the alternative for the people who work there. To get back to farm life, and work 12 hours per day, 7 days a week for nothing at all. It's a first world discussion held by first world people. It is pure luxury when you can afford such discussions. The most people in the third world don't, but rather have to find ways to get some food on the table.

Sorry for HPC stuff. :)

All of our toys are made in china if you have a closer look at the components. The sad thing is that the pricing pressure of the big players like apple cause this modern slavery ... without a need ... unbelievable profit-margins. We need international minimum-standards! It's not the point that foxxconn dont want to pay the workers that less (one of the managers said that in an interview) ... it's just not possible, otherwise we get components that are "made in africa".

My last words: Support the left parties or accept the world as it is

I'm out now ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NPxqXMZq7o

audiot wrote:All of our toys are made in china if you have a closer look at the components. The sad thing is that the pricing pressure of the big players like apple cause this modern slavery ... without a need ... unbelievable profit-margins. We need international minimum-standards! It's not the point that foxxconn dont want to pay the workers that less (one of the managers said that in an interview) ... it's just not possible, otherwise we get components that are "made in africa".

I'm out now ...

moderat ?? great band. run logic on mac-pro :P

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/in- ... dio-586914

audiot wrote:All of our toys are made in china if you have a closer look at the components. The sad thing is that the pricing pressure of the big players like apple cause this modern slavery ... without a need ... unbelievable profit-margins. We need international minimum-standards! It's not the point that foxxconn dont want to pay the workers that less (one of the managers said that in an interview) ... it's just not possible, otherwise we get components that are "made in africa".

I'm out now ...

Just a picture with actual facts about the unbelievable evilness or modern slavery in china:

Yes the industrialization in china has really brought great evils in form of a higher per capita income to the people. Now the people who used to be employed in the agriculture, and got a shit for what they do 12 hours a day, 7 days a week, get a lot more, because more and more are employed in the industry. And of course, the working and living conditions are way below what we are considering as normal, but, they're a lot higher there now than they used to be, when most were farmers, and got nothing for what they do. So please, try to put yourself in the position of the people there, and don't argue from what you experience here. I know that's very hip, but it's not very rational.

Return to “Instruments”